Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
All Jesus is saying is dont be a hypocrite, judge yourself before going and judging someone else. We are to judge righteously, and ultimately its our Father God who is the judge, not us.

In the old testmament there is a whole book called...JUDGES. Lol. God actually did appoint people to go and judge his chosen ones that they follow his commandments. What went wrong was that everyone thought they were right in their own eyes not Gods eyes.

I agree...

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Or..as case might be..excommunication.
But if a person is repentent we shouldnt then shun them. Or go about falsely accusing people.without hearing them out thats why we have trials and appeals.

Thats why we even have judges in the first place to discrern what is right and wrong according to God.
Saying something is wrong is not judging another person For doing that. I would say judging is more like youve condemend them already. Our father is so forgiving to anyone who goes to Him. Thats why He sent Jesus to be our advocate. He was falsely accused. And then condemned, but good news ishe rose from the dead, so..satan who was the accuser of our Lord couldt keep him down. .

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I would say judging is more like youve condemend them already

Yes, when I say "Do not judge," what I really mean is that Christians should not CONDEMN each other

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The apostle paul said its not his business to judge the world, because its Gods job to judge the world. 1 Corinthians 5:12-13

Stop! Your mistaken.

Your using incorrect hermeneutics in applying the term "to Judge", within the context of discernment. The term to judge can have a dual usage purpose, one is to always be used to discern and to distinguish between what is good and what is evil and the other to condemn and to give sentencing.

Christians according to the Holy Bible can make judgement by discerning the times they are living in, by separating themselves from the bread of malice.

Lawsuits Among Believers

1If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? 2Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!

7The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

It is Paul writing those same words above which permitts the Church to judge according to the righteousness given to it to discern the times, to reject homosexuality, to reject whoremongering, to reject pedophilia, to reject a rapist, without involving a secatarian court when it comes to marriage, divorce, moraility, and child custody.

Paul calls the Christians who go to these secatariam courts as hypocrites that should not have gone down that path in the first place. Paul emphasizes the power of the Church community to even make decisions that are valid and enforcible.

A Church can enforce the rejection of anything that offends the Living God and that inclides homosexuals who continue to practise the sin and transgenders who try to defile God"s image.

The Bride of Christ is at war and if people are aiding and abetting the enemy of the cross, with the aim of doing away of the objective moral laws of God in favour of subjective human conscious that results from emotions and feelings, then that branch will be ripped out from the living vine by Jesus Christ himself.

Human subjective conscious that results in emotive feelings and decisions against God have nothing to do with God, for they have human origins. An autonomous law society is diametrically opposed to God and his laws and those who accept those laws in their heads and right arm, accept the mark of the beast over and above God.

As far as God is concerned it either is his way or the highway to hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stop! Your mistaken.

Your using incorrect hermeneutics in applying the term "to Judge", within the context of discernment. The term to judge can have a dual usage purpose, one is to always be used to discern and to distinguish between what is good and what is evil and the other to condemn and to give sentencing.

Christians according to the Holy Bible can make judgement by discerning the times they are living in, by separating themselves from the bread of malice.

Lawsuits Among Believers

1If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? 2Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!

7The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with mena 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

It is Paul writing those same words above which permitts the Church to judge according to the righteousness given to it to discern the times, to reject homosexuality, to reject whoremongering, to reject pedophilia, to reject a rapist, without involving a secatarian court when it comes to marriage, divorce, moraility, and child custody.

Paul calls the Christians who go to these secatariam courts as hypocrites that should not have gone down that path in the first place. Paul emphasizes the power of the Church community to even make decisions that are valid and enforcible.

A Church can enforce the rejection of anything that offends the Living God and that inclides homosexuals who continue to practise the sin and transgenders who try to defile God"s image.

The Bride of Christ is at war and if people are aiding and abetting the enemy of the cross, with the sim of doing away of the objective moral laws of God in favour of subjective human conscious that results from emotions and feelings, then that branch will be ripped out from the living vine by Jesus Christ himself.
The scripture is plain as day. You can debate the definition of Judgement if you wish, but the context is clear. God judges those outside the Church. The bride is not at war with unbelievers. The fight we fight is within the Church, not outside it. We can preach the good news, but we dont force it onto anyone.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The scripture is plain as day. You can debate the definition of Judgement if you wish, but the context is clear. God judges those outside the Church. The bride is not at war with unbelievers. The fight we fight is within the Church, not outside it. We can preach the good news, but we dont force it onto anyone.

The Church can enforce God's laws and reject anything that offends God. It is God's way or the highway to hell. You and the others who are outside of the Bride of Christ have a choice to make.

The bride is at war with unbelievers, because the unbelievers as scripture states in the last days are gathered as a pack of wolves against her to try and rape her with the filth of the world, by trying to enforce draconian legislation to accept homosexuals and to accept tranagenders and to accept every unrepentant fowl bird under the Sun.

Your oblivious to facts and are running on human emotions. Our emotions don't count for squat. Please get over it already!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church can enforce God's laws and reject anything that offends God. It is God's way or the highway to hell. You and the others who are outside of the Bride of Christ have a choice to make.

The bride is at war with unbelievers, because the unbelievers as scripture states in the last days are gathered as a pack of wolves against her to try and rape her with the filth of the world, by trying to enforce draconian legislation to accept homosexuals and to accept tranagenders and to accept every unrepentant fowl bird under the Sun.

Your oblivious to facts and are running on human emotions. Our emotions don't count for squat. Please get over it already!
You are making many assumptions about me, and you're wrong too. The fight is within the Church, not outside it. You go make war with people if you want, i'll put my hope in God to be the judge. Did the Lord fight against the Romans and Jews who fought against Him? Nope, because...Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You are making many assumptions about me, and you're wrong too. The fight is within the Church, not outside it. You go make war with people if you want, i'll put my hope in God to be the judge. Did the Lord fight against the Romans and Jews who fought against Him? Nope, because...Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

The enemy who are the barbarians are already within the church and behind the pulpits. The unbelievers are within the church. This is a wheat and tare scenario.

Yes, the Lord did fight against the Jews by sending the Romans to obliterate them in 70AD. Yes, the Lord did fight against the Romans by sending the Visigoths and the Vandils to burn Rome down. Yes, the Lord is said to fight against all nations, throughout the history of humanity.

I find no inconsistencies in how God deals with unrepentant unbelievers who are without and within the Church.

Unrepentant within the church are not counted as regenerated believers. The proclamation is to Believe, Repent and be Baptised in Jesus Christ. So, yes the unbelievers are within the church.

The poop e Francis said all are welcome within the church including athiests, well athiests are unbelievers.

So what has happened is a major breach, where the enemy is within and without the church because the leadership has been instrumental in apostasising the faith.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The enemy who are the barbarians are already within the church and behind the pulpits. The unbelievers are within the church. This is a wheat and tare scenario.

Yes, the Lord did fight against the Jews by sending the Romans to obliterate them in 70AD. Yes, the Lord did fight against the Romans by sending the Visigoths and the Vandils to burn Rome down. Yes, the Lord is said to fight against all nations, throughout the history of humanity.

I find no inconsistencies in how God deals with unrepentant unbelievers who are without and within the Church.

Unrepentant within the church are not counted as regenerated believers. The proclamation is to Believe, Repent and be Baptised in Jesus Christ. So, yes the unbelievers are within the church.

The poop e Francis said all are welcome within the church including athiests, well athiests are unbelievers.

So what has happened is a major breach, where the enemy is within and without the church because the leadership has been instrumental in apostasising the faith.
Everything you're saying here affirms what i already said. The fight is within the Church, and vengeance belongs to God.

• Agree
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Everything you're saying here affirms what i already said. The fight is within the Church, and vengeance belongs to God.

We can no longer be spectators, hence we must be conscientious objectors of the apostasy happening before our eyes.

Upvote 0

HowRU?

Dec 2, 2016
Houston
✟31,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So, what do you make of Paul in 1 Corinthians 5:12? - "It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning."
Right, those outside the church are, "judged already, because they have not believed in the name of God's only begotten son." (Jesus's words)
Notice the verse says, "who are sinning."? It has to do with a pattern of unrepentant sin, e.g. shacking up in fornication, using the Lord's name in vane, etc.

If this is someone you're close to, a friend of, have prayed for, then you should "judge" them by confronting them on the issue.

So, we judge actions, not the person.

We do not judge the person, because by the measure we use, it will be measured to us. Jesus warned about calling someone a fool, and said they are in danger of hell, because God's word says in the book of Proverbs that a fool is someone deserving of punishment.

Notice that Jesus warned about name calling. When you call some one a name, you are judging them, not only their actions.

Remember that righteous Job, after his wife suggested that he, "curse God and die", said to her, "You are speaking like a foolish woman." He didn't say, "You're a fool for saying that to me!" Her judged her actions (what she said), not her. Very important distinction.

This is also why being a member of a jury in court is ok, you're deciding about their actions, how they may have broken the law in the past, not whether or not "...the Thief" (for instance) will be added to their legal name. :)

Upvote 0