Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So I thought I had found and knew God my entire life, but my family weren't very good people, and more than likely just used Christianity to make themselves look good. They've taught me a lot of what I already know about God and Christianity, but now I'm sort questioning and losing faith on who God really is and if Christianity is still the one true way, because of all I've been through, and thinking how can I really trust what they said if they are all a bunch of liars and fakes anyway, you know? So lately I've been just really been questioning and my faith and really just my entire existence. It's really scary. I just hope whoever God may be will understand. I really don't want to go to Hell if there really is one. Please pray for me on all of this?

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I thought I had found and knew God my entire life, but my family weren't very good people, and more than likely just used Christianity to make themselves look good. They've taught me a lot of what I already know about God and Christianity, but now I'm sort questioning and losing faith on who God really is and if Christianity is still the one true way, because of all I've been through, and thinking how can I really trust what they said if they are all a bunch of liars and fakes anyway, you know? So lately I've been just really been questioning and my faith and really just my entire existence. It's really scary. I just hope whoever God may be will understand. I really don't want to go to Hell if there really is one. Please pray for me on all of this?
Sorry to hear about your struggle. Here is a link to two hours of teaching on how to have a relationship with God. I pray it helps.

Living God Ministries - Having a Relationship with God

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @The Christian Girl, whenever I find myself struggling, especially with matters of a spiritual nature, I call my pastor. Our pastors are great at giving us sound advice, help and godly counsel, and telling them what's going on in our lives lets them know (in a specific way) how they can be lifting us up in prayer.

Praying for you!

God bless you!

--David

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This phase is very needed and very important for you have to find a faith in Jesus which is living not just inherited. i hope and pray that you will not doubt Jesus, though i know you will, but the lesson we have to learn in life is that Jesus is much more trustworthy than our parents or other Christians.

So yes die to old and come to life in the newe. You will never regret it if you end up following Jesus because you found a true faith. Jesus is awesome i love Him with my life, but i went through the same battle you go through now. Such were dark days with a lot of doubt and unbelief. Only when i dared build on my faith in Jesus did things change for the better.

Be of good courage.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
questioning and losing faith on who God really is and if Christianity is still the one true way, because of all I've been through, and thinking how can I really trust what they said if they are all a bunch of liars and fakes anyway, you know? So lately I've been just really been questioning and my faith and really just my entire existence. It's really scary. I

There is nothing wrong or sinful in having doubts or questions about Christianity or what one believes.
So long as one does something about finding answers.

A good place to start is to read the bible, have a notebook and write down chapter and verse of passages that you have questions about then try looking them up on line.

Or one could look at sites like coldcasechristianity for a detectives examination of the gospel accounts etc. Other useful sites are answersingenesis ( yes a young earth creation site, BUT they stand on the authority of the Bible )
Or post your question on Christian forums for answers.

Christianity is about your relationship with Jesus, two useful question to ask are what do you believe and what evidence do you have for that belief?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,244.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of us know God well enough. But he will keep leading us into all truth.

Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

i would say that those who know fully are the ones where truth continually opens to them ....

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I believe that you are currently in the process of knowing God on a deeper level. Tough times (including Existential crises), do more to give you character and a presence of God in your life if you are willing to do whatever you can to keep the Faith no matter how feeble, insignificant the effort might seem to you on the surface. It is through virtues like patience and endurance that we inherit the promises of God. And many virtues do not appear overnight, but are built little by little as we walk with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums