GrindingLA

Aug 15, 2016
USA
✟8,138.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been possessed or at least oppressed by demons since I was 10 years old (at the oldest, I may have been oppressed at an even younger age than that) but I don't know what I did as a child that made me vulnerable to demons. I read a book a few days ago that said there is debate as to whether demons can attack the innocent or not, so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong that made demons attack me. I went to Catholic school and I know that Catholicism is supposedly evil but if that's true then why didn't the other children in the class with me get possessed like I did?

Karole

May 31, 2016
USA
✟15,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any person Christian or not can be harassed by demons. It starts with your thought life. Everything is a thought before it's an action/verbal. Jesus told us lusting another is a sin. You start lusting in your thought life. That's an example for you. What you were exposed to as a child will effect your thought life as you grow up. No blame to anyone specific. A child takes in everything and often can't make sense of things as an adult can.

Once you become an adult, you are responsible for your thoughts. Demons can get a foothold on you by what you are thinking. The great news is you can change your thoughts! If a thought comes along that is negative/sinful, simply ask Jesus to take that thought captive and repent for it. Then move on and fill your life with things that improve your thought life and focus on Jesus. Don't berate yourself for the thought. Once you ask forgiveness, believe Jesus when he says you are forgiven and move forward. Eventually things will change inside you. You should be less bothered by demons. The enemy doesn't like a happy Christian. They'll go look for someone else that's an easier target.

I'd also like to address the Catholicism as evil. I'm not sure where you would hear such a thing and I don't agree. I'm not Catholic and don't agree with all their protocols but I wouldn't call it evil. It's a religion, imo, that is filled with man's rules not biblical rules as a way to control. I wouldn't blame Catholicism for demons harassing anyone.

I wish you the best with your thought life! It's not as easy as you think to change thoughts but it can be done with much practice. You just have to monitor yourself. Blessings!

Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read a book a few days ago that said there is debate as to whether demons can attack the innocent or not, so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong that made demons attack me.
Job did nothing wrong and yet was one of the most blasted by satan.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can look at it this way: If the devil is so interested in you, God must have something special and wonderful prepared for you. hopefully, some things you see here will help you discover this, and get you on the path that will leave all this behind once and for all.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been possessed or at least oppressed by demons since I was 10 years old (at the oldest, I may have been oppressed at an even younger age than that) but I don't know what I did as a child that made me vulnerable to demons. I read a book a few days ago that said there is debate as to whether demons can attack the innocent or not, so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong that made demons attack me. I went to Catholic school and I know that Catholicism is supposedly evil but if that's true then why didn't the other children in the class with me get possessed like I did?
Are you sure it was demons? Depending on what you experienced, there are other explanations. The whole world is swimming in things that make us vulnerable to all kinds of harm.

You didn't need to do anything to be vulnerable to Satan's kingdom. The only protection available there ever has been from them is what God grants because of Jesus Christ's death.

Reactions: Just_a_Joe
Upvote 0

Just_a_Joe

Sep 19, 2016
Canada
✟15,472.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

What makes you so sure it's demons? You state it as absolute fact. I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the same conclusion. Could you elaborate, please? Why demons? There could be other explanations, including neurophysiological or psychological, for example.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't know what I did as a child that made me vulnerable to demons.
You are human.
According to the BIBLE, all humans to start with are subject to demons , not just you.
According to the BIBLE, after one-third of mankind is killed,
the rest of mankind REFUSES to be set free from demons.
(they do not turn to YHWH, and they do not ask YHWH for help, and they do NOT REPENT OF SERVING DEMONS).

So, you are not alone.

Oh, According to the BIBLE, Y'SHUA gave power to disciples to drive demons out. Demons flee quickly from those who abide in Y'SHUA.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Demons are powerless unless God allows their shenanigans.
And often it is the person who allows them or gives them a stronghold in their life.

Note that in these last days, satan is permitted to physically kill , through many different agencies including guns, knives, ama pharmacy, poisons, pollution, heart attacks, etc etc etc
and martyrdom, satan is given permission to kill the saints in Revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And often it is the person who allows them or gives them a stronghold in their life.

Note that in these last days, satan is permitted to physically kill , through many different agencies including guns, knives, ama pharmacy, poisons, pollution, heart attacks, etc etc etc
and martyrdom, satan is given permission to kill the saints in Revelation.
also he kills through deception...

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
(Gen 3:4-5)

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
(Mat 24:4-5)
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
(Mat 24:11)
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
(Mat 24:24)
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
(2Pe 2:1)
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(1Ti 4:1)

Upvote 0