Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know, and I dont profess that I believe what you stated as well.....I just find the words of those who dont blatantly dismiss the unknown, respectable. These are the only kinds of people able to be reasoned with. Some are here to praise those with the same beliefs and degrade those who speak anything foreign..
Well I must be very foreign ,but then the gospel is ' foriegn ' to those who do not truly understand it !!

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
It is not the age. It is the mentality level which the word age is equivalent too as handicapped people are like babies in that they do not recognize their sinfulness and are not accountable as we are
John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
He is not talking about physical blindness but Spiritual blindness which was a choice made by the soul before .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I find it totally agreeable that one who believes anyone will literally burn in an oven and takes most of the bible as literal....would also believe that children will be there as well.....

Yes it is "unfair" for one who has not heard the word to have to face hellfire, but is it "Fair" for one who had never faced the temptation that many in "hell" had succumbed to, and still go to "Heaven?

Neither can be reconciled in the mind of man....

We also have to take into account that this whole notion is of the flesh.....we are assuming that little crawling babies will be in fire crawling around....and we are using this imagery to form opinions.

Yet there is no reason to believe that eternal bodies will look just like the physical....or that our new body have to take the same age and form as the current...in fact, many who have died after the age of 80, would be very disappointed if we had to keep the same age and appearance that we left the earth with....
We only get our 'spiritual bodies ' when we are perfected ,and after Jesus returns and completes His work .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I must be very foreign ,but then the gospel is ' foriegn ' to those who do not truly understand it !!
We are a very peculiar people......Sometimes viewed as the ignorant and unlearned, to those educated in the doctrines created from the word.....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We only get our 'spiritual bodies ' whne we are perfected ,and after Jesus returns and completes His work .
I agree, and Jesus comes when we are like Him......then we will see Him as He is, and know, even as we are known...... Woe to them who waits till the future for the promised meant for today......the day of salvation....

• Winner
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yet you believe God will punish the older ones because they gave into the temptation that the younger one did not have to face.

You seem to have more compassion for those younger in age. What if God loved everyone equally and without the prejudices known to infect man?
Christians ,well most are confused, as they are like children in primary school who think they know everything, because they have learned the BASICS .
This is all most of the churches can teach, as that is all they know ,but we should realise that there is much more as Jesus taught much more and with seeking, and the Hoy Spirit, and being born again ,one gets to know more .:idea:

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 18:3

Why speak of "becoming as" if they are doomed to hell?

That's like saying.

If you dont want a speeding ticket... be as a speeder. :|

If a child is innocent enough to be used in the example of those that we are to become in order to see Heaven... how much more innocent a baby?

As to the question to people believe such things? I'm sure, there us no limit to what some in humanity will choose to embrace as "truth".
All sinned IN ADAM.
All are guilty not innocent.
If God saves any, or all, or anything in between it is only of His mercy and grace.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, some babies go to Hell, since all mankind is born with an Adamic (sinful) nature. While a baby has not sinned as much as they possibly could, they are not righteous before God just because they are babies. God elect whom He chooses to salvation according to His divine will, not because of something special in the individual, regardless of age, whether 1 minute old of 100 years old.

If one believes that babies automatically go to Heaven, this is not a biblical doctrine, then that person needs to be the greatest proponent of abortion ever, since abortion would be the greatest Heaven filling device ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anna Therese

May 18, 2018
USA
✟19,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't believe that but I would be interested to know if there is anyone here who believes that.

Yes, babies who depart this life without the sacrament of baptism do go to Hell, but the part of Hell where there is no fire. This is rooted in the Catholic dogma and the words of Jesus Christ (John 3:15).

Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence, Session 11, Feb. 4, 1442, ex cathedra: “Regarding children, indeed, because of danger of death, which can often take place, when no help can be brought to them by another remedy than through the sacrament of baptism, through which they are snatched from the domination of the Devil [original sin] and adopted among the sons of God, it advises that holy baptism ought not be deferred for forty or eighty days, or any time according to the observance of certain people…” (Denz. 712)

By the way, have you ever considered why Satan loves and promotes abortion?

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom (Proverbs 1:7)(Proverbs 9:10). If one cannot take those first steps, they cannot cannot cast out fear (1 John 4:18), and be perfected in love by obeying God. For 1 John 2:5 says,

"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him." (1 John 2:5).​

The fact that God cares for me enough to make my choices matter in this life is the foundation or basis of my faith. It was the fear of the Lord that made me to depart from evil.

"...by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil." (Proverbs 16:6).​

To depart from evil gives understanding.

"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding." (Job 28:28).​

Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15).
So after we fear the Lord (fire insurance as you call it), we learn to then love God by realizing that obeying His commandments is the equivalent of loving Him. We start to cast out fear of the Lord by perfecting our love in obedience to His Word (See again: 1 John 4:18, and 1 John 2:15).

Love is more than just a feeling.

Love is a devotion. A loyalty. A faithfulness.
But in order to learn how to love, we must need to fear God first because that is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom. If one does not start off fearing God, then we do not care about sin, or God's judgments and or what He says and we are fools who are seeking to make ourselves into being our own gods with us dictating the terms of how things should be to God.

Like I said you only serve as a type of fire insurance.
Lip service is what they call that in the bible

Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the false accusation and insult. I will rejoice in God my Savior.

Side Note:

Oh, and by the way, where do you think the KJV is in support of babies having the capacity? You did not exactly give a verse in the KJV or anything (showing that babies have the capacity).
It's not a false accusation when stated in 2 Peter 3:16 that God says those who distort Paul's letters will also distort other Scriptures.

Millennialism is one such example of distorting other Scriptures to fit a false teaching. Scripture very clearly teaches that false teaching has the effect like that of gangrene (2 Timothy 2:17).
Sorry you feel insulted by the truth of God's Word when the effects of gangrene is being spoken and subsequently is refuted.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like I said you only serve as a type of fire insurance.
Lip service is what they call that in the bible

Uh huh, okay. Then what is this verse doing in our Bible?

"And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh." (Jude 1:23).​

Do you care to explain it using Scripture?

Side Note:

Oh, and if you were to notice in my previous post to you, I essentially said that love is something that comes later for those who perfect their walk with God by obeying Him. Again, see 1 John 2:5. In other words, I am not saying a person remains in having a fear of the Lord their whole life because they learn to walk uprightly when they mature in the faith (Thereby having a proper love of God by their obedience to Him).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not a false accusation when stated in 2 Peter 3:16 that God says those who distort Paul's letters will also distort other Scriptures.

Millennialism is one such example of distorting other Scriptures to fit a false teaching. Scripture very clearly teaches that false teaching has the effect like that of gangrene (2 Timothy 2:17).
Sorry you feel insulted by the truth of God's Word when the effects of gangrene is being spoken and subsequently is refuted.

It is against forum rules to attack me, the poster. You may disagree with my belief and you can even call it false, untrue, or unbiblical, but to move it into the realm of saying that I am actively distorting God's Word is an attack upon me personally. It is inflammatory and or goading.

Here are the thread rules, if you are not aware of them:
  • Do not identify a group of members or a theological viewpoint with a derogatory or inflammatory label.
  • When you disagree, address the context of the post and not the poster.
  • When you disagree with someone's position, you should post evidence and supporting statements for your position. This policy, sometimes referred to as "X means Y because of Z", must be followed especially when posting claims that are widely considered to be controversial.

Source:
Statement of Purpose - Controversial Christian Theology Statement of Purpose

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is against forum rules to attack me, the poster. You may disagree with my belief and you can even call it false, untrue, or unbiblical, but to move it into the realm of saying that I am actively distorting God's Word is an attack upon me personally. It is inflammatory and or goading.

Here are the thread rules, if you are not aware of them:
  • Do not identify a group of members or a theological viewpoint with a derogatory or inflammatory label.
  • When you disagree, address the context of the post and not the poster.
  • When you disagree with someone's position, you should post evidence and supporting statements for your position. This policy, sometimes referred to as "X means Y because of Z", must be followed especially when posting claims that are widely considered to be controversial.
Source:
Statement of Purpose - Controversial Christian Theology Statement of Purpose
The belief in a premil kingdom to come about at second coming was held by many Early Church fathers, so this is not heresy, as it is acceptable with orthodoxy, as is Post and Amil also!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The belief in a premil kingdom to come about at second coming was held by many Early Church fathers, so this is not heresy, as it is acceptable with orthodoxy, as is Post and Amil also!

A person can call it the Millennium, the 1,000 year reign of Christ, or whatever they like to call it. I just know that the following words below in Scripture are true:

4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them." (Revelation 20:4-9).​

Amen.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2tim_215
Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
Uh huh, okay. Then what is this verse doing in our Bible?

"And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh." (Jude 1:23).​

Do you care to explain it using Scripture?

Side Note:

Oh, and if you were to notice in my previous post to you, I essentially said that love is something that comes later for those who perfect their walk with God by obeying Him. Again, see 1 John 2:5. In other words, I am not saying a person remains in having a fear of the Lord their whole life because they learn to walk uprightly when they mature in the faith (Thereby having a proper love of God by their obedience to Him).

But you are mistaking the fear of the Lord as fear or terror, yet the fear of the Lord is being in awe of Him and has nothing to do with FEAR as being afraid.

Upvote 0