Do pets & animals go to heaven & do they have souls?

What do you think?

• They Have Souls

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • They Do Not Have Souls

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi brother in Christ, i would like to show you what the Bible says on this topic; Ecclesiastes 3: 19 - 21 says that the fate of a man and that of the animal is the same - As one dies so does the other... all have the same breath. Man has no advantage over the animal. All go to the same place; all come from dust , and to dust they return. Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the the spirit of the animal goes into the earth?

Since animals do not sin as man does i think that their spirits rise to heaven when they die. Since man requires salvation it is only when we reach to the judgement day that we shall know who has made it to heaven and who did not. However recognizing a former pet might be hard because these animals will not be wearing the same body.
If you read verse 21 it suggest other wise though that man is not the same as beast. We can also look at revelations 20-21 or whatever And understand that animals maybe will be on earth for the 1,000 year reign but will not be in heaven since they are not mentioned as being there. Everyone has their own opinions on this though and I appreciate your reply though. Also I feel it's not a good argument to make that because animals lack the rational mind humans have and thus can't sin they are perfect. They are just too Simple minded to sin to be blunt about it tbh. They are set to do a task and that's it. I didn't say that to hate animals I like them a lot but I just said it like that to make it clear. They were used as sacrifices and we consume them for a reason, if they had souls and were the equal of us we wouldn't do so. Tbh would also be awkward to see that chicken you ate in heaven lowkey though. I feel your last sentence is a strech cause the Bible only mentions humans taking off corruptible and putting on incorruptible but nothing on animals in that matter. Animals have the breath of life like man but lack a soul. You don't have to ageee with me but that's my take on it. Heaven is 1,500 square miles or so and it's hard to see all the animals fitting up there also. Also if animals are up there bacteria and bugs have to be as well since those are also organisms. Tbh though why do we even discuss this though? Who cares if dogs or whatever are up there are not? The main thing we should be thankful for is that we have a chance to be saved and be in heaven!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi brother in Christ, i would like to show you what the Bible says on this topic; Ecclesiastes 3: 19 - 21 says that the fate of a man and that of the animal is the same - As one dies so does the other... all have the same breath. Man has no advantage over the animal. All go to the same place; all come from dust , and to dust they return. Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the the spirit of the animal goes into the earth?

Since animals do not sin as man does i think that their spirits rise to heaven when they die. Since man requires salvation it is only when we reach to the judgement day that we shall know who has made it to heaven and who did not. However recognizing a former pet might be hard because these animals will not be wearing the same body.
People who quote Ecclesiastes need to understand that many of the sayings in it are humanist arguments and not spiritual. It does this to show the futility of following worldly/fleshy ideas as opposed to Godly ones.

Ecclesiastes 1:2
“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

Do you really think God wants us to think that everything is meaningless? This is not what scripture teaches, it is a worldly saying.

Now look at the conclusion in the last two verses of the book to see good advice for the spirit.

Ecclesiastes 12:
Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the duty of all mankind.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You think you know Hebrew better than the KJV translators and every other translation of the Bible that uses different English words in different places in their translations where yalad was used.

No, I think you're greatly misunderstanding what a translation is.

My proposition is that animals do not bring forth a soul.

And your supporting evidence is what? According to scripture they are a nephesh/soul by very use of the word "chay nephesh" the same as Adam who became a "chay nephesh": and they have nephesh/soul e.g. Job 12:10.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I think you're greatly misunderstanding what a translation is.
Your version of a translation is that every word in one language gets changed to one word in another language. You have no recognition of homographs, words that have more than one meaning. Your translation sounds like the cheap electronic translator of the 1980's.

You think the begetting of the Son of God by the Father in Psalm 2:7 is the same as a calf being born, Leviticus 22:27.
Are your really that legalistic in your assessment of language in God's word?
And your supporting evidence is what? According to scripture they are a nephesh/soul by very use of the word "chay nephesh" the same as Adam who became a "chay nephesh": and they have nephesh/soul e.g. Job 12:10.
As already posted, the old Hebrew language did not even have a word that means what we now call a soul. But, that does stop you from conflating a bunch of words and then saying soul.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you think one is called alive by Jesus, even though their physical body is dead? Obviously there is something outside of their physical body that is still associated with their name such that they continue to live. The NT raises the awareness of a spiritual world and the earthly world, Ephesians 6:12. It should be clear from Jesus' words and others that the part of us that is spiritual is our soul. It lives forever.

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mark 8:36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

Revelation 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

It's not obvious that there is some part that lives on after the death of the body. That idea is brought to the text. That is the Platonic influence that expos4ever was talking about.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word soul in the Bible is used two ways. It is used concretely of a living being and it is used abstractly of life. It is often translated life. One misunderstanding is when the word is used metaphorically of emotions or will. Some will claim that the soul is the seat of emotions or will, however, that is just a metaphorical usage. We also see that body parts are used this same what. Jeremiah said,

27 Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! (Job 19:27 NKJ)

We know the muscle in the chest that pumps blood doesn't literally yearn. Yearning is an emotion. Jeremiah's statement is a metaphor. There are plenty of passages like this in the Scriptures. I don't know of anyone who argues that the heart is the seat of the emotions and the will. Likewise the soul yearing is a metaphor.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The parable about Lazarus and the rich man is actually a parable directed at the Priesthood. Take note that in the context of the passage Jesus is addressing the Pharisees. If one takes note of the details we find that, the rich man, Lazarus, and Abraham, all have bodies. However, it is supposed that this event took place after they died and left their bodies. Also take note that the rich man is a Jew. Also note that the rich man had five brothers. Levi, the priesthood were Levites, had five brothers. Note that the rich man was dressed in purple and fine linen. The priests wore purple and fine linen. This parable is about the end of the priesthood.

The passage about Samuel has been mentioned. However this passage doesn't used either the word spirit or soul. The witch at Endor saw gods coming up out of the earth. It seems that what the woman saw was a demon. Saul sought a woman with a familiar spirit and 1 Chronicles says that Saul died for seeking a familiar spirit.

13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it; (1 Chr. 10:13 KJV)

Saul sought a demon, so this passage cannot be used to prove an intermediate state between death and the resurrection.

Upvote 0

Angelfire70

Mar 11, 2016
California
✟17,184.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Also you can get into then what about the rest of the animals that aren't pets? Do they get into heaven? If not why?

Dear Nothing is Impossible,
Very interesting comments, I enjoyed reading your post.

In Isaiah 11:6 the Bible clearly states that the lion will lay down with the lamb, and goes on to discuss the peaceable relationship of other animals in the kingdom of the Messiah. So animals will have some part to play in the kingdom. Looking forward to seeing that! ❤️

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It always amazes me how people speak on these subjects with such absolute certainty. Who knows what the new heaven and new earth will look like? We can guess but at the end of the day that's all it is: a guess. Just pray you're worthy to see it for yourself.

Revelation 21:4 promises the believer a world devoid of suffering and death. The majesty of that existence is simply beyond our comprehension. I don't see any reason to say that anything is impossible after Christ comes again.

What is your view on these articles? same as this thread?

Will There Be Seasons and Varying Weather on the New Earth? - Blog - Eternal Perspective Ministries

In Heaven, Can There Be Thrills without Risk? - Blog - Eternal Perspective Ministries

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The answer is no. Though most people because of their love for their pet hate it is that way and stay in denial. Which is fine I guess, but me, I have accepted I will not see my past cats in heaven. Is it fair? Well, it doens't really matter because once in heaven we won't be thinking about our past pets.

What of the horses in Revelation? Symbols-or animal like angels?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It always amazes me how people speak on these subjects with such absolute certainty. Who knows what the new heaven and new earth will look like? We can guess but at the end of the day that's all it is: a guess. Just pray you're worthy to see it for yourself.

Revelation 21:4 promises the believer a world devoid of suffering and death. The majesty of that existence is simply beyond our comprehension. I don't see any reason to say that anything is impossible after Christ comes again.

Do you believe this is the most mysterious part of the bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got a question. If people believe their pets are in heaven simply because they have such a strong connection to them, does that mean anyone who you have a strong connection to also is in heaven, even if not christian? Nope. The problem with us is we are weak and grow strong connections to our animals so we can't fathom or accept they won't be in heaven.

I kind of look at this subject like how a atheist looks at God. A atheist just cannot accept God exists because its to much to handle. Likewise we cannot accept our pets aren't in heaven because we cannot accept it and its to much to handle. There is really no reason for pets to be in heaven. We won't need them once there and won't think anything of them. After all to many almost make their pet an idol as it is. God wouldn't want us to make them an idol in heaven too.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got a question. If people believe their pets are in heaven simply because they have such a strong connection to them, does that mean anyone who you have a strong connection to also is in heaven, even if not christian? Nope. The problem with us is we are weak and grow strong connections to our animals so we can't fathom or accept they won't be in heaven.

I kind of look at this subject like how a atheist looks at God. A atheist just cannot accept God exists because its to much to handle. Likewise we cannot accept our pets aren't in heaven because we cannot accept it and its to much to handle. There is really no reason for pets to be in heaven. We won't need them once there and won't think anything of them. After all to many almost make their pet an idol as it is. God wouldn't want us to make them an idol in heaven too.

but you think such things and I know such things. that is the difference.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know animals are not heavenly hosts, or guests, or saints, or needed. They can not stand in the presence of God and their love and companionship as pet owners sees it would be so miniscule that it would be an insult in heaven.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nh, you think such things. I actually know such things because the bible says so.

The bible says nothing about that your pet will not be in heaven. But the bible does speaks about there being animals in heaven, and a pet is normally seen as an animal. Don't you think God is so great that He loves all of His creation and will make place for all of it when there is a new heaven and earth? Animals don't have free will either, but they can sense the presence of spiritual beings, same way I am sure of they can sense God's presence too.

I understand you worry about people idolizing their pets, although most of the time pets are loved much of the same as when parents loves children. Do you see the love of parents towards their children as idolizing too? Of course most humans wishes to see their loved ones again in heaven, same way as when one wishes for seeing more people getting saved. This doesn't mean people will be idolizing their spouses, children or pets once they get to heaven, those who loves God. We will know who everyone are, yet all will be worshipping God.

Upvote 0