Davao
✟15,432.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've met a guy online last year and he is an unbeliever. He's in a difficult season of his life and I genuinely wanted to be his friend and make him feel the love of God. We almost talk every day. I didn't think it was a big deal because I know what I want in a man, a man who loves God and a man who can lead a family. God also said not to be yoked with unbelievers. I will never compromise that or settle for less.
But lately, I was starting to feel something. I don't know what it is but it's a deep and strong feeling toward him. I surrender this to the Lord and it's still here. Please help me pray that God will soften his heart and for God to strengthen me for I am weak in love.

• Informative
Reactions: dayhiker

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I've met a guy online last year and he is an unbeliever. He's in a difficult season of his life and I genuinely wanted to be his friend and make him feel the love of God. We almost talk every day. I didn't think it was a big deal because I know what I want in a man, a man who loves God and a man who can lead a family. God also said not to be yoked with unbelievers. I will never compromise that or settle for less.
But lately, I was starting to feel something. I don't know what it is but it's a deep and strong feeling toward him. I surrender this to the Lord and it's still here. Please help me pray that God will soften his heart and for God to strengthen me for I am weak in love.
There is a lot of value in my cynical view of marriage, lol. Just remember that marriage, like most things in life, but particularly marriage, never turns out to be quite what you expected. And do not let your body own you. Don't even go down that road.

As for your title, I remember reading that interpretation of the language of Song of Solomon for the first time in the NIV (1977), having grown up in the KJV. And it made a lot of sense to me for the first time. Love does not exist for the purposes of serving the body.

Another passage of Scripture comes to mind in this subject, that though it is contextually not about your situation, it still does apply to it, perhaps even more obviously than the the contextual use of it. Galatians 6:1 "Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted."

Be careful, and don't let human nature cause you to dwell on this person inordinately. Don't let human nature deceive you into justifying what your body wants you to feel.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ya, the wisdom of God's word teaches us that, do not allow your passions rise up within you until you are sure that he is a "tested" believer, and that he is the wright match for you, in other words, do not be seduced by the subtleity of the flesh, for the flesh is very sneaky,... "
Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
Do everything and go forward by prayer.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0