Do God’s promises for eternity matter if you don’t believe you will go to heaven?

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My friend...your wife is dead already. No matter how hard you cling to her, no matter how much you hate God nothing will change that fact. Life is fleeting, we're going to lose it. We're dead men walking, the only sure thing is Christ. Why hold on so tight to something that will one day be nothing? The only way to have your wife is to have her in Christ. So repent and believe the gospel.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was trying to understand why I don’t value the spiritual things God is giving me in my life compared to the more earthly things I want Him to do (mainly heal my 51 year old wife of the strokes she has had). I literally don’t want anything else from Him without that. Anyway, I started trying to figure out why they don’t matter to me. I finally came up with the reason: I no longer believe that heaven will be my destination. Partly this is knowing myself, and the fact that if He doesn’t heal her, I will likely never forgive Him(please don’t start about God doesn’t need forgiveness). All of the sudden the lack of worth made sense. So I ask you, do God’s eternal promises matter if you aren’t going to heaven?
Well I suppose if the promises don’t apply to you, they wouldn’t impact your life. That is, of course, up to you whether you want them to apply to you and if you’re prepared to do what is necessary in that regard.

I do know God well enough to know that if you try to blackmail Him by withholding what you perceive as your faith unless he do your bidding, it won’t work. Faith, by the way, he a gift he gives, not we give him. By threatening to not believe anymore is more akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face. Does you harm and Him none.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: aiki
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I finally came up with the reason: I no longer believe that heaven will be my destination. Partly this is knowing myself, and the fact that if He doesn’t heal her, I will likely never forgive Him(please don’t start about God doesn’t need forgiveness). All of the sudden the lack of worth made sense. So I ask you, do God’s eternal promises matter if you aren’t going to heaven?

I've read some of your other posts as well. It seems you are quite knowledgeable of scriptures. Then you also know that one is not to be motivated by any thought that's in their minds and as Paul said we are to cast down every imagination which exalts itself against the word of God. 2 Cor 10:5 As another has said here it seems you're pressure God with an ultimatum.....you either heal my loved one or we're done. What good would being done with God actually do you? It makes me think of when certain ones got offended at Jesus and he said to his disciples,

“You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.” Jn 6:66

Seeing there is no where else to go and let's stay REAL....seeing there isn't then say it's more in line with wisdom to keep pressing in, keeping one's spiritual life in tact until all things became clear. It did to those disciples when they came to term later with just what he meant by saying followers would need to eat his flesh and drink his blood. (the reason why others got offended) They came to know the why of things later.

And on the subject of divine healing.....I have to wonder just what you think about the subject. You could be wanting God to do something but consider that he might be wanting you to do something...as in doing much study on just how God heals, why he does or the things which hinder him or make it possible for him to do so. There's a great many questions people have about the healing subject and a great many answers as well.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should have read the originality. post. It isn’t that there is no interest, but that I am beat down to the point of rejection. I as wondering about meaning with the Eternal things of God if you no longer believe you are going to go there.

I read the original post, friend, and it sounds like one who has never received the "gift of life"! If you WANT and you have the gift of life to God and Heaven by receiving the Savior ---the Lord Jesus into your heart, you are on your way. Then it only remains for one to obey God by His "Word of Truth" --the Holy Bible, as the New Testament shows. If we are NOT yielded to God thus and are not walking and talking with our Savior daily and trusting Him, we will not see the blessing and care He wants to give us. He NEVER fails His 'children'! When we have the Lord Jesus in our heart, we are "sealed" by the Holy Spirit forever. Real saints have this hope and blessings. I hope you find it soon, friend (try reading such as John 3:16; John 14; etc in your Bible, and "all the counsel of God" as He bids us --New Testament first (if you have one). I will pray for you! -1watchman

Upvote 0