Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What do people mean when they say do not judge lest you be judge?

I know that I am sinful and that I am far from perfect. I struggle with inappropriate contentography, which I am seeking God's help, and lust. I struggle with anger and bitterness. I do not trust a lot of people, therefore I do not really attend church. I have lied to people. I have been slothful and lazy, which I am changing by going to school. I have glutton many times. Food was like a comforting to me because I gone through depression. I know that I am very sinful. I know that I deserve death and Wrath. I am far from perfect.

But that doesn't mean that I am not going to be upset when I hear of people killing other people; not just killing them, but brutally killing them. I am going to be upset when I hear of an uncle who drowned his nephew because he wanted to know what it would be like to kill somebody. I am going to be upset at the mother who drowned her own daughter, even though she said she didn't mean to, to teach her a lesson in obedience. I am going to always be upset at people who cause pain to other people. I know that I am sinful, but my sin only causes me pain and no one else's. When I get upset at somebody for drowning their nephew or killing their little girl to teach her a lesson, it is not me being self-righteous. I am just naturally reacting to the brutality of human behavior. But when I get upset I sometimes get Christians saying stuff like well you are not perfect yourself so you have no right to judge.

I am not judging them based on how sinful they are. I am judging them based on how I would feel if somebody was to do that to my niece or nephew or somebody that I love. To me going around saying stuff like you can't judge is false humbleness. I know that I am far from perfect. But would you actually say that if somebody had violated or hurt your little boy or girl or your mother or father? I doubt it.

So my question is what do people mean that you can't judge? It is almost impossible not to judge in this world. We all know that we are far from perfect. But how can you tell me not to judge someone that kills innocent people? Well according to the Bible nobody's innocent, but you know what I mean.

Let us use a less severe crime as an example. Let's say that you had your rent money in your purse or if you're a man in your wallet and somebody stole it from you, would you like it if somebody says you are just as sinful as that Thief if you we're upset to that somebody stole from you? It would be hard not to get upset when you were violated. I'm just saying it's hard not to judge. So what do people mean when they say that we cannot judge?

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have to stop condemning people, so that we are not condemned.

We can judge books, ideas, houses, financial options, actions.

But not people as people.

We can judge an action a person does, but we don't have authority nor omniscience to judge a soul.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesse, God wants us to judge rightly. To judge someone wrongly would require God to judge you for your incorrect attitude, heart, judgment or whatever. Paul obviously judged two people when he turned them over to Satan. But those judgments were both corrective in their purpose, even as Paul referred to in 2 Corinthians where he admonished them to restore the first guy. And the second guy he judged to 'be turned over to Satan' was done so in order that he would learn not to blaspheme. But if you judged someone as worthy of Hell, especially with the issues you've already confessed just might cause God to judge you. Scripture says "he scourges every son that He loves." And I'm going to bet He doesn't scourge you because you're doing every thing 'right'. He's doing it because you're doing it wrong. A deceitful heart, a mean spirit, a bad attitude. All of which would lead to a bad judgment on your part, for example.

1CO 2:15 The spiritual man judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.

IOW make sure you're 'spiritual' minded in your judgment and not carnal minded.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have to stop condemning people, so that we are not condemned.

We can judge books, ideas, houses, financial options, actions.

But not people as people.

We can judge an action a person does, but we don't have authority nor omniscience to judge a soul.

Most people don”t want to hear this but Paul said we ARE to judge...... Not the world,butfellow Believers...makes one think,doesn’t it?

• Agree
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesse, God wants us to judge rightly. To judge someone wrongly would require God to judge you for your incorrect attitude, heart, judgment or whatever. Paul obviously judged two people when he turned them over to Satan. But those judgments were both corrective in their purpose, even as Paul referred to in 2 Corinthians where he admonished them to restore the first guy. And the second guy he judged to 'be turned over to Satan' was done so in order that he would learn not to blaspheme. But if you judged someone as worthy of Hell, especially with the issues you've already confessed just might cause God to judge you. Scripture says "he scourges every son that He loves." And I'm going to bet He doesn't scourge you because you're doing every thing 'right'. He's doing it because you're doing it wrong. A deceitful heart, a mean spirit, a bad attitude. All of which would lead to a bad judgment on your part, for example.

1CO 2:15 The spiritual man judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.

Also, do not condemn, so that you will not be condemned.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To get it right have your understanding agree to #all# scriptures on this.

We can judge actions, correctly, but not judge souls.

Only Christ Jesus has been alone given that authority to judge souls.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So my question is what do people mean that you can't judge?
God has established authority to deal with the lawless. It is not our job to be judge and jury. Only God can examine the heart.

Romans 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but bad. Do you want to be unafraid of the one in authority? Then do what is right, and you will have his approval. 4 For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not carry the sword in vain. He is God’s servant, an agent of retribution to the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to authority, not only to avoid punishment, but also as a matter of conscience.…

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God has established authority to deal with the lawless. It is not our job to be judge and jury. Only God can examine the heart.

Romans 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but bad. Do you want to be unafraid of the one in authority? Then do what is right, and you will have his approval. 4 For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not carry the sword in vain. He is God’s servant, an agent of retribution to the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to authority, not only to avoid punishment, but also as a matter of conscience.…

I understand that. But that doesn't mean that we can't be upset when people do bad things to other people. I am not talking about going out and revenging other people. I definitely would use the court system to determine Justice. But like I said if something happened to somebody you love, of course we are going to be angry at the person that hurt our loved ones.

And I also think it's okay to hope for justice for the person that was killed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Also, do not condemn, so that you will not be condemned.

If hoping for justice is condemning, that would be very hard not to do. But I never wish anybody to go to hell. I don't care what they have done. Their souls belonging to God and God Alone.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To get it right have your understanding agree to #all# scriptures on this.

We can judge actions, correctly, but not judge souls.

Only Christ Jesus has been alone given that authority to judge souls.

I have always believed that. I never judge other people's Souls.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Okay

I never judge people Souls. But how can we say that it is wrong to get upset at somebody who hurts innocent children or kill the parents right in front of their own children? I mean that's what people are doing these days. I know that I am sinful but my sin doesn't hurt anybody else but myself.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What do people mean when they say do not judge lest you be judge?

I know that I am sinful and that I am far from perfect. I struggle with inappropriate contentography, which I am seeking God's help, and lust. I struggle with anger and bitterness. I do not trust a lot of people, therefore I do not really attend church. I have lied to people. I have been slothful and lazy, which I am changing by going to school. I have glutton many times. Food was like a comforting to me because I gone through depression. I know that I am very sinful. I know that I deserve death and Wrath. I am far from perfect.

But that doesn't mean that I am not going to be upset when I hear of people killing other people; not just killing them, but brutally killing them. I am going to be upset when I hear of an uncle who drowned his nephew because he wanted to know what it would be like to kill somebody. I am going to be upset at the mother who drowned her own daughter, even though she said she didn't mean to, to teach her a lesson in obedience. I am going to always be upset at people who cause pain to other people. I know that I am sinful, but my sin only causes me pain and no one else's. When I get upset at somebody for drowning their nephew or killing their little girl to teach her a lesson, it is not me being self-righteous. I am just naturally reacting to the brutality of human behavior. But when I get upset I sometimes get Christians saying stuff like well you are not perfect yourself so you have no right to judge.

I am not judging them based on how sinful they are. I am judging them based on how I would feel if somebody was to do that to my niece or nephew or somebody that I love. To me going around saying stuff like you can't judge is false humbleness. I know that I am far from perfect. But would you actually say that if somebody had violated or hurt your little boy or girl or your mother or father? I doubt it.

So my question is what do people mean that you can't judge? It is almost impossible not to judge in this world. We all know that we are far from perfect. But how can you tell me not to judge someone that kills innocent people? Well according to the Bible nobody's innocent, but you know what I mean.

Let us use a less severe crime as an example. Let's say that you had your rent money in your purse or if you're a man in your wallet and somebody stole it from you, would you like it if somebody says you are just as sinful as that Thief if you we're upset to that somebody stole from you? It would be hard not to get upset when you were violated. I'm just saying it's hard not to judge. So what do people mean when they say that we cannot judge?

I really wish people read that chapter where the verse came from. It talks in-depth about discernment and righteous judgement. The verse on its own is very surfaced.

So read Matthew 7 first.

Matthew 7 will talk about why that statement was made, how to properly judge, how to discern, and the fate of those who don't produce good fruits. There is a way to discern things, to rebuke, to reprove, and exhort things through teachings with love and Matthew 7 in its entirety actually demonstrates that. When people quote just that one verse, and nothing else in term of helping the person grow in some way, its not being quoted with understanding and its not done in love nor patience. Its usually quoted out of spite, and Jesus never put that out there to be spiteful no matter how hypocritical they may have been.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thank you everyone. You are probably right, though, that I shouldn't be judging. I'm just angry at all of these people that inflict pain on other people that have not harm them. It is very hard for me to not wish the death penalty upon them. This life is full of suffering and pain already with all the diseases and hunger. Why do people have to add to it by killing?

I'm aware that James said that if you break one commandment you are guilty of breaking them all. It's just very hard to see all sin as equal.

I sin. I know this. But my sin doesn't affect anybody else but me. I know that that doesn't make me more righteous than the killers. I mean, I know that I deserve hell and death just like those who kill people. But as long as I'm on this Earth, I would like to feel safe. I would like it to be a safe place for kids to be kids. I would like it to be a safe place for mothers and fathers. And then when somebody goes and shoots up a church and kills an entire family, I am not supposed to be upset about that? I am not supposed to be angry at the person who does this? How can I not? It just saddens me and angers me at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Since when is "but it´s hard not to" a justification for "sinning"? ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Thank you everyone. You are probably right, though, that I shouldn't be judging. I'm just angry at all of these people that inflict pain on other people that have not harm them. It is very hard for me to not wish the death penalty upon them. This life is full of suffering and pain already with all the diseases and hunger. Why do people have to add to it by killing?
Now, THAT´s a great question. Trying to find the answer in each single case will probably keep you busy so that you don´t have much time left for judging them. ;)
Btw., judging others and acting upon your anger does harm others (and yourself).

I sin. I know this. But my sin doesn't affect anybody else but me. I know that that doesn't make me more righteous than the killers. I mean, I know that I deserve hell and death just like those who kill people. But as long as I'm on this Earth, I would like to feel safe. I would like it to be a safe place for kids to be kids. I would like it to be a safe place for mothers and fathers. And then when somebody goes and shoots up a church and kills an entire family, I am not supposed to be upset about that? I am not supposed to be angry at the person who does this? How can I not? It just saddens me and angers me at the same time.
Feeling and being aware of your emotions doesn´t equal judgement.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Since when is "but it´s hard not to" a justification for "sinning"? ;)

No one is justifying sin. I don't know where you are getting that. I am very sinful and I have never Justified it.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Now, THAT´s a great question. Trying to find the answer in each single case will probably keep you busy so that you don´t have much time left for judging them. ;)
Btw., judging others and acting upon your anger does harm others (and yourself).

Feeling and being aware of your emotions doesn´t equal judgement.

My blessing

Okay

I guess I wasn't understanding what you are trying to say. What is judgement? Is it really judgmental to get angry at people when they hurt another human being?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0