USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I didn't add to scripture..I was stating that the verse is referring to in John 11:25 is about spiritual living even if we die physically...Larazus is dead physically in this incident...
Oh ok.......Larazus died and was risen.....But Jesus said that you never have to die, if you believe. Do you believe Him?

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think so, there is no raped saints.

This is very insulting to the women who are Christian and were victimized by rape. This is a very bad attitude to have. I have a disability and can not walk so I wonder do you think me a non-Christian because of that? Are the women who get raped who are Christian non-Christian to you?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh ok.......Larazus died and was risen.....But Jesus said that you never have to die, if you believe. Do you believe Him?

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
Hello, yes this refers to our spiritual life...we died spiritually through our sins before we made alive in Christ through our faith...therefore we continue to live in faith which is believing then we will never die spiritually again...
If this verse is referring to physically living then obviously some believers should be alive physically today...

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know wordly women is not protected from rape.
But do God protect His chosen from rape?
God never promises an easy life free of tribulation to his faithful. He promises that hardship and persecution will come for them to test them. God also allows for our own free will to make decisions, and yes, while all of us are sinners, most people choose not to harm others with their free will. Some, make other choices, that cause harm. God has respected our choice in the matter and will judge in His own time. So if a man chooses to do that... God will let it happen, but he will be judged for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't think so, there is no raped saints.
There are martyred ones and God allowed men to stone them to death, a brutal, agonizing way to go. Those who cast the stones.. will get judgement in the end. But don't put faith in this flesh, it's gonna fail you, and bad things will happen to it. God promises they won't happen to the next body, but sin has already guaranteed they will happen to this one.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

So you believe you will live, in this physical body, on this fallen earth, forever? By your reasoning, you'd be the only "True Christian" to ever exist. Even all of of the apostles, their flesh failed them. They are with Christ now, LIVING, but not in a physical body, but that will change when Christ remakes this world anew and perfect.

Upvote 0

Strong10

Oct 25, 2019
Plovdiv
✟19,060.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God never promises an easy life free of tribulation to his faithful. He promises that hardship and persecution will come for them to test them. God also allows for our own free will to make decisions, and yes, while all of us are sinners, most people choose not to harm others with their free will. Some, make other choices, that cause harm. God has respected our choice in the matter and will judge in his own time. So if a man chooses to do that... God will let it happen, but he will be judged for it.

God is God of this world. Torment is not same as rape. I am from bulgarian orthodox church and we don't have raped saints. With one prayer for death, they died before this happen. God will not let this happen to any of his chosen. He is God of flesh and God of invisible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Absolutely, but unfortunately those things are the exception and not the norm.
Seeing things as God sees them is , for Biblical example, like "having the mind of Christ" (which is for all born again Ekklesia set apart by God for Himself in the world / out of every nation/ today.
It is rare, because Ekklesia are rare. (or "few", as God Says in His Word)
How many cities did Jesus Himself perfom miracles, healings, and raise the dead in?
FEW, a handful , considering the many cities in the world compared to the FEW cities Jesus visited.
How many cities JESUS VISITED, was JESUS not able to do many miracles in ? Some are mentioned..
they are the cities like most cities today -
But we should not discount them, lack of faith is a big reason failure is so prominent.
- yes, the cities with too much UNbelief. So it is just as written, why failure is so prominent ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God is God of this world. Torment is not same as rape. I am from bulgarian orthodox church and we don't have raped saints. With one prayer for death, they died before this happen. God will not let this happen to any of his chosen. He is God of flesh and God of invisible.
This is the same kind of message the pastors in one populated country told their assemblies - don't worry! God will NOT let us suffer! We will all be raptured! .... then those same pastors wept for years, after a million of their church members were executed/martyred for their faith, with or without torture, rape and worse, and/or an unknown large number of the members DID WORSE THEMSELVES !!!!!!

Likewise may be the future of the USA and Bulgaria, soon.....

Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Suppose Noah, instead of building the ark, sat back and claimed "God will save us". Would God have enabled them to dog paddle all that time?
Suppose also Lazarus, when Jesus commanded in a loud voice "COME OUT!",
had instead decided to stay laying down in the tomb, wrapped in the things he was wrapped in?
Suppose Phillip, when God told him to leave the grand revival and go to the desert, had instead gone to eat supper at Golden Koral , figuring God would take care of whatever - would the traveler from Ethiopia ever been told the truth then ? Would he ever have been immersed in the water in Jesus' Name and would he have been re-born, and would he have taken the GOSPEL back to Ethiopia and resulting in many there being saved ?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand, but tread carefully.....Because of the emotional nature of this subject, many would consider such questions to be blaming the victim. I dont think there is any reasoning to be had in such a topic, especially with those who dwell not mostly in the spirit. Since such is the case.....I believe these thought are best kept internal. We are not ready to hear that we could possibly bring such things on ourselves......or that we could possible prevent the same. So lets just leave these things to chance.
Sometimes the victim may be blamed, but I would not venture to say who or when.

Frankly, I think your attitude is cowardly. I understand the rapist is always at fault, but the question is not about the rapist, but why God would or would not protect a victim of rape. We may as well also ask the question, Why God does not protect the babies murdered in the womb? It is not something we can give a simple answer for, hence my saying that there are many factors.

Are we not adults in this discussion?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes the victim may be blamed, but I would not venture to say who or when.

If you are not willing to say who or when, why even make the statement to begin with?

Frankly, I think your attitude is cowardly.
I believe your attitude could be considered arrogant, selfish, and childish. Even Paul knew not to speak words that his audience werent able to bear......and you call this action cowardly?

I call it wise.
I understand the rapist is always at fault, but the question is not about the rapist, but why God would or would not protect a victim of rape. We may as well also ask the question, Why God does not protect the babies murdered in the womb? It is not something we can give a simple answer for, hence my saying that there are many factors.
Yes, sometimes when there is no answer to be found, none should be given. not sure why a specific act of violence is being targeted when the same answered could be gathered from less violent and emotionally charged acts.

If the intention was contention, you would be playing the game as it was intended.
Are we not adults in this discussion?
Read this thread.....did you find that all responses came from rational, well-mannered adult minds?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you believe you will live, in this physical body, on this fallen earth, forever? By your reasoning, you'd be the only "True Christian" to ever exist. Even all of of the apostles, their flesh failed them. They are with Christ now, LIVING, but not in a physical body, but that will change when Christ remakes this world anew and perfect.
Yes, When the Savior asked me that question, I said: "Yay Lord."

The way is narrow, and he that putteth his hand to the plow and looks back, is not fit. It is unwise to model yourself after others you deem true christians, Or make another mans highest level, your goal. We have a perfect example....why would we need another?

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, yes this refers to our spiritual life...we died spiritually through our sins before we made alive in Christ through our faith...therefore we continue to live in faith which is believing then we will never die spiritually again...
If this verse is referring to physically living then obviously some believers should be alive physically today...
So it seems that your answer is "Yes But" or "Yes with conditions" : You have to be talking about Spiritual death only, you must imply "never dies AGAIN", or "shall not die" (as never die would not make much since in your interpretation). And If these conditions do not apply, the answer is "No Lord"

But fret not, you are not alone.....for there are multitudes who will follow you down the road of death and decay. Only a few will know that death has been conquered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I call it wise.
Raymond, I called it cowardly because your attitude denies personal responsibility.
If a thief breaks into my car and steal my stuff, there are actions I could have taken to discourage the theft. The thief is still at fault for the theft and committed a crime, but did I leave my door unlocked? Did I park in a dangerous place? Did I leave items exposed? Taking personal responsibility to avoid and prevent a crime is wisdom, not "leaving it to chance."

Regarding contention, you began the contention. I merely pointed out that many factors are involved as to why God does or does not intervene. You implied I was foolish and might bring condemnation on rape victims.

Your comment is like so many other comments that refuse (not about rape, but faith) to acknowledge our part in believing the promises of God and are unwilling to acknowledge our lack of faith or unbelief. Oh, it was the will of God, some say, for this person to be sick or to have this horrible circumstance happen so God could be glorified.

When the disciples asked Jesus who sinned to cause the blind man to be born blind, Jesus's answer was not implying that God caused the man to be born blind for the glory of God, but rather the work of God would be manifest in healing him because of this fallen world.

Saying bad things happen as the will of God is a such a cop out. I am not saying you have said this, only that this is another example of excuses taken for not taking personal responsibility. Hiding our heads in the sand and saying it is "chance" is a cowardly point of view.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Raymond, I called it cowardly because your attitude denies personal responsibility.
If a thief breaks into my car and steal my stuff, there are actions I could have taken to discourage the theft. The thief is still at fault for the theft and committed a crime, but did I leave my door unlocked? Did I park in a dangerous place? Did I leave items exposed? Taking personal responsibility to avoid and prevent a crime is wisdom, not "leaving it to chance."

Regarding contention, you began the contention. I merely pointed out that many factors are involved as to why God does or does not intervene. You implied I was foolish and might bring condemnation on rape victims.

Your comment is like so many other comments that refuse (not about rape, but faith) to acknowledge our part in believing the promises of God and are unwilling to acknowledge our lack of faith or unbelief. Oh, it was the will of God, some say, for this person to be sick or to have this horrible circumstance happen so God could be glorified.

When the disciples asked Jesus who sinned to cause the blind man to be born blind, Jesus's answer was not implying that God caused the man to be born blind for the glory of God, but rather the work of God would be manifest in healing him because of this fallen world.

Saying bad things happen as the will of God is a such a cop out. I am not saying you have said this, only that this is another example of excuses taken for not taking personal responsibility. Hiding our heads in the sand and saying it is "chance" is a cowardly point of view.
If you reread my comments, without any preconceived notions, you would see that I, somewhat agreed with your but felt, that Others were not ready to hear it....so brace yourself. And I also spoke of no contention that I felt nor did I say you were giving any.

Now if you cant decipher friendly words, Why do you think other will be able to find good in you associating any blame whatsoever on a rape victim? Some things are better left un-written, especially if you have to conclude with "I dont knows" or " I cant say"s

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Suppose also Lazarus, when Jesus commanded in a loud voice "COME OUT!",
had instead decided to stay laying down in the tomb, wrapped in the things he was wrapped in?
Suppose Phillip, when God told him to leave the grand revival and go to the desert, had instead gone to eat supper at Golden Koral , figuring God would take care of whatever - would the traveler from Ethiopia ever been told the truth then ? Would he ever have been immersed in the water in Jesus' Name and would he have been re-born, and would he have taken the GOSPEL back to Ethiopia and resulting in many there being saved ?
Exactly. While God could magically make things happen, He prefers our voluntary involvement and cooperation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Exactly. While God could magically make things happen, He prefers our voluntary involvement and cooperation.
COOL!
HEY PETER ! Come on in, the water's fine ! YES< YOU CAN WALK ON IT ! :) WONDERFUL !

The other disciples did not walk on water... (at that time).... ONLY the ONE WHO DID, WILLINGLY !

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So no one should go evangelize to the homeless, the tribal, the imprisoned because it's too dangerous.

I generally cover myself here so remember, I did say:

So, at least for the most part we are armed.

Also, the OP said nothing about in the service of God, but just generally.

We are armed with Good sense, and we hear of people going to dangerous places in the name of God and getting killed, but how many more are protected....we just don't know. Use good sense to stay out of trouble but if it's worth the risk, that would be up to you.

One thing to consider when it comes to missionary work, if we put ourselves in a situation where the result could keep us from ever going even close to that situation again, fore physical or mental reasons, what have we gained?

Let's take John the Baptist, most of us figure that he was honored by God for dying doing the work of God, and he is, but. God let John do as he wanted (use his own good or bad sense) but I have to wonder did God think "John, John, what did you go and do that for? You would have been so useful to me down there on earth for years to come if you hadn't gone and gotten yourself killed."

Live to fight another day.

Upvote 0