Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 john...forgot the verse...but its do not love anything in the world or of the world.

So what does that imply? How technical? Does this mean the worldy ways of sin? Or literally everything? I have a cell phone...that's worldly...and I do like that I have information at my finger tips. I like to go to the movies..I like to decorate my home..(examples)

Am I taking this too literal? I mean when he says do not love ANYTHING in this world...kinda makes me feel this way.

it means the worldly ways of sin. worldly mindsets.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of the more geeky ones would get the latest for the slightly better specs - something you can 100% live without. Which is still wrong.

Some would justify that "wasteful" habit because their spending helps these companies stay in business and give people jobs.

Which is probably true.....But the habit is also contrary to the Lord's ways. And our Lord is telling us to invest in the poor, NOT in the rich.

Actually, no. He tells us to invest in His kingdom. But part of that means helping those in need, so you are right there.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the things God requires us to give up are the things that get int he way of us serving Him. that are unhelpful to us.

some things we enjoy and they ensnare us- we may need to give them up or limit them. other things we enjoy but they are not ensanring us and they may be helping our walk with God. the latter are not things we need to give up. God is th eone who tells us which things are a problem and which are not. listen to Him.

Upvote 0