• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Do I have to accept Jesus inside my head all day long?

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I'm having a problem with a voice in my head. All day long this voice tells me to accept Jesus. Sometimes I yes (that I accept Jesus). Other times I fail to accept Jesus in my head. This voice inside my head tells me that if I don't accept Jesus all the time in my head then I am sending myself to hell.

Is this true? I feel like it is unfair that I have to accept Jesus over and over again inside my head, constantly agreeing with this voice. Shouldn't I just have to accept Jesus one time and then it is over with? I tell the voice that Jesus doesn't have to sacrifice himself over and over again for our sins. Once was enough.

So is it okay if I don't agree with this voice over and over all day long? I'm afraid that I am sending myself to hell by not constantly agreeing with this voice. It's hard for me to have that kind of faith over and over all day long.

Thank you,

SnowTiger

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ignore the voice in your head, Snowtiger. I know that is easier said than done, but no Spirit of God would keep threatening you with hell or damnation or anything like that unless you are saying literally all day long in your head or by your mouth that you accept Jesus, day in and day out. If we literally had to keep saying several times throughout the day that we accept Christ in order to be "truly saved", then surely the Bible would have made that a clear command that we have to do. You have to stop taking stock in or giving ear to these threatening voices out of fear of hell; this is not the way God tells us to operate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ignore the voice in your head, Snowtiger. I know that is easier said than done, but no Spirit of God would keep threatening you will hell or damnation or anything like that unless you are saying literally all day long in your head or by your mouth that you accept Jesus, day in and day out. If we literally had to keep saying several times throughout the day that we accept Christ in order to be "truly saved", then surely the Bible would have made that a clear command that we have to do. You have to stop taking stock in or giving ear to these threatening voices out of fear of hell; this is not the way God tells us to operate.

Thank you. I will try not to believe it. The thing is this is the nice voice. It seems a lot nicer than the ugly mean voice that I hear. So I try to do what it says. I just don't have the faith to constantly agree with it over and over again. The voice says I am sending myself to hell by not agreeing with it, but I have a hard time agreeing with it all the time. My faith isn't perfect all day long.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My faith isn't perfect all day long.

No one's is, I imagine. Otherwise the Bible wouldn't bother to say that Jesus is both the Author and the Finisher of it.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I'm having a problem with a voice in my head. All day long this voice tells me to accept Jesus. Sometimes I yes (that I accept Jesus). Other times I fail to accept Jesus in my head. This voice inside my head tells me that if I don't accept Jesus all the time in my head then I am sending myself to hell.

Is this true? I feel like it is unfair that I have to accept Jesus over and over again inside my head, constantly agreeing with this voice. Shouldn't I just have to accept Jesus one time and then it is over with? I tell the voice that Jesus doesn't have to sacrifice himself over and over again for our sins. Once was enough.

So is it okay if I don't agree with this voice over and over all day long? I'm afraid that I am sending myself to hell by not constantly agreeing with this voice. It's hard for me to have that kind of faith over and over all day long.

Thank you,

SnowTiger

I had the same the first few months as a Christian. It's just the devil and the sin doing their bits. Remember satan was a liar from the beginning, he's doing his best to deceive you. Jesus defeated satan on the cross once and for all.

In a way it is good that you are experiencing tjhis. Why? To show you how utterly dependent you are on God, that there is absolutely nothing you can do. Cry out say God please help, I depend on you, I surrender my all. Remember the sermon on the mount and the 'poor in spirit' will be filled and this means knowing there's absolutely nothing you can do for your salvation that it is the Holy Spirit doing all the works in you. Ask the Father in Jesus's name.

Even now when I know that I am saved, that I am sealed by the Spirit I still keep fighting with my old self and all Christians will do so until they die and get new bodies, because although we are saved in spirit, we still live in Adam's sinful body and this sinful flesh will always fight our spirit. It shows how much more we are depended on the works of the Holy Spirit. But with all this comes hope, that one day this will all forever end.

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Thank you,

SnowTiger
That voice inside your head is a voice that wants to cause you stress, wants you to doubt. The voice wants you to believe that the death on the cross was all in vain and you actually have the power to save yourself from your own sins. Why else would it keep telling you to keep accepting and if you don't, you will go to hell. From my own persective, that sounds like the voice is basically saying, "You have the power to save yourself from your sins. The moment you stop accepting Jesus, that's the moment you'll go to hell."

That's far from the truth, SnowTiger.

Cool thing about salvation is that Jesus died once - and that was enough. And that was for you.

"And by that will, we have been made holy of Jesus Christ once for all." Hebrews 10:10​

Anything that is not of God (demons and the enemy) have no authority over you and Jesus has LITERALLY given you that authority to trample over that.

The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.” Luke 10:17-20
Take that authority. Rebuke it. "In Jesus' name, I rebuke these doubts. There is no fear in the name of Jesus for You cast out all the fear. Help me to remember of the good things, of the death on the cross, that I do not worry anymore about my salvation. My salvation comes from You and You alone."

And then, think of the good things, think of the heavenly things.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." (Philippians 4:6-8).​

Upvote 0

HIS-SERVANT

Apr 24, 2020
Georgia
✟7,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I will try not to believe it. The thing is this is the nice voice. It seems a lot nicer than the ugly mean voice that I hear. So I try to do what it says. I just don't have the faith to constantly agree with it over and over again. The voice says I am sending myself to hell by not agreeing with it, but I have a hard time agreeing with it all the time. My faith isn't perfect all day long.

Thanks,

SnowTiger
You are in need of deliverance my friend. You are dealing with demons. Demons do lots of things against man however the main three objectives are to harass, torment, and oppress.

The scripture says you must be renewed in the spirit of your mind. EPHESIANS 4:23
Romans 12:2 says that you must be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Romans also commands us to present our bodies to God as a living sacrifice in verse 1.

If you do not obey the commandments you have no weapons against satan and will be subject to his attacks.
His ultimate goal is to destroy you.

People should not tell you to ignore this you must deal with it.

If you fast and pray and separate yourself unto God to draw closer to him you will be surprised with the results but you must be sincere.
Jesus drives out demons when he see's childlike submission, obedience and a loving desire to serve HIM.

SIN in your life will keep them there, if they leave and you go back to sin you will be bound much worse.

This is a spiritual war not a casual book study. Study to show yourself approved unto God as a workman not being ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth.

The armour of God in EPHESIAN 6 will protect your mind as well as the wisdom from the scriptures of God.

Check your life, your doctrine, your affiliations, things in your house, what you wear and partake in, read, listen to etc.

Everything is not of God.
I hope this helps you get into action. In Jesus name.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi,

Thank you,

SnowTiger
Believing in the heart is what saves us. If you have voices in the head, they are not from God and you need to resist them. Command the thoughts to get out of your mind.

Never speak out of your mouth any thought of doubt and unbelief. It is good to confess regularly that Jesus is Lord.
Romans 10:9 "...because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
It is not "saved" in the sense of your initial, born again experience. That can never be lost. It is "saved" in the sense of "delivered". The Truth will set you free. Satan hates to hear "Jesus is Lord". When we agree with God's word, our faith gets stronger.

Upvote 0

Allen of the Cross

Apr 25, 2020
Kentucky
Visit site
✟26,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also went through this. It eventually went away. My medication helped tremendously, as did reading and understanding the bible more and more. But mostly the medication. Christianity and mental illnesses do not often mix well, but I know Christ cares about us deeply, too.

But yeah, I hope this helps: think of Jesus Christ like a door. You don't have to exit the door and re-enter to stay within the house, or to go room-to-room. Nah, brother. You enter the door once, and you're in.

Or think of it like this, maybe this will help: once you have a healthy flower going, you don't have to keep planting the seed over and over again. That analogy is a little weird.. oh well, I hope you find it enjoyable.

PM me sometime if you want. I have schizophrenia + bipolar, also called schizoaffective. We can talk about anything you like.

God be with you, brother.

Upvote 0