Do people actually like Palin in the real world?

Do you actually like Palin?

• Yes, I actually like Palin

• No, I don't like Palin, just like literally every single human being the OP has ever met

Results are only viewable after voting.

draper

Perspicacious Poster
Jul 5, 2003
Toronto, Canada
✟20,634.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
CA-Others
Being from Canada, I don't ever meet people who actually like Sen. McCain -- so the issue of whether or not people like Gov. Palin has never really come into play.

So, I guess I was just wondering: do people actually, seriously, honestly, like that woman in the real world? :confused: Anywhere? Because they certainly don't in my part of the world.

Just edited to add that I am not being facetious. I've just never met a person that actually like Palin or saw anything redeeming about her, so I was wondering if they actually existed somewhere.

B

Braunwyn

I don't like what she stands for and I generally don't like the characteristic "uninformed and unwilling to change it" in people. I realize the OP doesn't mean "like her as a person" but I just want to be clear since none of us actually know her to like her or not like her. OTOH, I doubt I could ever really care for someone that takes joy in killing due to moral issues though I can muster compassion.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She has an annoying voice and I find myself having to turn off the t.v. when I hear her speak. However, that has nothing to do with her as a person.

She seems nice enough. People who hate her are basing it on what exactly?

The fact that she's Pentecostal? I'm not fond of Pentecostalism either, but I was raised in it (same denom as Sarah), and even I know that most of them are nice folks who aren't about to take away people's rights and go on killing sprees.

The fact that she hunts? I don't hunt and have no desire to do so ever, but I don't have issues with those who do. (Actually, anyone who has issues with hunting had better be a vegetarian and border on living an almost completely vegan lifestyle or else they're being super hypocritical.)

The fact that she has kids and works? So do most people.

The fact that they don't like the way she dresses? She really does look more polished than most of the people I encounter on a daily basis- it just might not be your style. Don't hate.

The fact that people actually listen to others who make up stories about her banning books, etc.? Check out snopes if you're still drinking that kool-aid (and check out the stuff debunking all the crap floating around about Obama while you're at it).

The fact is, people love to be alarmist and hate what they don't understand. It's part of being a partisan hack that listens to mass media. You demonize the other group and pretend you have nothing in common with them, while attempting to take the moral high ground.

Trust me, you don't hate Sarah Palin, you just dislike her politics (if people even get far enough to figure out where she stands on the issues). Try to separate the two, eh? Don't be shallow. Truthfully, all of the candidates running for President and Vice-President seem like nice people who love their families, this country, and who really want what they think is best for this nation. I wish everyone would stop demonizing all of them. Why can't people vote based on the issues and pick the candidate they seem to overwhelmingly agree with on them?

In my case, that would be neither McCain nor Obama. Heck, like it's going to matter either way in the grand scheme of things. I'm afraid the kool-aid kiddies will be very disappointed when they wake up and figure out that it's all going to be business as usual and they actually believed everything a politician told them during an election.

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

Yeah I like her. And so do thousands of other Americans; she attracts big crowds across the country, but the lamestream media doesn't want you to know that.
Then you don't watch the news, do you? Every one of her rallies has been on CNN. And the more colorful characters that are attracted to her rallies are all over youtube lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Braunwyn

The fact that she hunts? I don't hunt and have no desire to do so ever, but I don't have issues with those who do. (Actually, anyone who has issues with hunting had better be a vegetarian and border on living an almost completely vegan lifestyle or else they're being super hypocritical.)
*waves* eta: although I don't equate the randome meat eater with a person that finds joy in killing.

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

Those animals are food. And hunters are trained to kill as quickly and humanely as possible.
I have yet to meet one hunter in the US that kills for necessity. If it's for survival, I take no issue with it. The majority kill for sport because they enjoy killing. This is nothing new. That's not to say that I'm going to try and stop them. But on a personal level, if I ask you (general you) "do you kill for sport/enjoy killing?" and you say 'no' then we're good as gold. If you say 'yes' then stay the heck a way from me.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
She has an annoying voice and I find myself having to turn off the t.v. when I hear her speak. However, that has nothing to do with her as a person.

She seems nice enough. People who hate her are basing it on what exactly?

The fact that she's Pentecostal? I'm not fond of Pentecostalism either, but I was raised in it (same denom as Sarah), and even I know that most of them are nice folks who aren't about to take away people's rights and go on killing sprees.

The fact that she has kids and works? So do most people.

The fact that they don't like the way she dresses? She really does look more polished than most of the people I encounter on a daily basis- it just might not be your style. Don't hate.

The fact that people actually listen to others who make up stories about her banning books, etc.? Check out snopes if you're still drinking that kool-aid (and check out the stuff debunking all the crap floating around about Obama while you're at it).

The fact is, people love to be alarmist and hate what they don't understand. It's part of being a partisan hack that listens to mass media. You demonize the other group and pretend you have nothing in common with them, while attempting to take the moral high ground.

Trust me, you don't hate Sarah Palin, you just dislike her politics (if people even get far enough to figure out where she stands on the issues). Try to separate the two, eh? Don't be shallow. Truthfully, all of the candidates running for President and Vice-President seem like nice people who love their families, this country, and who really want what they think is best for this nation. I wish everyone would stop demonizing all of them. Why can't people vote based on the issues and pick the candidate they seem to overwhelmingly agree with on them?

In my case, that would be neither McCain nor Obama. Heck, like it's going to matter either way in the grand scheme of things. I'm afraid the kool-aid kiddies will be very disappointed when they wake up and figure out that it's all going to be business as usual and they actually believed everything a politician told them during an election.

Perhaps I missed it in the OP, but I don't see where hate is mentioned. Rather she asks if you like or dislike Gov. Palin. And since none of us here (at least that I am aware of) personally know Gov. Palin, I think it goes without saying that the question is if you like her as a politician.

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

Some people get their rocks off over this, I cannot fathom it. I do not support it.

I don't find this to be something to smile about.
palin-hunting.jpg

And this doesn't look quick and painless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y90H8D9Hhz8

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I missed it in the OP, but I don't see where hate is mentioned. Rather she asks if you like or dislike Gov. Palin. And since none of us here (at least that I am aware of) personally know Gov. Palin, I think it goes without saying that the question is if you like her as a politician.

No, it doesn't go without saying. There are plenty of people who dislike her strongly based on every conceivable issue outside of politics, and if we're lucky, they'll dislike only her politics. People have strong opinions that extend to her as a person and I have personally heard people I know say things such as, "God, I can't stand her!" "She's awful!" "Could they have a found a more irksome individual to run for Vice-President?" When asked why, they never cite her politics first.

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

When asked why, they never cite her politics first.
That's a tough one since her politics are elusive. She is too uninformed to be the things she claims to be or that McCain claims (having foreign policy experience, or being an expert on energy). There's not a whole lot to discuss in the way of her politics. Plus her positions, by the sounds of her speech, are emotionally driven while lacking a clear message. That's the issue most folk take from what I can tell or at least those that actually enjoy discussing politics.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
No, it doesn't go without saying. There are plenty of people who dislike her strongly based on every conceivable issue outside of politics, and if we're lucky, they'll dislike only her politics. People have strong opinions that extend to her as a person and I have personally heard people I know say things such as, "God, I can't stand her!" "She's awful!" "Could they have a found a more irksome individual to run for Vice-President?" When asked why, they never cite her politics first.

You mean like some of the things people have said here about Obama?

My point is that the OP did not talk about hate, nor did anyone that posted before you. Braunwyn actually made a similar point to what you did while saying that she doesn't care for Gov. Palin's politics. So, to me, it seemed strange you went off on that particular rant.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You mean like some of the things people have said here about Obama?

My point is that the OP did not talk about hate, nor did anyone that posted before you. Braunwyn actually made a similar point to what you did while saying that she doesn't care for Gov. Palin's politics. So, to me, it seemed strange you went off on that particular rant.

Exactly like some of the things people have said about Obama. However, as most people I personally know are voting Democrat, I hear a lot more about Palin from them. Not strange at all. Why can't I respond to an OP making my own opinions known, be they similar to others, or not? Considering this thread is about Palin and not about Obama, it is not strange that I mostly concentrate on her and the obvious biases against her out there (one would have to be blind to see that outside of the Republican FoxNews station, she is generally disliked by the media). The woman hasn't really gotten a fair shake from the get go.

Also, I never once made the claim that anyone in this thread HATES Palin- believe me, it would be very obvious if I did infer it (I have no trouble speaking my mind)- like I obviously did talk about and bring up the whole hunting/vegetarian thing (as that is hypocrisy if one abhors hunting yet eats meat). I actually respect the fact that Braunwyn isn't a hypocrite on this issue, like a lot of people unfortunately are.

Were you trying to figure out if you were dealing with a closet Republican or something (I'm a Libertarian who is voting for Bob Barr if you care to know, though I don't know why you would)? Your entire posts and responses to me seem rather strange, to tell the truth. My posts have been perfectly on topic for the thread.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Exactly like some of the things people have said about Obama. However, as most people I personally know are voting Democrat, I hear a lot more about Palin from them. Not strange at all. Why can't I respond to an OP making my own opinions known, be they similar to others, or not? Considering this thread is about Palin and not about Obama, it is not strange that I mostly concentrate on her and the obvious biases against her out there (one would have to be blind to see that outside of the Republican FoxNews station, she is generally disliked by the media). The woman hasn't really gotten a fair shake from the get go.

Also, I never once made the claim that anyone in this thread HATES Palin- believe me, it would be very obvious if I did infer it (I have no trouble speaking my mind)- like I obviously did talk about and bring up the whole hunting/vegetarian thing (as that is hypocrisy if one abhors hunting yet eats meat). I actually respect the fact that Braunwyn isn't a hypocrite on this issue, like a lot of people unfortunately are.

Were you trying to figure out if you were dealing with a closet Republican or something (I'm a Libertarian who is voting for Bob Barr if you care to know, though I don't know why you would)? Your entire posts and responses to me seem rather strange, to tell the truth. My posts have been perfectly on topic for the thread.

Thanks for the explanation. I was just curious why you focused on "hate" in a thread that really hadn't mentioned hate at all. Thank you for clearing it up.

Upvote 0