Do People Believe Homosexuality Still Abomination To God?

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So you haven't ever been to a bar or a fraternity house or a Super Bowl party or... where people celebrate drinking?

What about adultery and/or inappropriate content, where non-Biblical sex is extolled? (Remember, one of the Ten Commandments mentions adultery, whereas homosexuality is not mentioned)

Also, don't forget that God destroyed all life on Earth except for Noah and his family and the animals (including birds and reptiles). There were many heterosexuals that God destroyed along with the rest of sinful humanity.

Why are you and others so obsessed with one single sin that is not as important as many other sins such as idolatry (the first "do not..." sin), murder, theft, lying, and others? These are all mentioned in the Ten Commandments, whereas homosexuality is not.

Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, not even once!

Interestingly, Jesus condemned divorce and remarriage as being adultery. Today, there is hardly a church that does not have divorced and remarried members. Are they adulterers as per Jesus, or is their lifestyle somehow more blessed than that of other sinners?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let me ask you 2 questions:

Why are so eager in defending this sin.

To what conclusion do you come in contemplation of what the essential act of gay sex is all about?

Are you asking me? If not, then please quote the poster who you are addressing.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But there is nothing in the Ten Commandments about homosexuality, the subject of this thread. So your post, while interesting, is off-topic.
Yet it is a sin like others. And this sin though not mention in the Ten commandment carried the punishment of death. And it is mentioned in Romans 2 along with other sins as still being worthy of death.

Upvote 0
May 24, 2020
Bavaria
✟9,421.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Interestingly, Jesus condemned divorce and remarriage as being adultery. Today, there is hardly a church that does not have divorced and remarried members. Are they adulterers as per Jesus, or is their lifestyle somehow more blessed than that of other sinners?
This is another issue, for this thread is about homosexuality being an abominable sin. Btw, it is indeed scandalous of those churches accepting divorced and remarried members.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What does the God of the creation think about homosexuality? He is very clear on identifying the act of homosexuality as a sin. If an individual sows iniquity, they will reap corruption. Those of us that believe and know the Truth are not careful to say…“There is a pestilence in the land because of ‘homosexual’ activity.”

There has been an increase in the acceptance of homosexuality in our country as indicated by the figures collected by the U.S. Census.
NOV. 19, 2019 — For the first time, the U.S. Census Bureau released estimates of same-sex couples in its annual America’s Families and Living Arrangements tables package. According to estimates from the 2019 Current Population Survey Annual Social and Economic Supplement (CPS ASEC), there are 543,000 same-sex married couple households and 469,000 households with same-sex unmarried partners living together. This compares to 61.4 million opposite-sex married and 8 million opposite-sex unmarried partner households. In addition, 191,000 children live with same-sex parents.

The focus on same-sex couples reflects growing family diversity in the United States, which also includes unmarried partners living together. Among adults ages 18 and over, 18.5 million (7%) are living together, up from 14.2 million (6%) in 2009. Cohabiting couples also compose a larger share of all coupled households now, accounting for 12% of coupled households compared to 10% in 2009.

Even though the masses may accept this, do we believe the Most High God is accepting this?

There are a multitude of sins in society and I do not understand this pre-occupation with homosexuality.

You cannot serve God and mammon.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I will. Why are you defending this sin if you are.

I am not. I am merely attempting to gain a bit a perspective on it. Out of curiosity, why are there no threads here about the abominable sin of adultery which also carries a death penalty?

• Friendly
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not. I am merely attempting to gain a bit a perspective on it. Out of curiosity, why are there no threads here about the abominable sin of adultery which also carries a death penalty?
Those sins have not become controversial.
I don't think many dispute those sins.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are a multitude of sins in society and I do not understand this pre-occupation with homosexuality.

You cannot serve God and mammon.
Becomes is has become excepted in a lot of churches which claim our Christ as their Savior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Those sins have not become controversial.
I don't think many dispute those sins.

Actually, society, including virtually the entire church, has embraced adultery in the form of divorce and remarriage, no longer viewing it as the sin which Jesus clearly condemned.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, society, including virtually the entire church, has embraced adultery in the form of divorce and remarriage, no longer viewing it as the sin which Jesus clearly condemned.
Not around my neck of the woods.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course do I believe that homosexuality is an abominable sin. Back in those times, people of all nations had sinned, but the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah had SEVERELY sinned against the Lord. Btw, if putting the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] into the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] where that dirty [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] comes out is no first-degree swinishness, what else is?

However, Christians have been so passive in resisting the ongoing glorification of the abominable sodomite sin, that the freemasonized and illuminatized Global Agenda had been able to erect a dictatorship of homos, where everyone who says anything against them gets muzzled. Who do they think they are?

Christians should have been taking action, for example with sitting blockades where those parades of filth were appointed to be held just like nuclear opponents do.

Therefore, Christians of all nations unite against a global homo dictatorship!

I'm convinced that COVID-19 is just the beginning of the wrath of God because of the end time condition of the days of Noah and of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I agree, christian suppose to stand up and fight for righteousness. But like you said, the wrath of God is on it way. Paul say in Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

You would think by faith people would change and stop wilful sinning, if they really believe the wrath of God is coming. But Jesus says in Matthew 24: 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. According to this, it looks like the world have chose the wrath of God.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Take every sin listed in the book of Romans where some group circles the wagons around it and defends that sin like it is the greatest gift - and you will find "discussion about it" -- every time.

Except, of course, Gluttony.
There is no sin more celebrated in western society with circled wagons than gluttony.

We are forced to see advertising everywhere to “supersize your meal” “extra large” helpings on every menu.. forced to watch sinful, obese gluttons stuffing their faces in public, celebrating and flaunting their sin of gluttony, even in front of children! Giant spaghetti feeds promoted “as the greatest gift”... at churches!

Where’s the righteous outcry?
Where are the sit ins?
There are none.
The disgusting, vile sin of stuffing your face is celebrated, accepted, promoted and participated in astronomically greater amount than any other, including homosexuality.
Even Christians by the millions think they don’t have to repent of their disgusting, vile, sinful gluttonous behavior In order to be saved.
They are dead wrong.
But No one cares.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuals are a very, very small section of society. You have bigger fish to fry.
But to the point. Acceptance is now in the majority. That is also a problem.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Except, of course, Gluttony.
There is no sin more celebrated in western society with circled wagons than gluttony.

Certainly that is a bad one - but aside from advertisements about "hey we sell something tasty" where is this "you need to eat wayyy too much of this" group claiming that their feelings will be hurt if you don't support the idea of people eating wayy too much and encourage your kids to do it too if they want. As if "any effort to speak negatively about eating wayyy too much will get you banned from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube".

In fact all sorts of diet and health channels out there - videos by the truckload.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly, Jesus condemned divorce and remarriage as being adultery.

True - Except in the case of adultery.

However what does that have to do with this thread? Is God limited to still believing "only one" of His statements about right and wrong? Is it ok for Him to still believe "Two or more" of His Commands?

Upvote 0