-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe most Christians do. And I do not base this position of mine on just the Bible or Church teaching or what have you but on personal experience. I don't see a lot of Christians doing things Jesus said.
Vatican II tells us that the church has produced many "baptized pagans."

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
that is not true. As it says in Revelation, a person's whose name is written in the Book of Life can have his name "blotted out" of that Book.

once saved always saved is NOT in the Bible and in fact the Bible refutes it. It is a doctrine of demons, to keep people from doing what is required to get into Heaven. Satan is smarter than any of us and he usually wins bc he knows how to tell these lies and keep us believing them
You are putting more faith in the power of Satan than in the keeping power of Christ. You need to discover the difference between being born again and the salvation of the soul. How can anyone lose eternal life? If it can be lost, it is not eternal. What about Lord Jesus promising that He would lose none that God has given to Him? The real problem is that 95% of churchgoers are not Christians. When they quit their "Christian" beliefs, they are supposedly losing their salvation. No. They were never saved in the first place. It's easy to cherry pick verses to suit a particular theological view. We need to know the whole counsel of God.

An old-time Pentecostal pastor I knew put it this way. "3 kinds of people go to church. Believers, unbelievers and make believers." I heard that statement 45 years ago. He was right then and it is true right now, at least in the Western world. The persecuted Christians are for real. They pay a great price for their faith.

There will be many Christians who will regret wasting their time on earth. That is not the same as losing their salvation. The human spirit is saved the moment the person is born again. The soul of man is not saved instantly. It is a process. Some never experience the salvation of the soul because they refuse to take up the cross.

God's initial judgement is straightforward. You are either spiritually alive or dead. If you are alive spiritually, God's judgement is for rewards, not punishment. Some people will get nothing. Others will be wonderfully blessed. Most of us will be somewhere in between.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What's the difference?

Do you mean the process of sanctification?
No. I mean it is the salvation of the soul. Luke 4:18. Sanctification is an attitude of heart towards God's will. It is being set apart for God's purpose. It is seeking God's kingdom first. "Salvation" primarily means deliverance. No one is instantly perfect in the soul realm after they are born again. The part of us that is the "new creation" is the spirit. That is what died when Adam disobeyed God.

The life of man became interred in the soul. God intended that Adam should eat from the tree of life. If he had chosen life, Adam would not have died. Once a person is born again, he has the same choice as Adam once more. "Good and evil" or "Life"? Most Christians start out suppressing the wrong and promoting the good. It does not work. Ask Paul (Romans 7). God's intent is for us to give up on ourselves and choose life. That has to be a choice of the will and it is a daily walk.

Many Christians live a life of struggle and defeat. It is not necessary. We will always struggle in this life - we have a vicious and unrelenting enemy. He will not be defeated by our clever intellect, slavish obedience to religious observances, our natural zeal or any other effort of self. Satan is already defeated. We stand in Christ, on who He is and what He has done for us.

There are three great needs. One is the deliverance of the will from oppressions that hinder us from choosing correctly. Attachments to family, friends, work and even Christian ministry need to be subordinate to God's will. The classic instance is Lord Jesus in Gethsemane. "Not my will" even though He sweat drops of blood. Another is our mind, which needs to be renewed so that our minds do not argue with God's will. Lastly, we need to establish truth as our sole foundation. Many are prone to emotionalism. If they feel good, they think that all is well. If they feel flat, they assume that they've done something wrong. That is not always so.

The soul needs to serve our spirit man. A free soul is a great asset. A bound soul is a problem that needs to be resolved. It is a lifetime work. However, there should be some sign of deliverance after some years in the Lord. Gross sin usually drops off quickly. It's the deeper, heart issues that take much longer.

The cross is God's means to bring about the salvation of the soul. Every time we deny the soul's influence and choose God's will instead, the soul's power is diminished.

• Winner
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Alain Valdivia

“Domine miserere nobis. Parce nos in Christo.”
Jul 9, 2018
Cape Coral
✟25,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do most Christians go to hell? Well, considering I am a man who is subject to many faults and errors it is unwise for me to say who will be or not be in Heaven. Only the omniscient God knows who will be among the Blessed in Heaven. However, there are several scriptural passages that can help us know the type of people who will be among the Damned as opposed to the Blessed.
For one, a person must be regenerated and born again according to the text, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (‭‭John‬ ‭3:3‬). If a person has not participated in the “washing of regeneration” (Titus 3:5) they are in a state of damnation. Thus we can conclude that those who are without the Spirit of God and are not justified through faith in His Son will not participate in the Beautific Vision if they die in that state.
Secondly, what about those who profess to be believers? Well, according to our Lord, not all those who profess to be believers shall be welcomed to the Heavenly Haven according to the text, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:21-23‬). Along with verses 13 and 14 of that same chapter we can also conclude that few will enter into Paradise, “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew‬ ‭7:13-14). With this we know that these people were not true believers since true believers are those who are justified by faith and prove their justification by their obedience (1 John 2:3-4), love to the brethren (1 John 3:14-15), and their mortification of sin (1 John 3:9-10). It is then reasonable to conclude that those who are among the Blessed are those who are made righteous through faith in Christ. It would seem that if there was a person who professes to be a Christian and yet lives in unrepentant sin he would be in a state of damnation. However, if there was a person who claims to be a Christian and yet bears the fruit of righteousness and love he has upon his soul a moral persuasion to believe he will be saved.
To answer your question then, “Do most Christians end up in hell?” I would have to say that no person who is a true Christian will end up in hell if he dies as a true Christian. However, if someone is a false believer he won’t be in heaven based upon many texts (1 Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21, 1 John 3:10).
On a side note, I’m not denying justification by faith alone. I am merely saying that a person who is truly justified by faith will evidence his justification by his deeds.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life" (John 5:24)

To the OP I would say, stop trusting in the words of supposedly 'Saints' of the Catholic church, of visions of mystics and such stuff as that. Trust only in the Lord and in his Holy Word.

God Bless :)

• Winner
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It it's difficult for the righteous to be saved, what will appear of the ungodly and sinner?
Look, I believe that the eternal security of a believer is only for those who endure to the end that they'll be saved. This has nothing to do with earning merit or working hard to please God. The Bible talks about how there's going to be a great falling away from the faith. We're seeing that in the church and world right now. While it's true that Jesus said that no enemy can pluck us out of His or the Father's hand. That has nothing to do with people who intentionally and knowingly walk away from God. The writer of Hebrews says that the Lord will never leave or forsake us. If you just study the Bible, there's copious more evidence to make the case for conditional security rather than taking a few verses and claiming once saved always saved.

As for people that are genuinely born again and walk with God...There's no chance they'll experience condemnation in that place. It isn't going to happen.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It it's difficult for the righteous to be saved, what will appear of the ungodly and sinner?
Look, I believe that the eternal security of a believer is only for those who endure to the end that they'll be saved. This has nothing to do with earning merit or working hard to please God. The Bible talks about how there's going to be a great falling away from the faith. We're seeing that in the church and world right now. While it's true that Jesus said that no enemy can pluck us out of His or the Father's hand. That has nothing to do with people who intentionally and knowingly walk away from God. The writer of Hebrews says that the Lord will never leave or forsake us. If you just study the Bible, there's copious more evidence to make the case for conditional security rather than taking a few verses and claiming once saved always saved.

As for people that are genuinely born again and walk with God...There's no chance they'll experience condemnation in that place. It isn't going to happen.
The misunderstanding continues. Being born again determines your future, heaven or excluded. Your walk with Christ determines your place in the Kingdom. You cannot be unborn again. You can be a nothing in heaven. The principle is partly stated by Paul: "I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus."

The reference to "enduring to the end" refers to the salvation of the soul, which is a lifetime process. The lack of knowledge and teaching on this subject leads to complacency for the "once saved, always saved" group and unreasonable fears for those who are not certain of their security in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read that today our love, actions cares are of the Lord. He also called Jacob a worm so if the forefathers had no backbone to obey God then maybe little guys will be accepted too. After all what did Jacob even do. He was in the flesh, Israel is his spiritual name. He wasn’t that strong.
I don’t think I’m much a doer of the Word. I’m a sinner. I’m on a break from ministry. We all deserve hell, but for the grace of God. He has a standard but we all fall short.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints;
They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

There are genuine Christians and there are “nominal” Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The misunderstanding continues. Being born again determines your future, heaven or excluded. Your walk with Christ determines your place in the Kingdom. You cannot be unborn again. You can be a nothing in heaven. The principle is partly stated by Paul: "I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus."

The reference to "enduring to the end" refers to the salvation of the soul, which is a lifetime process. The lack of knowledge and teaching on this subject leads to complacency for the "once saved, always saved" group and unreasonable fears for those who are not certain of their security in Christ.

What do you think, does these people who are very insecure about their salvation are really born again? Or do they try to make it by their works, and just because they are afraid of hell and not just loving Jesus whole heartedly? I mean, ”when there is love there is no fear. ” So, if they are so scared, there is no truly love. And if there is no truly love, there is no God in them / they don’t know God. ? Any thoughts?

And this is not to make anybody feeling quilty or to mock anybody and so on im just asking a question which im interested to know more. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums