Do pets & animals go to heaven & do they have souls?

What do you think?

• They Have Souls

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • They Do Not Have Souls

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer is no. Though most people because of their love for their pet hate it is that way and stay in denial. Which is fine I guess, but me, I have accepted I will not see my past cats in heaven. Is it fair? Well, it doens't really matter because once in heaven we won't be thinking about our past pets.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
no, and those who believe so will tell you straight up it's based off emotionalism. I have a saved friend who's an evangelical/pentecostal similar to my faith, but he used to believe this

But the reason he believed...like anyone else... was cause of emotionalism, he had fish and they all died and he would bury them (Ik weird but he was younger when he did this, a kid essentially), and he has a love for animals.

And besides... i don't want lions and stuff up there anyway or snakes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that they do. In scripture, animals are actually called "chay nephesh" "living creatures/souls" and have/are a "nephesh/soul" and also have a "ruach/spirit/breath" of life in them just like we do.

I look forward to seeing my old pal Obi one day, and no one can dash my hope.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You will see your pets in heaven.

I'd like to hear the reasons people say no without a shadow of doubt. You think God's hand is limited? Why couldn't he resurrect old pets for his children?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Heaven will have everything you want it to have there. You want your fish there? There it will be. Want a star trek character there? there it will be... Dont want Lion and snakes there? You wont see any. Dont want some of the angry posters in these threads there? You wont see them....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our pets will be there because of our love for them and the resurrection power of God that is in us. Just like we keep them alive here. Even there will be parks we can go to in Heaven to see different animals that have been here on the Earth in the past. So we can go to a dinosaur park and see dinosaurs. Only they will not devour each other, they will be the way God intended for them to be.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not sure why this question is here though... its never taken seriously tbh. I took it seriously though just incase you are serious about this question.. but yeah.

Im taking this serious as well. Think about all the different types of people there are on earth. One single place cant be heaven for everyone.....unless everyone made it themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I think most people will be wise enough to leave poo out of their heaven, once they find out they can.
A poo-less Heaven Imagine! :)
sorry if that offends, will delete if necessary....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A poo-less Heaven Imagine! :)
sorry if that offends, will delete if necessary....
Dont worry about it.....We've all denied ourselves long ago.....there is no one to offend...... and if not, a few month in purgatory should make up for it.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I'd say no because humans are special. We were given souls, we worship God. Pets just like a planet or a rock or a water drop are temporal things. Here for our pleasure in this life. Once we are in heaven there will be no need for these temporal things because we will be happy already. In heaven there is no fear, depression, sadness...etc. Hence no pets will be needed.

As someone else said its our emotional tie to pets that makes us refuse to accept they won't be in heaven. Sort of like shock after a tragic event happens. Many stay in denial for a long time. Lets face it, the cat I spent 20 years with and loved with my whole heart, its to hard to accept I won't see them again. But its a reality I must face and have accepted.

The worry I have in these kind of topics is how many essentially make their pet an idol. And then how many say essentially God isn't loving if their pet isn't there. In heaven we are there to worship God, not our pets, not even our family/spouse.

The truth is that there is no clear answer either way about animals in heaven. Or at least in the case of pets. So we won't know until we get there. As much as I loved my cat, I'd gladly never see her again if it meant I could see Jesus instead. Anyways Jesus died on a cross for humans sin, not pets or anything else. But to each their own, I do realize people have a hard time accepting they won't see their pets again, but if it comforts them in thinking they will. Then thats ok. Whatever makes you feel happy.

Though obviously the second we die and see heaven, we won't say "I don't see my pet!" because we won't have that kind of emotion to think about. In other words we won't even be caring about a pet because it will no longer be important as on earth it was just an emotional attachment.

---edit---
I do remember when both of my cats died last year everyone sent me poems and pictures about the "rainbow bridge" and while they meant well, it was sort of offensive at the same time. Having accepted I won't see them again, having someone tell me I will just made me upset. I am not one to live in denial. Also you can get into then what about the rest of the animals that aren't pets? Do they get into heaven? If not why?

Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0