Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I saw nothing of these accusations in the post you responded to. You are being guided by emotions and not logic and understanding.

I am responding to this: "God gives those who follow him the good sense to stay out of situation where rape could occur.". If you'd like to take a second look at my post, you'll see that I put the direct quote above my response in an attempt to avoid confusion.

Those examples were of Christian women and children who were raped. The above comment implies that they must have been devoid of good sense. That's very short-sighted, to put it mildly.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's part of the implicit rules in the original post and further posts. If you have to admit to this "God" fellow, along with "saints" and a "church", then the "Flood" thing goes along with the package. Now, if you throw all that out, then the original question needed no answer, and your participation in this thread is likewise nothing.

A great many Christians agree with me about the flood.

I have been a Christian for over 75 years and as I mature in the faith I find that great deal of the Bible cannot be understood in a literal way nor is it inerrant.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know wordly women is not protected from rape.
But do God protect His chosen from rape?
this op has dangerous implications suggesting that if you're raped, then your not part of God's elect. I'm not ready to commit to that statement.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because someone is in Christ does not mean they are immune to the suffering and evils common to all humanity. If the Son of God could be unjustly crucified, then...
....then we join with Him in His suffering.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it wise to not add to scripture. It said "Shall never die. Period!" Your addition would only makes sense if you can die spiritually....maybe annihilation...maybe by dying once spiritually and then being raised again spiritually?

But fret not....for you do not have to "Never die" Which is why it concludes with "Belivest thou this?" This is only for those who believe....If you dont....then you will Die Physically, and you will be right.
Hello, I didn't add to scripture..I was stating that the verse is referring to in John 11:25 is about spiritual living even if we die physically...Larazus is dead physically in this incident...

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know wordly women is not protected from rape. But do God protect His chosen from rape?
Please note that this is my opinion based on my experience because for years I knew I was His daughter but missed His protection over and over thinking He only protected a certain way, so I missed all the ways He was speaking to me.

People see it as He will forcibly stop someone from doing something, which He can but only where He is permitted to. But the way God mostly protects His children is by talking to them before something happens, but what happens when His kids are not aware of His voice or, worst, hear Him and ignore Him? Disaster.

I, and please note this is only me, don't blame anyone when something bad happens to me, I look back to where I missed His warning to learn not to miss Him again because He is always protecting.

He is indeed our protector, we are just missing His protection.

An example: I needed to be in a place at 6 am a few years ago. I was woken up by the Spirit in the middle of the night and I felt I shouldn't go, but I ignored His "voice" because I didn't want to feel irresponsible. It was dark, raining and my GPS stopped working a few days before. Since the place I needed to go to wasn't far away and I've been there twice before, I decided to try to make it without the GPS. A 15 minute drive turned into a 1 hour drive, almost crashed my car in the pouring rain and went back home after I recognized the name of a street. Next time I saw the teacher, she said she had to cancel the class because of the rain and because only one student showed up.

If something happened, its best if you find counseling to be able to process it. Just because I missed God's voice doesn't give the criminal permission to hurt me, but I do keep in mind if someone hurt me is because that person doesn't know God and I wasn't listening and being wise.

This is just me and how I view it. I can be wrong, but I can tell you of many other personal testimonies where my family and I suffered disasters because we missed God's warnings because we didn't know how He speaks, but now we know and we are wise and attentive.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A great many Christians agree with me about the flood.

I have been a Christian for over 75 years and as I mature in the faith I find that great deal of the Bible cannot be understood in a literal way nor is it inerrant.
Time does not determine truth.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Being a Christian does not grant us some kind of boon in this life, the injustices of this world don't discriminate--there is hurting, suffering, and brokenness here. It is therefore paramount that, as Christians, we be advocates for justice in our societies. That we look out for, care for, and be the advocate for the vulnerable, the mistreated, the hurting, and the disenfranchised. That we be on the side of the victim, that we promote the common welfare, and serve our fellow man in Christ's love and name.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems as though our list of things God cant or wont do, grows by the day.
There are many factors to consider. Is a person in rebellion? Does the Christian truly trust God? Is the person living a life where persecution could turn to violence? What carnality has been sown that may be the source of reaping such a thing?

Does God provide protection? Yes, if one trusts him and is abiding in his Son. Are there promises for protection? Yes, if one understands what the promise means and stands on the promise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God gives those who follow him the good sense to stay out of situation where rape could occur. So, at least for the most part we are armed.

Thing is, most are born with that good sense, I just think the Christian is more apt to stay away from the situations. And I said, more apt, as there are many a careful Atheist as wall.

As far as intervening if the need should arise, it's possible.
So no one should go evangelize to the homeless, the tribal, the imprisoned because it's too dangerous.

I know, that's an exaggeration (tho true). But honestly, you could be in a movie theater in Beverly Hills and not be safe. Yeah there are situations we should stay out of, but to say one shares guilt because of wrong place wrong time isn't really fair ... that's pretty much anywhere in the world these days.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, not always. If we were not protected by God, we would possible die today / in one day or less.
Luke 12:20 This very night your life will be demanded from you.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yahweh did not Plan nor Purpose for Noah to die in the flood, but rather to save Noah and the 7 with him as it happened, as it is written in Yahuweh's Word, unchanged and unchangeable.
Suppose Noah, instead of building the ark, sat back and claimed "God will save us". Would God have enabled them to dog paddle all that time?

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First & foremost, I would like us all to take a moment to pray for victims & perpetrators of rape; we all need God's grace to pull from evil actions & desires.

Signature, Alessandro Serenelli
Amen

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God does and has and will continue to intervene in the physical world in many ways. Healing, casting out devils, miracles, etc are all evidences of God intervening
Absolutely, but unfortunately those things are the exception and not the norm. But we should not discount them, lack of faith is a big reason failure is so prominent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rape is an emotional trigger for many which clouds judgement and scrambles words they read. If you desire scriptural answers on the subject, void of emotional outbursts, Why not use a different term? Say, "Does God protect His chosen from getting beaten up," for instances?

What value is there is using Rape as an example, when the main question is whether or not God protects His people Period?
Unless the op has been personally affected by rape. That would bring the subject to the forefront. I pray this is not the case.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

For he makes his sun to shine on bad and good people alike, and gives rain to those who do good and to those who do evil.

Mat 5:45 ff

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know wordly women is not protected from rape. But do God protect His chosen from rape?

God does not need to change a single moment of his plans.
But it might happen, God willing.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many factors to consider. Is a person in rebellion? Does the Christian truly trust God? Is the person living a life where persecution could turn to violence? What carnality has been sown that may be the source of reaping such a thing?

Does God provide protection? Yes, if one trusts him and is abiding in his Son. Are there promises for protection? Yes, if one understands what the promise means and stands on the promise.
I understand, but tread carefully.....Because of the emotional nature of this subject, many would consider such questions to be blaming the victim. I dont think there is any reasoning to be had in such a topic, especially with those who dwell not mostly in the spirit. Since such is the case.....I believe these thought are best kept internal. We are not ready to hear that we could possibly bring such things on ourselves......or that we could possible prevent the same. So lets just leave these things to chance.

Upvote 0