Do folks believe there is a devil out there anymore? Many don't live like it.

Soloworld

Mark
Jul 14, 2011
Great North
✟24,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder about this, because when I watch Christians behaving badly would they be able to detect demonic influence around them. I am thinking it would be kinda hard to if you behave in a way and think in way the devil promotes.
One easily seen way of knowing those who are following after someone other than God is by their lies. Jesus told those who were against Him. You are like your father the devil, he was a liar like you.
I mentioned this because as people are falling under the fate of the circumstances that these times are bringing like anti-God, drugs and promiscuous behavior they will also open themselves up to demonic influence.
Do we think demons have disappeared? Or have they just received a diagnosis? I believe God has, will and wants to free people from the power of the devil. I made this video because people do not give thought to these kinds of things much anymore. Jesus did say, "if you are a believer you will cast out devils"

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s more problematic IMO that people are behaving like they don’t know there is a God out there who created heaven and earth, and calling every man to repentance and faith in his son.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In regards to inserting the music, everybody was Kung-fu fighting, lol. However on a serious note there is some scriptural acknowledgment that different levels of physical actions like fighting behavior will affect the end results, when their boots hit the ground and they face the enemy. 2 Kings 13:14-20

Reactions: Soloworld
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder about this, because when I watch Christians behaving badly would they be able to detect demonic influence around them. I am thinking it would be kinda hard to if you behave in a way and think in way the devil promotes.
One easily seen way of knowing those who are following after someone other than God is by their lies. Jesus told those who were against Him. You are like your father the devil, he was a liar like you.
I mentioned this because as people are falling under the fate of the circumstances that these times are bringing like anti-God, drugs and promiscuous behavior they will also open themselves up to demonic influence.
Do we think demons have disappeared? Or have they just received a diagnosis? I believe God has, will and wants to free people from the power of the devil. I made this video because people do not give thought to these kinds of things much anymore. Jesus did say, "if you are a believer you will cast out devils"
Satan is a metaphor for an evildoer or temptation. Some people will receive correction, some will not. Some preaching made people give up lies, drugs, fornication, violent video games, etc. The devil was cast out. To successfully say, “Demon depart from him/her,” requires authority from God.

I read about one congregation where miraculous healings were taking place. It was so crowded people were outside even near the street unable to get in. The preacher was there night and day.

A different preacher boasted of healing the sick. He used to say, “You are healed.” Some answered, “I am not healed.” Sometimes he tried to cast out the devil by hitting them. Crowds were not waiting by his house for a chance to be healed.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are right. Now how can we combat this? By preaching the word of God and the truth of the whole word of God. People are living like sin isn't a sin because grace because that's what they've been taught rather than Pastors preaching on the warnings of 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and Hebrews 10:26-27.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think the problem isn't that most folks don't believe there is a devil "out there"
I think the problem is that most folks believe there isn't a devil "in there" *points to his heart*
If they understood that there was a devil "in there" they would want it "outta there" pretty quick ;)

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I do, I seen evidence when I was young and struggling in my faith because of so many Christians being hypocrites. Strange as it might seem, seeing the existence of the devil and his demons did more to bring me back to the fold than listening to preaching. This is because, if one side exists then the other side does as well. I went on from their using the Bible which I felt was solid to rebuild my faith and proved the Church was indeed foundation and grounded in HaShem even if some members were and still are hypocrites and sinners.

Upvote 0

Soloworld

Mark
Jul 14, 2011
Great North
✟24,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think sometimes in our own pursuits we can forget something Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Maybe it is just that we can forget our kingdom interests when we are in pursuit of our own interests. Just an observation and not an accusation.

Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think sometimes in our own pursuits we can forget something Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Maybe it is just that we can forget our kingdom interests when we are in pursuit of our own interests. Just an observation and not an accusation.

JS: It takes a lot more faith and trust to cast out a powerful demon. Have you seen The Exorcist? I read the testimony of a Roman priest who was an exorcist in Rome who said that film though faction, nailed the struggle true exorcist face when facing demons. That opened my eyes to how very much faith is needed and though i like to feel my faith is strong enough i not so proud to assume it is. I never tested it yet to find out as regards exorcising a demon.

Upvote 0

Soloworld

Mark
Jul 14, 2011
Great North
✟24,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
JS: It takes a lot more faith and trust to cast out a powerful demon. Have you seen The Exorcist? I read the testimony of a Roman priest who was an exorcist in Rome who said that film though faction, nailed the struggle true exorcist face when facing demons. That opened my eyes to how very much faith is needed and though i like to feel my faith is strong enough i not so proud to assume it is. I never tested it yet to find out as regards exorcising a demon.

Thanks for commenting, I don't think one should ever assume he has enough faith or not that is not what those set of scriptures say. And it is always right not to be prideful. Pride is really a word to describe a position or place we assume that wasn't given to us.
A simple example of that you could say was the prideful pharisees assuming they had authority over the son of God and exercised it wrong over the people. And Jesus rebuked them sharply and so they set out to kill him. That is the animosity that comes from confronting a prideful person.

But that not the case here JS you are a believer who loves God, right?

Jesus said to those who believe in the message and are baptised will be saved. And for the sake of using the word baptise it has been symbolised in water baptism as a symbolic sign making our conversion from our old life being born into a new clean life. But it is also a very literal word meaning being submerge into something until it permeates and changes the state being. Like a cucumber being emerge in a canning process becoming preserved and kept as a pickle. We become immersed through the Spirit of God, scriptures and the ministry of Jesus that is still on going in the earth that process changes us and saves us, in other words keeps us for His use as His.
So as believer Jesus said, "these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons" Not by our faith in our might or power or like in the video my fancy spiritual karate moves (lol) not those things, but that we believe in His name we can cast out demons when confronted with the situation that kind of faith.

I shared this video, because I do have concerns in the days ahead with rampant drug use and the ungodly things people are opening themselves to that you as believer you may be presented with a situation as unlikely as it may seem to you now in the days ahead God may want to free an individual and use you to do it. Not because you're this great person of faith, but because God has commissioned you to do it in His name! Do you believe that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for commenting, I don't think one should ever assume he has enough faith or not that is not what those set of scriptures say. And it is always right not to be prideful. Pride is really a word to describe a position or place we assume that wasn't given to us.
A simple example of that you could say was the prideful pharisees assuming they had authority over the son of God and exercised it wrong over the people. And Jesus rebuked them sharply and so they set out to kill him. That is the animosity that comes from confronting a prideful person.

But that not the case here JS you are a believer who loves God, right?

Jesus said to those who believe in the message and are baptised will be saved. And for the sake of using the word baptise it has been symbolised in water baptism as a symbolic sign making our conversion from our old life being born into a new clean life. But it is also a very literal word meaning being submerge into something until it permeates and changes the state being. Like a cucumber being emerge in a canning process becoming preserved and kept as a pickle. We become immersed through the Spirit of God, scriptures and the ministry of Jesus that is still on going in the earth that process changes us and saves us, in other words keeps us for His use as His.
So as believer Jesus said, "these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons" Not by our faith in our might or power or like in the video my fancy spiritual karate moves (lol) not those things, but that we believe in His name we can cast out demons when confronted with the situation that kind of faith.

I shared this video, because I do have concerns in the days ahead with rampant drug use and the ungodly things people are opening themselves to that you as believer you may be presented with a situation as unlikely as it may seem to you now in the days ahead God may want to free an individual and use you to do it. Not because you're this great person of faith, but because God has commissioned you to do it in His name! Do you believe that?

Soloword, you asked me: “JS you are a believer who loves G-d, right?

JS: yes, I try to love Him with heart, mind and soul, but my Martha side often drives Him out of my mind during the day. I despair because clearly Mary choose better, except Martha saw Christ in the resurrection as well that her brother would rise too because of his faith.

Also I know Christ said we could cast out demons and call mountains to move from here to there. I also strongly believe (from Paul description of gifts HaShem gives to us) that not all are call or will be called to cast out demons and move mountains. For example, my calling, spiritual gift (discernment) has neither of those gifts attached to it.

And I saw some of what you sought to do in that video but still worry about the risks if your message is misunderstood, particularly as Jews. I do not question your call yet as someone with a similar call, I am not certain the entire message will do what your seeking it to do.

Indeed if I hadn’t seen the potential within that video I probably wouldn’t have even bothered to start this conversation. People do need to turn from sin and look up! I also know how hard it is to be called but not given a clear road map. The trouble always comes in what was not said, but assumed.

Upvote 0

Soloworld

Mark
Jul 14, 2011
Great North
✟24,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Soloword, you asked me: “JS you are a believer who loves G-d, right?

JS: yes, I try to love Him with heart, mind and soul, but my Martha side often drives Him out of my mind during the day. I despair because clearly Mary choose better, except Martha saw Christ in the resurrection as well that her brother would rise too because of his faith.

Also I know Christ said we could cast out demons and call mountains to move from here to there. I also strongly believe (from Paul description of gifts HaShem gives to us) that not all are call or will be called to cast out demons and move mountains. For example, my calling, spiritual gift (discernment) has neither of those gifts attached to it.

And I saw some of what you sought to do in that video but still worry about the risks if your message is misunderstood, particularly as Jews. I do not question your call yet as someone with a similar call, I am not certain the entire message will do what your seeking it to do.

Indeed if I hadn’t seen the potential within that video I probably wouldn’t have even bothered to start this conversation. People do need to turn from sin and look up! I also know how hard it is to be called but not given a clear road map. The trouble always comes in what was not said, but assumed.

Thank you for the feedback. Don't you think that God also uses someone the way He does, because He knows how they will respond to His word when He hears it? And that is part of the uniqueness that God counts on in reaching people through someone.

If we guard ourselves to the point of perfection, we will not share at all. If what you are sharing is scripturally right even is all the words you being presented may sound like a jumble mess, it is how sometimes God speak to others. If you are genuine not doing things out of external motivation for ungodly reasons, but internal motivation to please God then God will bring you and the things you are present to others out into the light for those seeking God to see. You may already see into some of these areas where someone else has never seen at all.

You know there are very few looking and seeking the Lord, even though I wish we all did, specially many of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus said himself narrow is the road and few find it (paraphrasing), but we do the best we can to help people find the knowledge of God so they learn to go to Him themselves to grow, learn and know.

Sometimes how one explains that direction as right as it is, may not be as understandable in the way one explains it to that listener. Someone else explaining it a different way to that same listener may make it understandable to that person, but not understandable to another. This should be an encouragement to us to keep sharing and living for Christ, because what you share may only turn one to Him and that is God's decision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Satan is a metaphor for an evildoer or temptation.
Satan is far more than a metaphor, he is the highest of the fallen angels.

Some people will receive correction, some will not. Some preaching made people give up lies, drugs, fornication, violent video games, etc. The devil was cast out. To successfully say, “Demon depart from him/her,” requires authority from God.
We have already been given that authority to cast demons out. I know that because I've done it hundreds of times.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
JS: It takes a lot more faith and trust to cast out a powerful demon.
Casting demons out should be part of normal life for all Christians, those who don't do it are disobeying what Jesus commanded.
Have you seen The Exorcist? I read the testimony of a Roman priest who was an exorcist in Rome who said that film though faction, nailed the struggle true exorcist face when facing demons. That opened my eyes to how very much faith is needed and though i like to feel my faith is strong enough i not so proud to assume it is. I never tested it yet to find out as regards exorcising a demon.
The Exorcist is the last place I'd look to learn about deliverance from demons. And Roman Catholic priests instead of walking in the power of the Holy Spirit are filled with mumbo jumbo and religious twaddle, very little to do with what Jesus told the disciples.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Casting demons out should be part of normal life for all Christians, those who don't do it are disobeying what Jesus commanded.

The Exorcist is the last place I'd look to learn about deliverance from demons. And Roman Catholic priests instead of walking in the power of the Holy Spirit are filled with mumbo jumbo and religious twaddle, very little to do with what Jesus told the disciples.

JS: how many demon have you faced? How many have you accrually cast out of innocent victims? How did you handle their knowledge of your weaknesses and pride? How did you deal with their violence? Was it demons or metal illness and how can you tell?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
JS: how many demon have you faced? How many have you accrually cast out of innocent victims? How did you handle their knowledge of your weaknesses and pride? How did you deal with their violence? Was it demons or metal illness and how can you tell?
I've been casting demons out of people since the 70s, and the numbers may be in the thousands, but I don't keep track any more than keeping track of people I've prayed for over those years.
Although threats from the demons are common, actual violence is rare. Wisdom usually prevails, and we always pray a constant covering of the blood of Jesus.

Jesus commanded us to cast demons out, so why not get out and do as he commanded!

Regarding demons vs mental illness. A psychiatrist reading the gospels would undoubtedly claim many of the people Jesus dealt with had some mental illness or other, yet Jesus healed them all by casting the demons out. I hold the same view as he did!

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been casting demons out of people since the 70s, and the numbers may be in the thousands, but I don't keep track any more than keeping track of people I've prayed for over those years.

Although threats from the demons are common, actual violence is rare. Wisdom usually prevails, and we always pray a constant covering of the blood of Jesus.

Jesus commanded us to cast demons out, so why not get out and do as he commanded!

Regarding demons vs mental illness. A psychiatrist reading the gospels would undoubtedly claim many of the people Jesus dealt with had some mental illness or other, yet Jesus healed them all by casting the demons out. I hold the same view as he did!

JS: I run into demons but never had to face one in another. The closest was my friends husband and when he realized we had drawn her to a string faith he fled and sued for divorce. Yet mostly I run into people influenced only and these I have helped.

But when I read the testimony of that Roman Priest and the demons he faced I quickly realized my experiences are mild and I never faced a really powerful demon. I suspect the ex of my friend had one but I had no opportunity to test my faith in that situation.

I suspect most Christians experiences match mine, so we not had the opportunity to test our faith. I also not certain you seen those really bad ones either because as you said, "actual violence is rare". In the Catholic Church, we can take care of demon influence but for the really powerful and dangerous demons, usually and exorcist is called in.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
JS: I run into demons but never had to face one in another. The closest was my friends husband and when he realized we had drawn her to a string faith he fled and sued for divorce. Yet mostly I run into people influenced only and these I have helped.

But when I read the testimony of that Roman Priest and the demons he faced I quickly realized my experiences are mild and I never faced a really powerful demon. I suspect the ex of my friend had one but I had no opportunity to test my faith in that situation.

I suspect most Christians experiences match mine, so we not had the opportunity to test our faith. I also not certain you seen those really bad ones either because as you said, "actual violence is rare". In the Catholic Church, we can take care of demon influence but for the really powerful and dangerous demons, usually and exorcist is called in.
I suspect that the violence that Catholic church exorcists experience has more to do with their lack of the Holy Spirit and lack of Godly authority. The RC church places far too much dependency on religious mumbo jumbo, holy water, etc. than one what Christ did on the cross.
This can be seen in Acts19.-
Acts19v13Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches.” 14Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.
15And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?”
16Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

These exorcists thought their status with the church (ie. The Temple in Jerusalem) would give them power, but they were spiritually dead. Likewise many priests who think their religious status gives them power when they too are spiritually dead.

On occasion I've been threatened with murder by the demon inside someone, but they too are subject to the authority that is in the blood of Jesus, and they get thrown out.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suspect that the violence that Catholic church exorcists experience has more to do with their lack of the Holy Spirit and lack of Godly authority. The RC church places far too much dependency on religious mumbo jumbo, holy water, etc. than one what Christ did on the cross.
This can be seen in Acts19.-
Acts19v13Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches.” 14Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.
15And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?”
16Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

These exorcists thought their status with the church (ie. The Temple in Jerusalem) would give them power, but they were spiritually dead. Likewise many priests who think their religious status gives them power when they too are spiritually dead.

On occasion I've been threatened with murder by the demon inside someone, but they too are subject to the authority that is in the blood of Jesus, and they get thrown out.

JS: It could also be because your facing less dangerous spirits. I say this because you do not seem humble enough to handle anything really dangerous as you are so quick to judge those whose experience you know nothing about. I read their testimony and they scream strong faith and show it throughout the exorcism. So why your experience is so different? They posted theirs to teach, why are you giving yours?

Upvote 0