Kentucky
✟17,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So I grew up in church, and I have pretty much believed and been taught the gospel my whole life. Like there was never any question for me as to whether I believed the Bible stories I was taught at church or not, I always believed it. I came to a realization the consequences of not being saved at 8 years old and talked with my parents and my grandpa who was my church's pastor and he talked me through everything and made sure I understood what Jesus did for us, that I am a sinner that needs to ask for forgiveness and to ask the Lord to save me so I can go to Heaven and live my life for him. So at that time I got saved and baptized by my grandpa at age 8.

All through my life I have struggled with terrible anxiety over literally EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. My family and friends can vouch for that as well and they always tell me I worry too much over most things. So I don't know if this is one of those things or not.

So basically when I got a bit older in to my pre-teens/teens I fell into an addiction with inappropriate contentography/masturbation and for the longest time didn't even realize I was doing something wrong ( I don't know how I could be so dense) But then eventually I did realize it was wrong and started to feel bad about it and would feel bad after doing it, would tell God I was sorry, ask for forgiveness and try not to do it again but eventually would end up giving in to temptation and doing it again. This happened for many years. I would feel guilty and pray for forgiveness and also would worry I wasn't saved because I did those things and would pray for God to save me over and over again because of the anxiety I had over this.

Now here I am at 25 years old and I am finally after much prayer and talking with God I am winning my battle with this sin. I can feel that God has made me stronger to resist temptation and I want to obey Him now more that ever. I am closer to God than I have ever been before in my entire life of believing on Him and His word. But my anxiety sometimes still comes and makes me worry about one thing: If I was saved at 8 years old, why was I sinning for many years (at first unknowingly, then knowingly) after the fact, and if I wasn't actually saved until later, do I need to be baptized again? I know I am saved now, I feel God speaking to me and I get very emotional in prayer with Him sometimes it brings me to tears. I love God and am so grateful for what Jesus has done for me and my family.

I hope I have explained everything I am feeling/thinking well enough. I have never stopped believing, nor have I ever rejected God and never will. It hurts my heart to see or hear people say things against God. I love God so much.

To sum everything up I guess here is what I am saying:
-I got saved and baptized at a young age
-Fell into sin in my teens, didn't realize I was sinning at first
-Have finally conquered my habitual sin
-I wonder if it is bad that it took this long for me to finally grow this close to God
-Do I need to be baptized again? I certainly did mean it the first time and it was done correctly in the name of the Son, the Father and the Holy Ghost

God Bless you all! <3

** Update **
I ultimately decided to be baptized again after feeling led by the Lord to do so. I was re-baptized on May 16th 2021, but this time I know for sure that my heart was in the right place and I completely understood what Jesus has done for me.
Thank you all for your help! <3

Last edited:

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟125,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you were baptized, were you aware of what you were declaring and did so as a result of belief?

The question of re-baptism is a pretty major divide among a lot of churches. As far as the spiritual value of it, most agree a single baptism is effective and any further baptism is just getting dunked/sprinkled with water with no real value in the spiritual economy. If you were baptised as a believer, ratehr than an infant, I don't believe a single church would advocate a second baptism.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you meant it to be baptized and still mean it today then no need to redo that.. It sounds to me like you've been saved all along. It's a wise choice to stay away from inappropriate content though, that's from the pits of hell, does nothing to glorify God and everything to promote evil..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I grew up in church, and I have pretty much believed and been taught the gospel my whole life. Like there was never any question for me as to whether I believed the Bible stories I was taught at church or not, I always believed it. I came to a realization the consequences of not being saved at 8 years old and talked with my parents and my grandpa who was my church's pastor and he talked me through everything and made sure I understood what Jesus did for us, that I am a sinner that needs to ask for forgiveness and to ask the Lord to save me so I can go to Heaven and live my life for him. So at that time I got saved and baptized by my grandpa at age 8.

All through my life I have struggled with terrible anxiety over literally EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. My family and friends can vouch for that as well and they always tell me I worry too much over most things. So I don't know if this is one of those things or not.

So basically when I got a bit older in to my pre-teens/teens I fell into an addiction with inappropriate contentography/masturbation and for the longest time didn't even realize I was doing something wrong ( I don't know how I could be so dense) But then eventually I did realize it was wrong and started to feel bad about it and would feel bad after doing it, would tell God I was sorry, ask for forgiveness and try not to do it again but eventually would end up giving in to temptation and doing it again. This happened for many years. I would feel guilty and pray for forgiveness and also would worry I wasn't saved because I did those things and would pray for God to save me over and over again because of the anxiety I had over this.

Now here I am at 25 years old and I am finally after much prayer and talking with God I am winning my battle with this sin. I can feel that God has made me stronger to resist temptation and I want to obey Him now more that ever. I am closer to God than I have ever been before in my entire life of believing on Him and His word. But my anxiety sometimes still comes and makes me worry about one thing: If I was saved at 8 years old, why was I sinning for many years (at first unknowingly, then knowingly) after the fact, and if I wasn't actually saved until later, do I need to be baptized again? I know I am saved now, I feel God speaking to me and I get very emotional in prayer with Him sometimes it brings me to tears. I love God and am so grateful for what Jesus has done for me and my family.

I hope I have explained everything I am feeling/thinking well enough. I have never stopped believing, nor have I ever rejected God and never will. It hurts my heart to see or hear people say things against God. I love God so much.

-I wonder if it is bad that it took this long for me to finally grow this close to God
-Do I need to be baptized again? I certainly did mean it the first time and it was done correctly in the name of the Son, the Father and the Holy Ghost

God Bless you all! <3
No need to be re-baptised but you can
No thing as habitual sin , if you do sin once you're sinner, Lier has same destination as murderer after death that is Lake of fire there are no "levels" of sin just you living for yourself by sinning and wasting your life instead of working for Kingdom of God.

Baptism does not save nor the act of it , you can get saved in desert and die and go to heaven. It's act of showing everybody around that you accepted Christ same as Marriage usually in church so everybody can witness it ect.

Your body will always sin cuz it has sin nature while you are new creature don't sin. Some verses of apostle Paul below

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

^Writter of most part of New Testament confessing he does evil , even tho he could perform miracles and heal others ect. gave gospel to everybody he could not escape it himself .

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Baptism is indelible. It does not guarantee salvation, but marks you as a member of Christ's church and gives grace. If a person is baptized young, then falls away, he's in the same situation as one who doesn't fall away.

That is to say, he still needs to make a commitment to Christ as Lord and Savior at some later date. You've done that, so there's no repeat Baptism, only a renewed commitment as a baptized person who fell but repented.

There are people who will "baptize" you two, three, or four times, and there are people who get "baptized" every time they think they've sinned. But the answer is still "no," and that's the answer that most Christian churches will give you, too, although not the one that you apparently belong to. It probably teaches that Baptism is just a symbol of your commitment.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

God Bless you all! <3

I think you are good to go, you are aware of your faith, and your earlier baptism, and you have faith in an trust God for your salvation, at 25, that's awesome.

I was raised in a nominally Mormon household, I was baptised at eight as well. Later in my life I truly found God, my pastor asked me about my Mormon baptism, I explained it to him as best I could, and he felt I should be rebaptized, I was around 35 or so.

Habitual sin like viewing inappropriate contentography Is difficult to beat, hats off to you. You can receive forgiveness whenever you are contrite about your sin, and God will forgive you and give you strength to resist further temptation. However, we have a sinful nature, what Martin Luther called the "the old man on our back!" Humans will deliberately and accidentally sin as well...every single day of our life, if anyone tells you otherwise they are misinformed. If we could lead sinless lives, there would be no need for a savior. Sin should be taken very seriously, and we should try our best to live out our faith, and be of service to God, and our fellow man.

Remember this, if heaven is a place for only non sinners...it will be empty.

Do not despair, God is there for you, he knows everything about you, so feel free to go to him in prayer. Additionally, if you have sincerely asked God for forgiveness, then you have it...move forward, it's that simple.

I wish you the very best young man.

Upvote 0

Trev T

Mar 20, 2021
Saskatchewan
✟9,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've struggled and continue to with inappropriate contentography. I can't get myself to leave the house, so I just sit in this mental filth world, unable to escape. I know this isn't good, and God isn't going to say "well, you couldn't leave the house, so your inappropriate contentography addiction was fine." I don't know what to do to get outside though. I'm so bad off. I've never been baptized. I've just danced this hell dance forever. I know Christ is the risen King. I know he constantly puts these weird coincidences in front of me. Here is one.. I always see the most bizarre correlations with my birthday. Then yesterday i posted in the chaplain forum, and the chaplain said, it's cool that we have the same birthday. There is more. I don't know how God doing so much could have me doing so little.

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2021
North America
✟9,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God Bless you all! <3
if you were baptized for believing Jesus is the Son of God that he died for you sins on the cross you repented of sins and confessed Jesus as lord and savior you hear the gospel preached. you do not need to be baptized again you when you sin if it is a private sin no one knows of you can ask forgiviness yourself. if it is a public sin everyone knows about then you need to go before the Church and confess sin and ask for prayers of your Christian brothers and sisters. when you sin you need to get back on the horse so to speak and start over you need to have some Christian pray for your forgiveness then take it one minute one hour and one day at a time and not sin again on purpose. also you can not change nothing by worrying you can not change your hight or you color of hair by worrying about things that are Gods to worry about turn everything over to God and he will help you through everything. a Saint of God

Reactions: ClintPJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 6, 2021
North America
✟9,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
if you were baptized for believing Jesus is the Son of God that he died for you sins on the cross you repented of sins and confessed Jesus as lord and savior you hear the gospel preached. you do not need to be baptized again you when you sin if it is a private sin no one knows of you can ask forgiviness yourself. if it is a public sin everyone knows about then you need to go before the Church and confess sin and ask for prayers of your Christian brothers and sisters. when you sin you need to get back on the horse so to speak and start over you need to have some Christian pray for your forgiveness then take it one minute one hour and one day at a time and not sin again on purpose. also you can not change nothing by worrying you can not change your hight or you color of hair by worrying about things that are Gods to worry about turn everything over to God and he will help you through everything. a Saint of God

P.S. if you have any doubt that you are saved or think you may of been too young to be baptized for the right reasons. you need to be baptized again. if you are saved already you are just getting wet again. so remove all doubt and stop being double minded. James 1:3-8 should help you decide and help you to stop doubting that you are saved. There is no harm in being baptized again. because if you are already saved you are just getting wet. but also you are making sure of you salvation there is no shame in that.

also don't lust after naked bodies or anybody for that matter. Jesus said you commit adultery with that person in your heart when you lust for them. that is why Paul tells us if you can not control your passion it is better to marry read 1 Corinthians chapter 7 for a clearer picture.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless you all! <3
No, you don’t need to be baptized again; just live out your baptism, and follow Christ.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When you were baptized, were you aware of what you were declaring and did so as a result of belief?

The question of re-baptism is a pretty major divide among a lot of churches. As far as the spiritual value of it, most agree a single baptism is effective and any further baptism is just getting dunked/sprinkled with water with no real value in the spiritual economy. If you were baptized as a believer, rather than an infant, I don't believe a single church would advocate a second baptism.

Churches that practice "believer baptism" - only baptizing people who have already been saved - consider sprinkling water on a baby's head nothing more than getting hair wet. They encourage everyone who was baptized during infancy to get baptized again. No churches recommend a second baptism for anyone who was saved, rejected God for a while, and came back to Him. I totally agree with this.

Upvote 0

CatsRule2020

Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I do not think any 8 year old has the capacity to understand all the dynamics of life,the metaphysical, and the New Testament.

1 Peter 3:21
New International Version

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

I think this passage is pointing to your need.

• Winner
Reactions: Nova2216
Upvote 0

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

God Bless you all! <3

Did your pastor show you the scripture which says for the alien sinner to ask for forgiveness?

I know many people teach this but I know of no verse which teaches such a thing. (after the ress. of Jesus)

There are scriptures which speaks of the Christian who is caught up in sin to pray for forgiveness. (Acts 8:13-24) (1Jn 1:9)

But the above scripture is for Christians and not the alien sinner spoken of in (Eph. 2:12).

Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Is baptism merely a symbol with no spiritual transformation attached? Then baptize every day if that's what suits you. Jewish sects practice rebaptism. However, the New Testament doesn't seem to recommend rebaptism.

Water baptism is included in the salvation process.

* Those in (Acts 2) obeyed the gospel by following (Acts 2:38,47).

Ac 2:37 ¶ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Ac 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

* Those in (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40) obeyed the gospel.

Ac 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

Ac 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Ac 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Ac 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: 33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. 34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

* The Jailer obeyed the gospel in (Acts 16:30-34).

Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. 32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. 34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Question - Why was the Jailer (and his family) out in the dark, at midnight, looking for water?

Why not wait until daylight?

Why not wait a week later?

Here is the reason - (Mark 16:16) (Gal. 3:27) (Rom. 6:3-6,16-18)

Ga 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

(Rom. 6:16-18)

16. Decide who to serve.
17. Obey a certain doctrine (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40) (Acts 2:38,47) (Col. 2:11,12)
18. Being then freed from sin, ye became a servant of righteousness. (Christians)

* Paul obeyed the gospel in (Acts 22:16).

1. Arise
2. Be Baptized
3. Wash Away Your sins

Did Paul come to baptism thinking his sins had "already" been forgiven?

OR

Did Paul come to baptism thinking he "needed" to have his sins forgiven?

1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 ¶ The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us

True or False

Check this out -

What Happens At Baptism? - Johnny Robertson - Bing video

Fast forward the video about 5-10 minutes and it will begin.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really don't know whether one should get baptised repeatedly, as we are human and will always struggle with sin here & there. If you had genuinely received God, as your Lord and personal Saviour, the 1st time you got baptised then, I'm sure it would have been enough.

But also I guess there are times when one will depart from the faith totally after having had been baptised, and when they come back to God, they may start to feel a strong conviction to get re-baptised.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I really don't know whether one should get baptised repeatedly, as we are human and will always struggle with sin here & there. If you had genuinely received God, as your Lord and personal Saviour, the 1st time you got baptised then, I'm sure it would have been enough.
The "problem with Baptism" is that everybody knows about Baptism, but many don't know what it's supposed to be and do. It's not an Evangelical substitute for the Catholic sacrament people call Confession. It's also not something we do for God. The opposite is the case.

It is--and the Bible shows us this--the sacrament that initiates us into Christ's church, that assures us of his everlasting connection to us (even when we fall), and it grants us grace for daily living. None of that is erased simply because we yield to temptation and commit sins. Baptism is indelible.

So Baptism cannot be repeated, no matter how many times a person asks some church (or the other way around) for a repeat ceremony. Not even if we go through the motions a second or third or fourth time.

Depending on one's denomination, Confirmation addresses that need or, in some cases, there is a formal rededication of some sort upon the person's return to the local church.

But also I guess there are times when one will depart from the faith totally after having had been baptised, and when they come back to God, they may start to feel a strong conviction to get re-baptised.
I'm sure they feel it, just as you said. But Baptism isn't the solution. That person has already become one of God's own and simply had fallen off the wagon for awhile. It's not as though he's a stranger coming to God for the first time.

Upvote 0

Synergist

Aug 1, 2022
Memphis
✟15,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It was Confession and Chrismation in my return back to the Eastern Orthodox Faith. I was born Orthodox, left the Church, and came back to it. At that point I went through confession and was anointed (seal of the Holy Spirit) through chrismation.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is only one Baptism, and you were Baptized.

Myself in my religion, I was Baptized as an infant. It wasn't out of my faith
that I was Baptized, but my parents.

Later in life, I was old enough and aware enough to surrender to Jesus and
He came into my life and healed me.

Yeah, I still sinned after, but repent when I do. It's part of our fallen state.
It gets easier as you age, trust me, but we are still sinners.

Don't get scrupulous about how you've lived. Just turn to Christ and repent,
again, even if it's the thousandth time.

Upvote 0