Dec 27, 2016
✟26,747.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch these healing/healers videos on YouTube and truly believed them. I believed they would be the cure to my illness..I watched many..not just street healers but prayers online. I really believed a healer could heal me as in the bible as Peter did, Jesus and John. I watched videos on it and believed one could touch me and heal me. I prayed it silently when I was on the street. My prayers for healing didn’t work and they still don’t. I do believe God keeps me alive despite my illnesses..for some reason I guess.

I personally don’t believe “by His wounds we are healed”should be applied to physical healing, but they use it a lot. I believed prayers would heal me. I still believe they can heal someone. I have also tried “self exorcisms” which haven’t worked but have seen work (despite the person administrating it having trouble getting them all out)

I watched this recently
and it opened my eyes to how fake these healings can be. I personally think Benny Hinn and a lot of this other ones are fake and use a form of hypnosis. Lots of people walk away healed from healers only for it to return.

So are modern day healers real?

Reactions: drjean

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Miraculous healings can take place. Many have been observed and reported in Lourdes, for example.

As to Benny Hinn... look, I have no idea. I don't see what the problem is with asking for proof that people have been healed by his whatever he does.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch these healing/healers videos on YouTube and truly believed them. I believed they would be the cure to my illness..I watched many..not just street healers but prayers online. I really believed a healer could heal me as in the bible as Peter did, Jesus and John. I watched videos on it and believed one could touch me and heal me. I prayed it silently when I was on the street. My prayers for healing didn’t work and they still don’t. I do believe God keeps me alive despite my illnesses..for some reason I guess.

I personally don’t believe “by His wounds we are healed”should be applied to physical healing, but they use it a lot. I believed prayers would heal me. I still believe they can heal someone. I have also tried “self exorcisms” which haven’t worked but have seen work (despite the person administrating it having trouble getting them all out)

I watched this recently
and it opened my eyes to how fake these healings can be. I personally think Benny Hinn and a lot of this other ones are fake and use a form of hypnosis. Lots of people walk away healed from healers only for it to return.

I guess something important to ask here is, what do you think healing means? I’ve received physical healing in various occasions but I am still struggling with an illness; tons of doctors, tests, etc. While I am going through all that I realized I started eating healthier, I changed my bad habits and I don’t depend on food for comfort.

I do believe in the gift of healing as I’ve seen healing wih my own eyes and experienced it, but just because you are not receiving something as you asked for doesn't mean you are not receiving it as He wants to. Sometimes we pray for a tree but He gives us a seed.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I won't weigh in totally on one side or the other about people, but GOD heals, that I know.

However, let us remember the many scenarios we find in God's Word regarding the devil's infliction. If satan inflicts someone, he can surely use someone to pretend to "heal" or remove the infliction when it's really satan's power. I wouldn't specify any particular event though, personally, because there is always the danger of blasphemy (attributing to the devil that which is God's) IF satan has his fake healers (and he does, so that people never come to the knowledge of TRUTH) then he has his people faking illness as well.

It's a jungle out there.

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I watched this recently

I've heard many people have been healed by the relics of saints. Prayer is always your foremost way of healing. Ask the Blessed Mary to pray for you so that when you do not feel like praying she will still be there doing it for you.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I've heard many people have been healed by the relics of saints.

If healing miracle still happens why dont those healers go to the hospitals ?

There was no hospitals in early church so they brought their sick to the apostles.
Acts 5:12 The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people.14 Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. 15 As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16 Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.

Healing and the Bible: Kathryn Kuhlman and Her Healing Show

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If healing miracle still happens why dont those healers go to the hospitals ?

There was no hospitals in early church so they brought their sick to the apostles.
Acts 5:12 The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people.14 Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. 15 As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16 Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.

Healing and the Bible: Kathryn Kuhlman and Her Healing Show

They do? But relics or healers wont help you if you don't have faith. That much is shown in the New Testament. Those who received healing were always those who fully believed they would be healed.

People who travel the world to venerate healing relics of saints or apostles, and those who pray fervently are given healing.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Modern science has proven the power of the mind. What you dwell upon is what you bring into your life, indeed, what your mind creates in reality.

Much of the UN-wellness in today's world is self created.... and can be self healed by changing the mind, giving he brain the results we want so it creates the chemicals the body needs to heal. God created our bodies to self heal.... sometimes it lacks nutrients and minerals that we no longer receive through our food (food is fake mostly today.)

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.
God never tells us to do something in His Word that we are unable to actually do.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They do? But relics or healers wont help you if you don't have faith.
Why seek the relics if people hv faith ? Those who seek healing do hv faiths but they just havent been healed. May be somethings wrong in their life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus sent 72 people two by two and GAVE THEM POWER TO HEAL PEOPLE.

Luke 10:9 HEAL THE SICK who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.

We should ask are there any people given power by Jesus Himself to heal people ?

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why seek the relics if people hv faith ? Those who seek healing do hv faiths but they just havent been healed. May be somethings wrong in their life.

Objects that are much prayed over, or were from a holy person become Holy. Much like how the handkerchief of Paul healed, so can the bones of a saint heal. It has been done countless times.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Objects that are much prayed over, or were from a holy person become Holy. Much like how the handkerchief of Paul healed, so can the bones of a saint heal. It has been done countless times.
Satan had full control over Job's body and could do anything to him he wanted, except kill him. We fail to comprehend the immense power Satan has and what he has control over. Of course I am NOT saying that all illness is from Satan. Never. But in the case where people are healed by false teachers, even antichrist heal from deadly wound.
Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch these healing/healers videos on YouTube and truly believed them.
2THESS.2: = 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus' Girl

❤️❤️❤️
Dec 27, 2016
✟26,747.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can God cause diseases or death? I know this is controversial but I do believe God does allow us to die certain ways or get sick. Reasons being the bible indicates he sent judgment on people through hail and other means and killed them.
I know Satan does things too but he gets permission from God for God to use these things for good..if they don’t kill us but sometimes they do..like cancer can refine you. Why Christians die in agony baffles me though.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will pay for a plane ticket for any healer who wishes to come to
San Diego's Children's Hospital and do some (verified) healing.

I'm 99.99 sure that there will be no takers.

All we can really do is pray and wait on (Him).
It will be His will or not.

M-Bob

Good question I think --
Why don't we see these "healers" hanging out daily at Children's Hospital??????
Actually, I have never heard of one going there.
There is a reason for that.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why Christians die in agony baffles me though.
Christians are not immune to sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking and the consequences/curses because all humans have the freedom of choice or free will, eg 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-19.
....... Eg convicted US Christian murderers will still be executed or be imprisoned for life. If they keep their faith in Christ, they will still be saved from hell when they die.

Cancer is usually a curse for sin and terminal or a death sentence. I do not think God sends terminal cancer just to refine or chasten good and law-abiding people.(HEBREWS.12)
....... The story of Job was not God testing his faith by sending him afflictions. In fact, Job had ignorantly sinned against God(JOB.1:5 & 3:25) and God withdrew His protection from him.(cf; 1JOHN.5:18, EXODUS.20:5) In such cases, Christian sinners/evildoers/law-breakers may lose their faith, like the wife of Job who likely had cursed God/Jesus and died(JOB.2:9 = lost her salvation), but Job kept the faith until the end(= he was saved - 1PETER.3:19 & 4:6).

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if they demand a private jet plane ?

Then they are not real are they?
Will supply first class seat.
Even Benny Hinn would not do it.
For he would be exposed.

M-Bob

Upvote 0