Do gays pushing for gay marriage realize what they are asking Christians to accept?

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,637.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well when you find that prohibition against marrying because of skin color, let me know. Then we can compare apples to apples.
Likewise, when you feel like addressing the substance of my argument let me know.
Likewise there shouldn't be a problem with us keeping the laws the way they are.
Unfortunately several judges has found them to unconstitutional. They have to be changed.

That's right . It is a basic math thing. Unless you have started chopping up people, 99%, 99.9% or 99.999999999% always has to be everybody but 1.

Seriously? You are that bad at math? Might want to take a remedial course.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You gotta have the scales off your eyes and sand out your ears to hear the angels singing.:thumbsup:

There's nothing wrong with my eyes or ears.

Oh cry me a river. Statements around here only seem to be bigoted and hate speech when they don't affirm yall's sin of the day.

Nope. Statements are bigoted because they are. No other reasons, really.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Likewise, when you feel like addressing the substance of my argument let me know.

When your argument develops some substance, I will.;)

Unfortunately several judges has found them to unconstitutional. They have to be changed.

You're right. We're in the process of getting rid of those bad judges.

Seriously? You are that bad at math? Might want to take a remedial course.

You're bad at statistics. You might want to start counting on your fingers.

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me explain it to you. "Marriage" needs a man and woman or there is no "marriage" possible. Living with someone isn't 'marriage" and having sex isn't "marriage," but having the remotest possibility of begetting siblings and becoming parents (biologically), and therefore be either a mother or father --- TOGETHER --- that is "marriage."

Homosexuals will do whatever they wish; however, it isn't for me to reward their values with wrongly applied terms in order to sooth their "feelings." Let them call it something else; however, I will never consider them a "married" couple. I'll continue to call it by the old fashion term, "SIN."

Let me explain it to you. Marriage by Little Nipper's definition needs a man and woman or there is no "marriage" possible. You derive this, I think, from what you infer from Jesus's pronouncement regarding the custom of men putting away their wives, and other Scriptural passages discussing behavior within marriage.

You have a right to hold that opinion. You have a right to state it publicly. But it is not the only possible definition. Mine: the relationship entered into by two people undertaking a formal vow that they will henceforth be each other's spouse, holding the other's needs, wants, and happiness as crucial to their own, and eschewing any possibility of the same relation with another while both live. Put more simply, saying: "You alone are the person I want to live with and love for the rest of our days, and I promise to do so with you."

One cannot impose one's own definitions on everything. (I know there are a couple of people here who would have issues with mine, even ignoring the fact that it allows for gay (and underage) marriages.) There are people on this board who would regard neither you nor me as "really Christian" -- though due to the rules they need to avoid saying so on this board. What matters to God is where our commitment is, not what someone else has chosen for an exclusory definition. And that's true both for "Christian" and for "marriage."

Added in edit: Oh, by the way... The word for what a father begets and a mother bears could be "progeny," "offspring," or simply "children" -- who would then be "siblings" -- brothers and/or sisters -- of each other. If your sex life involves {u]begetting siblings[/u], then the proper term to describe it would be one that the board's censoring software would instruct me to wash my mouth out instead of letting through. :)

And, as half of a very meaningful, God-blest marriage that did not result in children of our bodies but has nonetheless done a great deal of good for children abused or neglected by other, fertile types, I do want to stress that this "marriage equals children" crap is precisely that, and that by the very words of Scripture. Look at Rachel before Joseph's birth, Hannah Samuel's mother before his, Zecharias and Elizabeth expecting to die barren, Mary and Joseph themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing wrong with my eyes or ears.

then you should have heard them angels singing.

Nope. Statements are bigoted because they are. No other reasons, really.

Bigoted for the Way of Christ. Oh well. Works for Me.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
then you should have heard them angels singing.

Does anyone else in this thread hear voices singing? I suspect, friend, you are the only one.

Bigoted for the Way of Christ. Oh well. Works for Me.

I only calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,637.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
When your argument develops some substance, I will.;)

That actually made me laugh, touche. Likewise, when I find your analysis of your religious text relevant, I'll swing by. :wave:

You're right. We're in the process of getting rid of those bad judges.

And we are changing the laws. Wanna race?

You're bad at statistics. You might want to start counting on your fingers.

Perhaps I am. How does %99.9 of 1000 people translate into less than a whole person?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone else in this thread hear voices singing? I suspect, friend, you are the only one.

Amazingly, I just preached a sermon on Standing Alone.:wave:

I only calls 'em as I sees 'em.

If I'm standing on God's word, you can call me and my statements whatever you want and it will not bother me. I expect lost folks and confused people to think God's word is hateful and bigoted.

His word IS bigoted against all other attempts at presenting truth. i'm fine with that.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That actually made me laugh, touche. Likewise, when I find your analysis of your religious text relevant, I'll swing by. :wave:

Laughter is good. But I'll be praying that Jesus Christ saves you and allows you to swing by with a RIGHT discernment for His word.:prayer:

And we are changing the laws. Wanna race?

You ain't changing this one till Christ has called His people home.

Perhaps I am. How does %99.9 of 1000 people translate into less than a whole person?

you tell me. I said it was everybody but you. It's always everybody but one.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Amazingly, I just preached a sermon on Standing Alone.:wave:

Congrats?

If I'm standing on God's word, you can call me and my statements whatever you want and it will not bother me. I expect lost folks and confused people to think God's word is hateful and bigoted.

I do not consider myself either lost or confused. Besides, it's not "God's word" you are presenting, but that's neither here nor there.

His word IS bigoted against all other attempts at presenting truth. i'm fine with that.:thumbsup:

"Truth". Usually, when someone claims to hold the "truth" and have closed their mind to everything else, "truth" is probably what they're farther from.

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Blacks already have civil rights.:)
Because they fought for and won them.

Skin color is immutable.

You choosing to fornicate with someone of the same sex isn't.
I did choose to enter into an intimate relationship with my same-sex partner.

I did not, however, choose to feel butterflies in my stomach when she walked into a room, or to find myself wanting to call and write her all the time, or to have my heart go pitter patter whenever I saw her ;) I guess that's why it's called "falling" in love ...

What's your point anyway?

Reactions: selfinflikted
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I did not, however, choose to feel butterflies in my stomach when she walked into a room, or to find myself wanting to call and write her all the time, or to have my heart go pitter patter whenever I saw her ;) I guess that's why it's called "falling" in love ...

Good answer :)

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Congrats?

Thank you.

I do not consider myself either lost or confused. Besides, it's not "God's word" you are presenting, but that's neither here nor there.

You are spiritually lost and confused.

"Truth". Usually, when someone claims to hold the "truth" and have closed their mind to everything else, "truth" is probably what they're farther from.

So can I assume that your advice ain't worth accepting as the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,637.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Laughter is good. But I'll be praying that Jesus Christ saves you and allows you to swing by with a RIGHT discernment for His word.:prayer:

I'll take all the help I can get. Maybe he will provide me the evidence I need to believe. :wave:

You ain't changing this one till Christ has called His people home.

He better get a move on then.

you tell me. I said it was everybody but you. It's always everybody but one.

I don't understand this any better then I did the first time you said it. Can you be a bit clearer with your meaning?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Because they fought for and won them.

Gay folks fought and lost.

????

Ain't got nothing to do with civil rights.

What's your point anyway?

What's yours?

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You are spiritually lost and confused.

Hardly, but thanks for the concern?

So can I assume that your advice ain't worth accepting as the truth.

I've never claimed to be the holder of absolute truth, and can only present my perception of the world as I see it. Christians, however, claim to be the keepers of "truth" quite often.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me explain it to you. "Marriage" needs a man and woman or there is no "marriage" possible. Living with someone isn't 'marriage" and having sex isn't "marriage," but having the remotest possibility of begetting siblings and becoming parents (biologically), and therefore be either a mother or father --- TOGETHER --- that is "marriage."

Homosexuals will do whatever they wish; however, it isn't for me to reward their values with wrongly applied terms in order to sooth their "feelings." Let them call it something else; however, I will never consider them a "married" couple. I'll continue to call it by the old fashion term, "SIN."

And regardless of what you call it it will happen.

What would you call a marriage between a heterosexual couple that does not like nor want kids and will abort the fetus if she becomes pregnant?

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gay folks fought and lost.
Are you saying that gay marriage is no longer an issue in the U.S.?

????

Ain't got nothing to do with civil rights.

What's yours?
You said skin color is immutable, but fornication with a person of the same sex is a choice. Although I agree with you that sleeping with someone of the same-sex is a choice, I'm pointing out that feeling attracted to a member of the same-sex is not.

What was my point? To respond to your point (see my explanation, above). But I don't know why you think the immutability of skin color means one should be entitled to civil rights, and choosing a same-sex partner means one should not be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0