Do Scientists agree that you can Restore yourself through God's Promises?

Al Gammate

Jun 20, 2013
United States
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Interestingly, modern scientists have discovered that we're not completely slaves to our genetic make up.

In earlier times, many scientists believed that genes predetermined the biology, psychology, and environment of each and every person, thereby eliminating free will. Humans were viewed as preprogrammed robots. Victims of genetic fatalism.

Nevertheless, modern scientists have found that genetic expression can be significantly altered by changes in the environment, behavior, or beliefs of a person. The study of genetic expression being influenced by environment, behavior, or beliefs is called epigenetics. Epigenetics is important, in that it puts each and every person in the driver's seat of life. Humans no longer have to live as preprogrammed robots, since they can reprogram their genes by changing their environment, behavior, or thoughts.

What does epigenetics have to do with Christianity? Lots. The Bible contains a lot of God's promises to us humans. And since beliefs affect genetic expression, changing our focus from our own miserable thoughts to God's promises will produce changes in our genetic expression.

Are you sick, broke, or mentally unbalanced? You can change this by focusing on God's promises, thereby changing your genetic expression for the better.

If you're sick, you can restore yourself to health by reading the following God-given promise (1 Peter 2:24) several times a day, every day: "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

If you're broke, you can restore yourself to wealth by reading the following God-given promise (2 Corinthians 8:9) several times a day, every day: "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."

If you're mentally unbalanced, you can restore yourself to balance by reading the following God-given promise (2 Timothy 1:7) several times a day, every day: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

If you have so many things wrong with you that you don't know where to start, you can read the following (Philippians 4:13) several times a day, every day: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

So you see, you can genetically hard-wire yourself to be healthy, wealthy, and mentally balanced by reprogramming your genes through God's promises. Is that great news or what? You no longer have to live the meager, subhuman, miserable life that you're living. You can do something about it.

A word of caution though. If you have a serious condition (e.g., cancer, heart disease, schizophrenia, ignorance, etc.), you need to address the condition properly by also enrolling the help of a physician, psychiatrist, university, etc. A little common sense goes a long way.

I have outlined a success plan that anyone can use to improve their life. If anyone has used a success plan similar to this, please provide testimonials. Even if you used a success plan much different from this one, I would be very interested in hearing from you. If you strongly disagree with my success plan, please state your case, so that others can have a lively discussion with you.

Last edited:
If you're sick, you can restore yourself to health by reading the following God-given promise (1 Peter 2:24) several times a day, every day: "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

I don't think He was talking physcially....it is more of a spiritual nature.

If you're broke, you can restore yourself to wealth by reading the following God-given promise (2 Corinthians 8:9) several times a day, every day: "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."

Once again, he is not talking physically here....

So you see, you can genetically hard-wire yourself to be healthy, wealthy, and mentally balanced by reprogramming your genes through God's promises. Is that great news or what? You no longer have to live the meager, subhuman, miserable life that you're living. You can do something about it.

God knows ur heart...

A word of caution though. If you have a serious condition (e.g., cancer, heart disease, schizophrenia, ignorance, etc.), you need to address the condition properly by also enrolling the help of a physician, psychiatrist, university, etc. A little common sense goes a long way.

/quote]

Where is ur faith?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Once again, he is not talking physically here....

God knows ur heart...

/quote]

Where is ur faith?

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

I don't think you realize how many times these promises occurred in the Bible,so twist one and there are more.
Wheres your faith,you refute any positive message posted.
But no thanks do not teach in a congressional forum unless your a member.

Upvote 0

Al Gammate

Jun 20, 2013
United States
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello Sasquatchit,

I agree with you that God can restore us to health and wealth spiritually. Nevertheless, while reading the Bible, I noticed that the spiritual is reflected in the physical. That what happens in the spiritual realm affects the physical realm.

The following examples show the connection between spiritual healing and physical healing:

Jesus Heals Many Sick at Evening, Matthew 8:16-17 (NIV): "When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: 'He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.'"

Jesus Heals a Paralytic, Matthew 9:1-2 (NIV): "Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, 'Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.'"

Jesus Heals a Man Unable to Speak, Matthew 9:32-33 (NIV): "While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus. And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, 'Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.'"

Jesus Heals an Invalid at Bethesda, John 5:14-15 (NIV): "Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, 'See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.' The man went away and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had made him well."

Jesus Heals a Boy with a Demon, Matthew 17:14-18 (NIV): "When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 'Lord, have mercy on my son,' he said. 'He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.'

'You unbelieving and perverse generation,' Jesus replied, 'how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.' Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment."

Jesus Heals a Blind, Mute Demoniac; Matthew 12:22-23 (NIV): "Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, 'Could this be the Son of David?'"

Jesus Heals a Crippled Woman, Luke 13:15-16 (NIV): "The Lord answered him, 'You hypocrites! Doesn't each of you on the Sabbath untie your ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water? Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?'"

When the Bible talks about wealth, is it only referring to spiritual wealth, and not physical wealth? Well, let's see:

Jesus Turns Water into Wine, John 2:8-10 (NIV): "Then he told them, 'Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.'

They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, 'Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.'"

First Miraculous Catch of Fish, Luke 5:5-7 (NIV): "Simon answered, 'Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.'

When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink."

Jesus Feeds 5,000, Matthew 14:19-21 (NIV): "And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children."

Jesus Feeds 4,000, Matthew 15:35-39 (NIV): "He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children. After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan."

Miraculous Temple Tax in a Fish's Mouth, Matthew 17:27 (NIV): "'But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.'"

Second Miraculous Catch of Fish, John 21:4-6 (NIV): "Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

He called out to them, 'Friends, haven't you any fish?'

'No,' they answered.

He said, 'Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.' When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish."

So you see, God not only wants His people to have spiritual wealth, but physical wealth as well. You may be saying right about now: "My pastor taught me that wealthy people are evil, that having money is evil, and that only poor people go to heaven. I remember reading a Bible verse stating that money is the root of all evil. Ain't it so?"

The favorite Bible verse of poverty-stricken, uninformed, amateur Christians is 1 Timothy 6:10 (VOICE): "For the love of money—and what it can buy—is the root of all sorts of evil. Some already have wandered away from the true faith because they craved what it had to offer; but when reaching for the prize, they found their hands and hearts pierced with many sorrows."

What this Bible verse means is that money in and of itself isn't evil. That, instead, your LOVE for money is what's evil, if that love exceeds your love for God, causing you to turn your back on God and the true faith. So if you're on welfare and food stamps to please God, it's time to say farewell to welfare, get off the public dole, and be a productive member of society.

In conclusion: Let's all be aware that not only does God want His people to be spiritually healthy and wealthy, He also wants them to be physically healthy and wealthy. We must remember that the spiritual realm and the physical realm are intimately connected.

If you've been healed spiritually in the areas of health and wealth, then you've also been healed physically in these same areas. In fact, whenever a healing takes place, it first occurs spiritually, then it manifests itself physically.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith

According to your faith, it will be done unto you.... so, since you have decided to limit this to spiritual healing only, that's all it can possibly mean to you.

This is based on seedtime and harvest which is the underlying operation system of the entire Kingdom of God.

If you ever get sick and the doctors cannot help you which is frequently the case... please remember that the Lord placed physical ailments upon Jesus so He could purchase health for you when Jesus was resurrected, and if you continue to limit God to only being able to heal spiritually... then that's all you'll be able to receive from Him.

This does nothing to heal the physical body, so hopefully you never get anything the doctors (arm of the flesh) cannot take care of, cause if yolu do... you'll be leaving earth before having had opportunity to live a long life which is God's will for ALL of His peoples.

Upvote 0

Al Gammate

Jun 20, 2013
United States
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't give a hoot about what science says, I have a good feeling about God in my heart,
he kinda gives me all the answers

Hello ace4,

I agree with you that it isn't necessary to know how things work scientifically. If you know how things work practically, that is usually good enough. For example, most of us don't know the science behind electricity. But we use it every day in a practical manner: to cook our food, to refrigerate or freeze our food, to adjust the temperature in our home, to turn on the lights in our home, to turn on our computer, and to start our car.

Nevertheless, I believe that knowing science can be a good thing, especially when used to debate atheists. Many atheists will deliberately twist or distort science to prove their point. And if a Christian doesn't have a good understanding of science, he can be easily duped.

Let me illustrate this by providing the following example:

Since the discovery that we live in an ever-expanding universe, many physicists believe in the Big Bang theory. The Big Bang theory states that all energy, matter, time, and space came from a very small point of singularity. Then for no reason that we can understand, this singularity exploded and eventually produced reality as we know it.

Atheists didn't like the Big Bang theory, since it implied that reality had a sudden beginning. This strongly supported the idea that God created reality.

Another vexing problem for atheists was the question, "How did something come from nothing?" This very question itself supports the idea that God created reality. If there was initially nothing, then something couldn't just have magically popped out on its own.

Some atheists attempt to get around this question by misdefining "nothing" as quantum foam or background energy. They claim that this quantum foam or background energy that was floating around caused the Big Bang. Apparently, the quantum foam or background energy was floating around in some sort of space. And time needed to elapse for the quantum foam or background energy to cause the Big Bang.

But wait a minute! Weren't all energy and matter, including quantum foam and background energy, supposed to be contained within the initial point of singularity that preceded the Big Bang? Wasn't the space that the quantum foam was floating around in also supposed to be contained within the initial point of singularity? What about the elapsing time that it took for the quantum foam to cause the Big Bang? Wasn't time itself supposed to be contained within the point of singularity? Do you see the circular reasoning here?

Deliberately misdefining things and circular reasoning are tricks that some atheists use on Christians during debates. Without having good scientific knowledge, Christians can fall prey to these tricks.

If we define "nothing" as really being nothing, then something couldn't have possibly come out of nothing on its own. It had to be created by someone outside of time and space, someone who is extraordinarily powerful and intelligent.

Upvote 0