Do homosexuals love or lust for each other ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear about your life story, but sooo happy to hear you met Jesus and He freed you!!! I was freed from my share of demons, too, just so awful to mention. Bad experiences as a child started it off for me as well, but a day came that I turned 180 degrees thanks to Jesus..
Amen brother and thank you. Looking at it now I see how God used it all for His glory. God physically stopped me from sticking the broken neck of a wine bottle in his neck. It was broken bottle because I wore the full one of his face and decked him. Just when I stood over his aching, smashed face, wailing in pain body, I remember wanting and willing to kill him, but I couldn’t move. It was years afterwards I met Jesus but now I know it was a Him who saved me from a most definite life imprisonment. God, I just love you x x

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abominations aren't tied to what is and what is not natural. Shellfish are natural but still an abomination.
For something to be unnatural, it has to be outside of nature. and sexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality or homosexuality are all in nature
Their all in nature because it’s occuring within mankind
However, the behaviour of these multiple sexualities is unnatural as in its not how God created it. There’s a differance
As for shellfish, your referring to Leviticus. “They are to be an abomination onto you” meaning they are to be detestable to us. Fast forward from the law because the law is no longer in action because of Jesus, jesus has declared all things clean. He does however still state that gays are going to hell.
Abominations onto God and abominations onto us
Again, there’s a differance

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gay people are choosing to be gay. Most gay people have either been abused sexually, physically or mentally and are rebelling against thier abuse. I got stalked one night walking home by a young gay lad. When I asked him why he’s following me, he said he fancied me. Long story short as I explained that he wasn’t born gay, I asked Him had anybody abused him when he was younger. He laid it all out about his dad doing explicit things to him as a child.
Now tell me this isn’t demonic, but when I tried to free him from his gayness and I used the name of Jesus, he turned from being a shy, broken lad into a vicious enraged man. His eyes broadend and started shouting weirdo at me. As He scattered down the road he continued hurling insults at me. I’m the weirdo even though he stalks men at night lol.
And you mean to tell me because a scientist and those in medicine claim that sexuality differences are natural?
Please buddie, don’t not fall for the lies.

I was the victim of a pedophile and went through hell in my later years. Thank God I didn’t become one myself as most victims often do. I did however rebel, I rebelled against anyone standing in my way. Nobody could stop me, the law, I didn’t care, the courts I mocked, the prisons were freedom for me, my partner and kids couldn’t change me, I was a rebel with a cause. My attitude was horrible. I made thugs look innocent. There was only one person who could release me from my demons. Yep, you guessed it, The man in High. I did counseling but to no avail because my story just made counselors cry and break down. This is my testimony of How God came into my life by the way.
I am sorry to hear what happened to you and I am glad that you have found Jesus. Many studies point to there being a connection between gay men and poor early father-son relationship. In many cases, the gay man had been abused as a child.

One psychoanalytic hypothesis for the connection between poor early father-son relationship and homosexuality is that during the critical gender-identity phase of development, the boy perceives the father as rejecting. As a result, he grows up failing to fully identify with his father and the masculinity he represents.

Fathers of Male Homosexuals

Homosexual men have great difficulty recalling childhood father-son activities that were fun, exciting and enjoyable and included success and achievement for the client-- a shared delight.

As we work with men who experience same-sex attractions, we hear that repeated theme--their inability to recall "a shared delight."

So much of what lies behind adult same-sex attraction is that deep, lingering, unsatisfied desire for physical closeness with a man. With internalization of the father's masculinity, there will be no need to sexualize another man.

Fathers, Sons and Homosexuality

Gay people not 'born that way,' sexual orientation not fixed – US study

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jude 1:7 would make it clearer what Sodom and Gomorrah were punished for:

just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7 ESV)

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No. It is not love to "love" a mirror image. Nor can a man "love" a man as a husband loves his wife, or a woman love a woman as a wife love her husband. There is no love in a homosexual relationship because it is utter selfishness.

As mentioned above, homosexuality is looking to a mirror image, something God has defined as an abomination and complete rebellion to His creation.
It's another human being. The DNA is different and the person is different and their experience is different. Perhaps have a chat to gay couples and see for yourself. Talk to the married gay and lesbian couples because your way off target

• Agree
Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sorry to hear what happened to you and I am glad that you have found Jesus. Many studies point to there being a connection between gay men and poor early father-son relationship. In many cases, the gay man had been abused as a child.

This notion is widely discredited by the mainstream of the mental health profession as outdated and doesn't stand up to actual research. And it doesn't reflect my personal acquaintance of gays as friends over the years. Furthermore, it places guilt and blame on parents for having gay children when it is unwarranted.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This notion is widely discredited by the mainstream of the mental health profession as outdated and doesn't stand up to actual research. And it doesn't reflect my personal acquaintance of gays as friends over the years. Furthermore, it places guilt and blame on parents for having gay children when it is unwarranted.
Do you have links that point to research with explanations on why this notion is discredited?
Actually the author of those quotes also wrote a book called "A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality", only just published in 2017.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
It depends.. Just like heterosexuals that hook up for the night. It could be lust.
But sex is just one part of a long term relationship... Of course they love each other.

I am not saying that God smiles on a gay couple. I am only saying that I am not God.

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the most famous case study in the failure of reparative therapy is that of two founders of Exodus International in 1976, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, who worked to "convert" gay people for three years, until they fell in love and left Exodus in 1979. In 1982, they held a marriage ceremony and lived together until Cooper died nine years later. "The desires never go away," Bussee said. "After dealing with hundreds of people, I have not met one who went from gay to straight. Even if you manage to alter someone's sexual behavior, you cannot change their true sexual orientation."

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the most famous case study in the failure of reparative therapy is that of two founders of Exodus International in 1976, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, who worked to "convert" gay people for three years, until they fell in love and left Exodus in 1979. In 1982, they held a marriage ceremony and lived together until Cooper died nine years later. "The desires never go away," Bussee said. "After dealing with hundreds of people, I have not met one who went from gay to straight. Even if you manage to alter someone's sexual behavior, you cannot change their true sexual orientation."
But that only shows that after a certain age, many people cannot change which sex they are attracted to (without Christ), it doesn't disprove the attraction being something developed during the person's formative years.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,746,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed.
The Statement of Purpose for this particular forum includes:

Same-Sex Marriage and Gay Rights and Transgenderism/Transexualism: Discussion of these topics must comply with the sitewide rule barring the promotion of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, and transgenderism/transexualism. Discussion and debate should only be directed toward political, legal, historical and civil rights issues, and should not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality or same-sex marriage or transgenderism/transexualism.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.