Do gays pushing for gay marriage realize what they are asking Christians to accept?

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Where did this happen?

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

1 Timothy 4:11
Command and teach these things

1 Timothy 4:13
Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Just to name a few.:)

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

1 Timothy 4:11
Command and teach these things

1 Timothy 4:13
Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Just to name a few.:)

Those letters are not addressed to Zaac.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The apartheid government justified its position biblically.

The apartheid government didn't have any Biblical prohibition for doing anything because of skin color.

And there are certainly Biblical prohibitions aginst women's rights.

There are Biblical prohibitions against men's rights too. God's RIGHT trumps our rights.:thumbsup:

You are allowed to marry the person you fall in love with, but you deny homosexuals that right. Please stop being faux naive.

<edit>
andreusz said:
funny how we demand to have the exact same rights you do

<edit> I haven't asked for the right to marry someone of the same sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Last time I checked, there was nothing in God's word personally addressed to anyone today.:)

So you weren't directly authorized as some sort of infallible agent to teach God's word to others, right? Zaac's reading of scripture could be, in fact, in error compared to someone else who reads it and comes to a different, perhaps even correct, conclusion?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So you weren't directly authorized as some sort of infallible agent to teach God's word to others, right?

Sure I was.

Zaac's reading of scripture could be, in fact, in error compared to someone else who reads it and comes to a different, perhaps even correct, conclusion?

Not if we are going to the same God and listening. As has been said many times, its easy to know who is listening to self and who is listening to God.

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The apartheid government didn't have any Biblical prohibition for doing anything because of skin color.
Exactly.

There are Biblical prohibitions against men's rights too. God's RIGHT trumps our rights.:thumbsup:
You know perfectly well that the Bible grants women fewer rights than are granted to men. And I doubt that a single Biblical author would have been anything but horrified at the idea of women's suffrage (unless Harold Bloom is right, and the first two thirds of the Old Testament were written by Queen Bathsheba).
Then that makes you a liar. You just said before
Originally Posted by andreusz
funny how we demand to have the exact same rights you do
Firstly, I don't think I said that ... I don't use gigantic fonts. And second, if you have the right to marry the person you love, and you deny it to me, how is that not denying me the same rights as yourself?

That's your lie. I haven't asked for the right to marry someone of the same sex.
For which we are all profoundly grateful.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sure did cause ain't no Biblical prohibition against folks being a certain skin color. There is one against homosexual fornication.:)
Oh no, they said it was against the bible and quoted scripture to support their position, same as you. Funny how that works, isn't it.

I'm not demanding to marry someone of the same sex.

Nope, you are demanding that everyone else follow your interpretation of biblical morality, and complaining when we have the unmitigated gaul to refuse.

99.9% would be everybody but you so obviously your math is waaaaaaaaaaay off.:thumbsup:

No, that would be almost everybody. There has been a grand total of 1 self proclaimed atheist in congress, ever. The vast majority of the people in power have been christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh no, they said it was against the bible and quoted scripture to support their position, same as you. Funny how that works, isn't it.

Like I said, show me where God's word says anything about not marrying because of the color of someone's skin. At best, those folks were reading into Scripture. We don't have to read into Scripture to see the prohibition against homosexual fornication from Genesis to Revelation. We don't have to read into Scripture to see that marriage, likewise, is exampled as the union of one man and his one wife from Genesis to Revelation.

Nope, you are demanding that everyone else follow your interpretation of biblical morality, and complaining when we have the unmitigated gaul to refuse.

I'm not demanding anything. Yall gotta follow the law just like everybody else. I can't marry someone of the same sex either so gay folks have the same prohibition on marriage that I have.

No, that would be almost everybody. There has been a grand total of 1 self proclaimed atheist in congress, ever. The vast majority of the people in power have been christian.

No. Thats everybody but you. It's a statistics thing.

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not demanding anything. Yall gotta follow the law just like everybody else. I can't marry someone of the same sex either so gay folks have the same prohibition on marriage that I have.
This is one of the stupider arguments put forward by the anti-gay marriage crowd. Let me explain it to you once again:
you are allowed to marry the person you are are in love with. You deny this right to homosexuals. Which bit of this don't you understand?

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Like I said, show me where God's word says anything about not marrying because of the color of someone's skin. At best, those folks were reading into Scripture. We don't have to read into Scripture to see the prohibition against homosexual fornication from Genesis to Revelation. We don't have to read into Scripture to see that marriage, likewise, is exampled as the union of one man and his one wife from Genesis to Revelation.

Funny, when I was growing up I heard plenty of Christians claim that the races should not mix (in marriage). And I heard those people say that it was those that didn't support interracial marriage bans were misunderstanding what the Bible clearly stated. In fact, the original trial judge of Loving v Virginia (the case overturned by SCOTUS that legalized interracial marriages nationwide) actually wrote some of the Biblical argument into his decision.

So if we try to pass Constitutional Amendments that only Catholic churches are considered Christian and no other Christian churches are allowed, then you won't have a problem? I mean, after all, it would be the law, right? Not to mention, you'd have the same right to worship Christ as any other person, so by the logic you appear to be using we wouldn't even be violating your rights.

I don't understand this comment. I'm not aware of Belk having been in Congress.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Talk to your fellow Christians, I don't care what it says. I just note that it looks like exactly the same arguments that where used to try to prevent other social advances. Time and again society tries to advance towards more freedom for others, and we see the same people blocking the way. Making the same arguments that their religion forbids such and such.

OK. Then when we change the laws there will be no problems

What are you talking about? If there have been 1000 people in congress, and only 1 of them was not a christian, what percentage is that? It's a basic math thing.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Talk to your fellow Christians, I don't care what it says. I just note that it looks like exactly the same arguments that where used to try to prevent other social advances. Time and again society tries to advance towards more freedom for others, and we see the same people blocking the way. Making the same arguments that their religion forbids such and such.

Well when you find that prohibition against marrying because of skin color, let me know. Then we can compare apples to apples.

OK. Then when we change the laws there will be no problems

Likewise there shouldn't be a problem with us keeping the laws the way they are.

What are you talking about? If there have been 1000 people in congress, and only 1 of them was not a christian, what percentage is that? It's a basic math thing.

That's right . It is a basic math thing. Unless you have started chopping up people, 99%, 99.9% or 99.999999999% always has to be everybody but 1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is one of the stupider arguments put forward by the anti-gay marriage crowd. Let me explain it to you once again:
you are allowed to marry the person you are are in love with. You deny this right to homosexuals. Which bit of this don't you understand?

Let me explain it to you. "Marriage" needs a man and woman or there is no "marriage" possible. Living with someone isn't 'marriage" and having sex isn't "marriage," but having the remotest possibility of begetting siblings and becoming parents (biologically), and therefore be either a mother or father --- TOGETHER --- that is "marriage."

Homosexuals will do whatever they wish; however, it isn't for me to reward their values with wrongly applied terms in order to sooth their "feelings." Let them call it something else; however, I will never consider them a "married" couple. I'll continue to call it by the old fashion term, "SIN."

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Let me explain it to you. "Marriage" needs a man and woman or there is no "marriage" possible. Living with someone isn't 'marriage" and having sex isn't "marriage," but having the remotest possibility of begetting siblings and becoming parents (biologically), and therefore be either a mother or father --- TOGETHER --- that is "marriage."

Homosexuals will do whatever they wish; however, it isn't for me to reward their values with wrongly applied terms in order to sooth their "feelings." Let them call it something else; however, I will never consider them a "married" couple. I'll continue to call it by the old fashion term, "SIN."

And the angels sang hallelujah!!! :amen::clap:

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
So - married sterile couples with exactly ZERO change of becoming parents are in fact not married at all in your book?

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And the angels sang hallelujah!!! :amen::clap:

I didn't hear any "angels" singing. What I did hear, however, was a bunch of bigoted statements made by a poster who apparently has no sympathy for his fellow human beings whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't hear any "angels" singing.

You gotta have the scales off your eyes and sand out your ears to hear the angels singing.:thumbsup:

What I did hear, however, was a bunch of bigoted statements made by a poster who apparently has no sympathy for his fellow human beings whatsoever

Oh cry me a river. Statements around here only seem to be bigoted and hate speech when they don't affirm yall's sin of the day.

Upvote 0