Do Holiness Churches (Nazarenes, Wesleyans, etc.) Allow Images of Jesus?

jinc1019

Christian
Mar 22, 2012
North Carolina
✟17,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. I have been searching and searching and couldn't find an answer to this somewhat basic theological question. Do Wesleyan and Nazarene churches allow images of Jesus? I know Methodists do, so I'm guessing Nazarenes and other Holiness churches do as well, but I figured I'd ask directly since I know Methodist and Holiness churches do have some differences.

God bless.

-Justin

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have seen Nazarene churches with pictures of Jesus and representations of the Holy Spirit, so it is not that they are totally against any image, but I am not sure to what extent it is acceptable.

Upvote 0

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Holiness churches today aren't fortunately nearly as legalistic as they were in the early 1900's so actually yes there are some, especially in my denomination the Church of the Nazarene where you will find images of Jesus. It really depends on the personality and makeup of the congregation though because you can walk into a Nazarene church that is very liturgical and you would definitely see pictures of Jesus inside of the church. You could also walk into another church that has all contemporary music, people are dressed casually, and the service feels more like a nondenominational church.

• Informative
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0