Do homosexuals love or lust for each other ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The very fact this is a question at all, that some debate gay orientation in the abstract, is dehumanizing.
I suspect the reason Jesus never mentioned homosexuality was that he refused to lower himself that far. God made his opinion of homosexuality very clear in the Old Testament. Why ever bring it up again?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Unless they're asexual, celibate people still have the same attractions as anyone else with attraction, which is what I meant by "anyone."
Celibates resist temptation.

Upvote 0

Smylie

Dec 24, 2017
Ontario
✟22,342.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The majority lust, the small minority actually love.

If you do some research you'll come to learn that hookup culture is running rampant with homosexuals at this point in time (even more than with straight people). It's not clean either- lots of unprotected and infection filled activities if you know what I mean. This screams lust and not love.

But then again, I'm straight so what do I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The majority lust, the small minority actually love.

If you do some research you'll come to learn that hookup culture is running rampant with homosexuals at this point in time (even more than with straight people). It's not clean either- lots of unprotected and infection filled activities if you know what I mean. This screams lust and not love.

But then again, I'm straight so what do I know.
I have done research. The culture of sexuality in the 21st century, particularly in the 16-25 age cohort, is more transient in their relationships. The advent of apps to facilitate "hook-ups" is a part of that transient paradigm with no evidence to suggest homosexuals are more likely to use it then heterosexuals. Indeed with the volume of apps available and used by straight adults, it would seem to favour a more transient culture in heterosexuals but theres been no decent unbiased research in this area. This changes though as an adult approaches late 20s in favour of longer term relationships and more permanent unions.

Theres no evidence to support the blanket statement of the OP which infers that if your straight then its love and if your gay or lesbian then your relationship is lust. From what Ive read here no-one has supported their statement with any evidence to support the view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
No it doesnt in the same way being straight doesnt mean youre having sex.
I suppose you are right if you are harboring sexual thoughts. I think the Lord, though, wants us to remove sexually immoral thoughts from our minds.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it safe to say that the Biblical authors had no idea of "sexual orientation". The philosophy of dualism pervaded the culture and led to black and white thinking. There was male and female period. Males were attracted to females period. Females were attracted to males period. Anything else was deliberate perversion. The idea of a homosexual orientation was simply unavailable in their world at that time.

The biblical authors were writing in a time and place where "Greek love" was common. Indeed, many biblical texts are in Greek! I find it hard to believe that a philosophy of dualism "pervaded the culture" of the time.

I think it's more accurate to say that the biblical authors staked out a very clear difference from the pervading culture of the time.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I suppose you are right if you are harboring sexual thoughts. I think the Lord, though, wants us to remove sexually immoral thoughts from our minds.
If you want to achieve that then you better sterilise the brains of 99% of men. OK Im exaggerating for affect but face facts - you men are designed to be the way you are -chemically your programmed to be like "OK girls Im ready". I find it irritating but I accept thats hormonally how guys are designed because at its most basic level guys are fertilising machines and seem to enjoy the job. :)

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
If you want to achieve that then you better sterilise the brains of 99% of men. OK Im exaggerating for affect but face facts - you men are designed to be the way you are -chemically your programmed to be like "OK girls Im ready". I find it irritating but I accept thats hormonally how guys are designed because at its most basic level guys are fertilising machines and seem to enjoy the job. :)
I'm not saying it's easy to do, but I think that is the object.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.