Do not judge lest you be judged goes too far

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
No one is justifying sin. I don't know where you are getting that. I am very sinful and I have never Justified it.
It sounded like you did when you said something to the effect of "I know judging others is a sin, but it´s hard not to do it.".
Maybe I misunderstood you, but then I don´t know what your question is.

Upvote 0

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I guess I wasn't understanding what you are trying to say.
Ok.
What is judgement? Is it really judgmental to get angry at people when they hurt another human being?
Well, being angry results in e.g. saying "I am angry at him.".
Acting upon your anger results in e.g. slapping them in the face.
Judgement results in saying something like "This is a bad person."
So no, totally different things. Imo, though, they have in common that they are harming others and yourself.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ok.

Well, being angry results in e.g. saying "I am angry at him.".
Acting upon your anger results in e.g. slapping them in the face.
Judgement results in saying something like "This is a bad person."
So no, totally different things. Imo, though, they have in common that they are harming others and yourself.

Thank you very much for clearing that up. I think I can be very angry at somebody without thinking that they're horrible people. I know that this should be an obvious question to me. But I understand, now, I can be upset with someone for hurting families, like the man did in Texas, without actually judging them.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My blessing

Okay

I guess I wasn't understanding what you are trying to say. What is judgement? Is it really judgmental to get angry at people when they hurt another human being?

Jesus got angry with the money chaangers...”be angree but sin not” says the Bible.
May God forgive me if I am wrong, but I hope the guy who murdered the church members,including babies Is suffering inHelll this very moment....I am sure he is there

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus got angry with the money chaangers...”be angree but sin not” says the Bible.
May God forgive me if I am wrong, but I hope the guy who murdered the church members,including babies Is suffering inHelll this very moment....I am sure he is there

I know exactly what you mean.

Upvote 0

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Thank you very much for clearing that up. I think I can be very angry at somebody without thinking that they're horrible people. I know that this should be an obvious question to me. But I understand, now, I can be upset with someone for hurting families, like the man did in Texas, without actually judging them.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.
You are welcome. :)
Now, the question would be imo: How do I go about dealing with my anger (or other emotion) so that it doesn´t take the best of me, or even in a way that is benefical for everyone involved?

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are welcome. :)
Now, the question would be imo: How do I go about dealing with my anger (or other emotion) so that it doesn´t take the best of me, or even in a way that is benefical for everyone involved?

Good question

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I heard a Catholic say "To forgive is to will someone can go to heaven". Maybe non judgement of others relates to the sense of final judgement? Don't condemn them to hell in your will, least you be deceived by Satan and apparently "become as God" when you are in fact mere man. For final judgement is God's alone....?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand that. But that doesn't mean that we can't be upset when people do bad things to other people. I am not talking about going out and revenging other people. I definitely would use the court system to determine Justice. But like I said if something happened to somebody you love, of course we are going to be angry at the person that hurt our loved ones.

And I also think it's okay to hope for justice for the person that was killed.
God is a God of absolute Justice. In the Bible God provided law and a system of Judges to settle disputes between people. Jesus talks about forgiveness and as God forgives us we are to forgive others.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having a reaction of anger isn't condemning.

It's okay as an emotional reaction...

But, it can subsequently become wrong....

If one continues to days or months later still hold onto the anger and continue still to be angry, without forgiving.

Forgiving ends anger.

Staying angry weeks or years later at a person requires refusing to forgive then....

That's when we are doing sin -- refusing to forgive days or weeks or months later.

Remaining in condemning them.

Even though it's natural to condemn someone, we are not to condemn, but instead to forgive.

We all have sinned like this or other ongoing sins.

It's when we truly repent to God in our hearts that we are forgiven! And changed. Each Time we are changed we have taken a step in the right direction. By praying for help, taking Communion, relying on Christ, looking to Christ, following Him, we are changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Having a reaction of anger isn't condemning.

It's okay as an emotional reaction...

But, it can subsequently become wrong....

If one continues to days or months later still hold onto the anger and continue still to be angry, without forgiving.

Forgiving ends anger.

Staying angry weeks or years later at a person requires refusing to forgive then....

That's when we are doing sin -- refusing to forgive days or weeks or months later.

Remaining in condemning them.

Even though it's natural to condemn someone, we are not to condemn, but instead to forgive.

....just curious.....how does everyone feel about forgiveness in regard to the Texas church shooter?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....just curious.....how does everyone feel about forgiveness in regard to the Texas church shooter?
It's easier to forgive after time proportional to what's happened to you!

God knows what's happened.

Justice belongs to Him.

Vengeance is His, and not ours to do, in the end....

Victims need time...and He knows their hearts.

Some things might take a long while for some to be able to forgive. After that time, possibly years for some (i don't know), then finally it would be what to consider... We can't forgive for others. It's not up to us to say when either.... I think it's very very soon to even consider such when funerals and wakes are next. They need our prayer and if we are in that area, also direct support.

• Agree
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Also, do not condemn, so that you will not be condemned.
That really goes along with what I already addressed. There''s 'judging' someone as to being declared 'guilty' of something, and then there's 'condemning' someone to 'punishment'. When Paul judged the two men as guilty of sexual immorality and blasphemy he then 'condemned' them both to the punishment of being turned over to Satan. I think this is represents a pretty high commitment on the believer to be sure he is in God's will.

I might add here, I think this is judging someone's soul. But you are free to disagree. :)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That really goes along with what I already addressed. There''s 'judging' someone as to being declared 'guilty' of something, and then there's 'condemning' someone to 'punishment'. When Paul judged the two men as guilty of sexual immorality and blasphemy he then 'condemned' them both to the punishment of being turned over to Satan. I think this is represents a pretty high commitment on the believer to be sure he is in God's will.

That wasn't condemning, but ejection.

Paul hoped they would then repent and be saved. 1 Cor 5:5

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That wasn't condemning, but ejection.
You find "ejection" in the bible and we'll have something to talk about. Until then I have to stand on the multiple scriptures I've alluded to. If not then like I said you are certainly free to your 'opinion', but that's all it is for me.

Paul hoped they would then repent and be saved.
You got that right. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You find "ejection" in the bible and we'll have something to talk about. Until then I have to stand on the multiple scriptures I've alluded to. If not then like I said you are certainly free to your 'opinion', but that's all it is for me.

You got that right. :oldthumbsup:

Read the chapter then you find "expel" or exact same meaning like "remove". You don't see "condemn" , right?
For all if us, we have to read full epistles of Paul's all the way through. Often even a full chapter isn't enough, but here it will aid.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ut not people as people.

We can judge an action a person does, but we don't have authority nor omniscience to judge a soul.
If you are in congregational leadership in some capacity - you DO have the authority to judge.

1 Corinthians 5:12b
Do you not judge those who are within the church?
13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

1 Corinthians 6:1
Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?​

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are in congregational leadership in some capacity - you DO have the authority to judge.

1 Corinthians 5:12b
Do you not judge those who are within the church?
13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

1 Corinthians 6:1
Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?​
Right. We can judge actions.

You may learn you are simply agreeing with me. Hope you will see that, because I hope I'm not that confusing.

Read again more fully and or more posts.

Can we get around the Tower of Babel here?

I thought the word "condemn" would be so clear none could misunderstand.....

Without any kind of any qualifier,

"Do not condemn"

But I noticed a possibly changed definition above, which ought to cause great consternation.
How could that word get changed???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Okay

I never judge people Souls. But how can we say that it is wrong to get upset at somebody who hurts innocent children or kill the parents right in front of their own children?
I'd say you're going to have to define 'soul' for me. When Peter judged Annanias and Saphira as being 'liars' you don't think that was a soulish judgment? :idea:

I mean that's what people are doing these days. I know that I am sinful but my sin doesn't hurt anybody else but myself.
What about GOD? And what about the Son He sent to die for YOU? You might want to rethink your belief IMO.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics