Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
You can't give him that right either. If you have been bought then you are not your own. You have no legal rights over yourself to give to another and you cannot buy yourself back from God as you have no way to make sufficient payment.

Good post Faulty. I like it. In fact, I like it better than my own posts in this thread. :cool:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
again, there is a relativity issue, they are defeated, we have been given authority, but they worked evil in corinth...so there is both...

2 cor 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan has no "legal" right to anything concerning a believer...
...but Satan does not abide by the law. The fact that Satan does not have a legal right does not mean he won't still try to steal, kill, and destroy in the life of a saint of God.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; --- John 10

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Satan has no "legal" right to anything concerning a believer...
...but Satan does not abide by the law. The fact that Satan does not have a legal right does not mean he won't still try to steal, kill, and destroy in the life of a saint of God.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; --- John 10

RDKirk has spoken well also.

one ferr each of ya...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whatever label is on it, sin impacts us as believers.

It doesn't mean that we're not saved but it's comparable to having the whole armour of God or not " Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." (Eph 6).

Or "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.” I Peter 3:7

Or " But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup." (I Cor 11:28)

Or After a list of what's included in lust of the flesh, "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

Or The Lord's Prayer
"...deliver us from evil..." Matt 6
"And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." The importance of forgiving

Some of the reasons the recent "no repentance" message doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am pretty sure God causes everything to happen just like in the book of Job. I don't believe demons have the ability to go against Gods plans regarding Christians and they can't possess a Christian. Think about it. If demons could do what they like to everyone there would be no successful Christians or church. Something stops it doesn't it? Gods in control of calamity, good and bad. No point worrying about it!

Lamentations 3

37 Whose command was ever fulfilled
unless the Lord decreed it?
38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that everything comes—
both calamity and blessing?
39 Why should any living person complain
when punished for his sins?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hear this a lot, that we can give demons legal rights to inhabit us through various means. Is that true and scriptural?

I mean Jesus set us free did He not? I thought He defeated Satan on the cross and paid for us by His own blood so we would not be subject to Satan any longer.

What do you think?

the only 'rights' they have is what we give them ... there's nothing legal in that ... and then it's not their 'right' ... it's our free will being stupid ... we give up our rights ... they don't take theirs ... they have no rights ... none ... nada ... the only one who could give them a legal right is God ... seeing He 'owns' the souls ... don't see that happening in scripture ... if we choose to give up our 'right' then it is by our choice ... nothing else ...

Isaiah 18:4 ... Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Luke 10:19 ... Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over ALL the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

the mount of blessings ... or the mount of curses ... we choose ... no one takes it from us or has a right to ...

Upvote 0