Do so-called Christians have a one way ticket to hell?

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hey Everyone!

When I am reading some of these posts it really takes me back to some instances that I had with "Christian people". Like one of my cousins was trying to be a preacher. He struggled with addiction, but he is now rehabilitated and we got into a small debate and he said that he thought it was okay if :

The pastor smokes _ _ _ _ and if the pastor drinks with his congregation. Also he doesn't feel like premarital relations is a sin and that you can still go to heaven when you participate in these sinful acts (when you KNOW Gods word).

I don't want to focus on my cousin. However, I see this trend happening more and more. Where people are claiming Christianity and then they turn around and they agree with:

same sex marriage, premarital relationships, immodesty,
drugs, drinking, and many of them will state that it is okay. God love's you.

I understand that no one is perfect , and man is sinful. But I take the word of God SERIOUSLY! I feel like if I lie, and say God said it was okay to do something and it was NOT, this is a great sin. My point being:

Do you think this is another form of Confusion for non-Christians?

Is this turning people away from the message of Jesus Christ?

Is it a huge sin to teach others that this is Gods will when it clearly is not?

Why do people do this?

I think when you are a Christian and you know better and you believe those things that are against the will of God, I think (speaking to myself) that is the fastest way to get you into hell. Because by claiming Christ with your lips you are dishonoring him with your behavior. hmm , I don't know. I don't play with God like that.

*This thread is addressing saved and sanctified Christian people. I am not talking about people who are in the world and who do NOT know Christ.

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think when you are a Christian and you know better and you believe those things that are against the will of God, I think (speaking to myself) that is the fastest way to get you into hell.

It is useful to learn about the beliefs of denominations other than your own to understand the viewpoint and life choices of other Christians.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Timahani
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
No, no, no Chosen and Blessed,
I am not talking about denominations. Because I grew up in several denominations. I am not talking about man made rituals and church traditions. I am talking about : THE WORD OF GOD!! Which has no denominations.

Revelations 22:15 states "Do not be deceived:neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, ...shall inherit the Kingdom of God.

There is no SUCH things as a denominational Bible. This is not Pentecostal doctrine. This is the Word of God which is far more supreme that any man made rule. In a sweet voice, I don't even want to discuss denominational differences. I just want to discuss Gods word :). His message is clear.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Are they saved? That's the question you've posed, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

JimmyJimmy,
I don't know if they are saved or not. I just don't understand how you can say you follow Christ and then you don't believe in what he clearly teaches. I have been Christian since I was 7 years of age, and Christians can confuse me :scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch: more than the people who don't know Christ!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are taught that way - the Western world mostly is where you find these things, I'd imagine, though it may well prevail anywhere.

And that world is exactly where love is touted overmuch, and responsibility thrown out of the window.

Another problem is that most of us today don't care about listening to Christians who came before us. "The faith has changed" some say - even if Christians were saying the same things, from Paul to Spurgeon, about these important topics. Tradition (the right kind) is ignored and disrespected - we want everything explained to us, and we do not follow, "blindly" - and if we're not yet mature enough spiritually to get the whys, we won't listen.

Finally, well, things are just complicated. That's human nature. You can argue for anything if you find a man proficient at it, and to add to that most of us are more or less moulded from youth into thinking premarital sex is a small thing, and even to be expected, and so on.

Thank God that He granted you grace to know these things, and be careful not to be affected too much by these things - whether by pride (because of your better spiritual condition), or anger (at the way things are)

Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Alexandros,
It is NOT pride hun that is speaking. It is a REVEREANCE and RESPECT for the Lord. Although God is Love, I respect him to know that he means business when it comes to his word. It is that fear that constantly keeps me at my knees repenting and yearning to be close to him. I wish I could make up my own rules, but it is not the Bible according to TIMAHANI lol! It just scares me to not think that God will be faithful and will bless, but also punish according to his word. Thanks for your comment.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those seem like common stuff people do and in the long run A person can not live like that without developing a behavioralpattern. That pattern is not healthy or loving. It is the worldly pattern, the flesh. God so loved the world that He gave His only son Yes but that was so the world could become saved through Him and enter heaven later. God does not want the worldly behaviour in heaven. When I was in my teens I did not have an outbreak of immorality but still something strange happened, I painted every day, as well as prayed and read my bible. I started to feel the colours. I could shut my eyes and know exactly what color it was simply by placing my hand on a color. I ment no harm. Someone would have said it was a gift but mom strictly forbid me to do it. She said it was not from God. So I quit and have no idea if it works anymore and I will not try. I will try not to tempt God. I think Your cousin doesn't know how serious it is. If we are far away from God we risk breaking up the relationship with Him with other stuff in life. He invite those He knows I suppose. We also risk getting into trouble and being a bad rolemodel.

Reactions: Timahani
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes it's confusing because they aren't sheep, but goats.
Sheep often also find the turf of grass greener on the other side of the fence, and look kind of funny trying to get it. Sometimes they get hurt when they try to get it, almost entangeled hungry sheepensnaring plants that can seriously damage the sheep. Straying away too far can be dangerous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Everyone!

When I am reading some of these posts it really takes me back to some instances that I had with "Christian people". Like one of my cousins was trying to be a preacher. He struggled with addiction, but he is now rehabilitated and we got into a small debate and he said that he thought it was okay if :

The pastor smokes _ _ _ _ and if the pastor drinks with his congregation. Also he doesn't feel like premarital relations is a sin and that you can still go to heaven when you participate in these sinful acts (when you KNOW Gods word).

I don't want to focus on my cousin. However, I see this trend happening more and more. Where people are claiming Christianity and then they turn around and they agree with:

same sex marriage, premarital relationships, immodesty,
drugs, drinking, and many of them will state that it is okay. God love's you.

I understand that no one is perfect , and man is sinful. But I take the word of God SERIOUSLY! I feel like if I lie, and say God said it was okay to do something and it was NOT, this is a great sin. My point being:

Do you think this is another form of Confusion for non-Christians?

Is this turning people away from the message of Jesus Christ?

Is it a huge sin to teach others that this is Gods will when it clearly is not?

Why do people do this?

I think when you are a Christian and you know better and you believe those things that are against the will of God, I think (speaking to myself) that is the fastest way to get you into hell. Because by claiming Christ with your lips you are dishonoring him with your behavior. hmm , I don't know. I don't play with God like that.

*This thread is addressing saved and sanctified Christian people. I am not talking about people who are in the world and who do NOT know Christ.

The only way to avoid heaven is to hate Gods Holy Spirit, with knowledge and conviction.
All other sins are forgiven.

Upvote 0