Do Christians desire to replace God with Jesus?

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you believe the Father and Son are two different persons/beings and they are both deity, then you have two deities/two Gods. I learned 1+1=2, not 1, a long time ago when I was in kindergarten.

:angel: Not when what makes them "Deity?" Is the same Deity!

What makes the Son different from the Father is that the same Deity is filtered through the Son's humanity as the means to reach humans in terms and ways that humans relate to. Yet, its the same Deity doing it. And, since the humanity of Christ is fully man, with a human will. That distiction differentiates between the Father and the Son!

Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not
come to know Me, Philip?

He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say,
‘Show us the Father’?

The Son is God's way to reveal Himself to the finite minds of men.

In essence.. Jesus is the PERFECT believer. The only PERFECT believer.

The PERFECT believer in whom God can fully entrust all His powers and abilities at the disposal of the will of the Son. After all. Jesus in His mind contains all the God we can ever know. Being, God manifested in a way we can know.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:angel: Not when what makes them "Deity?" Is the same Deity!
Do you have a verse that says the Son is deity? What do you base that on?

What makes the Son different from the Father is that the same Deity is filtered through the Son's humanity as the means to reach humans in terms and ways that humans relate to. Yet, its the same Deity doing it. And, since the humanity of Christ is fully man, with a human will. That distiction differentiates between the Father and the Son!
We are not told that "Deity is filtered through the Son's humanity". We are told the "only true God" lived IN the Son (John 17:3; 2 Corinthians 5:19)
The Son is God's way to reveal Himself to the finite minds of men.

In essence.. Jesus is the PERFECT believer. The only PERFECT believer.

The PERFECT believer in whom God can fully entrust all His powers and abilities at the disposal of the will of the Son. After all. Jesus in His mind contains all the God we can ever know. Being, God manifested in a way we can know.
I agree.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you have a verse that says the Son is deity? What do you base that on?

There are quite a few verses... You probably know them already and want to prompt me so you can show me how you have spinned them. Right? I don't believe you can not know the passages that Christians use to reveal the Deity of Christ if you have been taking your active stand against it.

But, let's see what you got.

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over
every power and authority."
Col 2:9-10

We have been brought to our own fullness in Christ... but, not the same fullness.

"The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation
of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word."
Heb 1:3a​

When you will see Christ in Heaven. You will be seeing God, as God can be made knownable to man.

We are not told that "Deity is filtered through the Son's humanity". We are told the "only true God" lived IN the Son (John 17:3; 2 Corinthians 5:19)

OK... John 17:3?

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

What about the context?

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may
glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people
that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." John 17:1-3

So, a man should give eternal a person life? Jesus did not say... assign them for eternal life. Or, even choose them to have eternal life given. He said that he gives eternal life!

and Jesus Christ,
whom you have sent."

Note how one is not to be excluded from the other!

They are to know both! Hypostatic Union! To know Him is to know the Father! For Jesus Christ is both man and the same Deity as the Father in union!

You ever see Moses make such a claim of his importance? Any great prophet? King David?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are quite a few verses... You probably know them already and want to prompt me so you can show me how you have spinned them. Right? I don't believe you can not know the passages that Christians use to reveal the Deity of Christ if you have been taking your active stand against it.

But, let's see what you got.
and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over
every power and authority."
Col 2:9-10
This passage says the Deity lives in Messiah, not that Messiah is "the Deity" or "Deity" himself. The Deity that lives in him is his Father YHWH who he said is the only true Elohim/Theos/God/Deity (John 17:3). The Deity also lives in me and every other believer.

"The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation
of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word."
When you will see Christ in Heaven. You will be seeing God, as God can be made knownable to man.
This verse says nothing about Yeshua being Deity. The word "God's" refers to his Father YHWH. He is the only true God and Yeshua is the exact representation/image of His character. The verse goes on to say;

when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
The "Majesty on high" is his Father YHWH, the only true Deity.

OK... John 17:3?

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

What about the context?

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may
glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people
that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." John 17:1-3

So, a man should give eternal a person life? Jesus did not say... assign them for eternal life. Or, even choose them to have eternal life given. He said that he gives eternal life!

The Son now has the power to give eternal life to people because his Father YHWH gave him that power by giving him life within himself.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in himself;

The Son did not always have life in himself. It was given to him at some point in time and it allows him to then impart that life to others. He has also been given that authority by the only true God.

and Jesus Christ,
whom you have sent."
Note how one is not to be excluded from the other!

They are to know both! Hypostatic Union! To know Him is to know the Father! For Jesus Christ is both man and the same Deity as the Father in union!

The union they have is not one of person or deity. It is one of purpose, goals, character, etc. All believers are to have the same oneness (union/oneness) as the Father and Son have.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Where do you find the term "Hypostatic Union" in Scripture?

You ever see Moses make such a claim of his importance? Any great prophet? King David?
Importance does not equate with Deity. Yeshua is the second most important being in the universe, but he is NOT the most important one. That honor belongs to his Father YHWH, the ONLY true God. Yeshua came so that mankind's relationship with YHWH could be restored. He is the mediator between the most important being and man. The most important being, Father YHWH, is Yeshua's God.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This passage says the Deity lives in Messiah, not that Messiah is "the Deity" or "Deity" himself. The Deity that lives in him is his Father YHWH who he said is the only true Elohim/Theos/God/Deity (John 17:3). The Deity also lives in me and every other believer.

and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head
over every power and authority." Col 2:9-10

Yes... Greater is He that lives us than he who is in the world. But, we are not walking in FULL expression of Deity. Are we? Apples and knishes.

He is the head over every power and authority."

That is not you and I! THINK!

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Son now has the power to give eternal life to people because his Father YHWH gave him that power by giving him life within himself.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in himself;

How does the Father have life in Himself? GOD!

The Son in the Incarnation had to give up having the ability to give eternal life. It was given to him at some point in time and it allows him to then impart that life to others. He has also been given that authority by the only true God.

Its the other way around. Eternal life did not always at all times have eternal life to give. For He was to lose that ability when he had to make Himself become as a man!

In the Incarnation He denied Himself all rights to the powers of Deity in order to make Himself become like one of us. For, He had been existing in the Form of God prior to the Incarnation!

Philippians 2:6-8 (take your pick of translations. I'll use this one for now)

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his
own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Once in His entered into his new lowered state (which was his required state to redeem man) the Father granted Him eternal life to give. For when He made Himself become as a man He had to leave behind all His powers of Deity in order to be tempted and suffer as a man would.

The union they have is not one of person or deity. It is one of purpose, goals, character, etc. All believers are to have the same oneness (union/oneness) as the Father and Son have.

What many miss? Is that to have two natures does not require having a human body!

First of all.. Jesus explained the essence of the God's Deity.

"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must
worship in spirit and truth.”
(John 4:24)

You do realize that God is not soul. He is "spirit." They were two different immaterial invisible essences to the Lord God of Israel prior to the Incarnation! .

In the OT, we see in Scripture the Lord God of Israel possessing TWO NATURES! Yes, before the Incarnation! Before taking on sinless human flesh to tabernacle within!

How was that?

Leviticus 26:10-12

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new.
Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul (God is spirit!)

will not reject you.'I will also walk among you and
be your God, and you shall be My people."

Judges 10:16

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst
and to serve Jehovah, so that his soul became impatient
because of the trouble of Israel." (two natures!)

Psalm 11:5

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one,
and anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates." (two natures!)

Isaiah 1:14

Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates.
They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them."

God is spirit! (John 4:24) Not, soul.

That means the Lord God of Israel possessed two natures in union even prior to the Incarnation! In the Incarnation the Lord God's soul entered the body born of Mary, and He refused to retain His right to the full powers of Deity that He had previously operated with as the Lord God of Israel! For he had to make Himself to be as a man. If not as a man? He could not die in our place!​

(Those OT passages state that He had two natures before the Incarnation!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its the other way around. Eternal life did not always at all times have eternal life to give. For He was to lose that ability when he had to make Himself become as a man!

In the Incarnation He denied Himself all rights to the powers of Deity in order to make Himself become like one of us. For, He had been existing in the Form of God prior to the Incarnation!

Philippians 2:6-8 (take your pick of translations. I'll use this one for now)

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his
own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Once in His entered into his new lowered state (which was his required state to redeem man) the Father granted Him eternal life to give. For when He made Himself become as a man He had to leave behind all His powers of Deity in order to be tempted and suffer as a man would.
You read the man made "incarnation" doctrine into the text. I certainly would not use the bogus paraphrase you used above. "Something to be used to his own advantage"?? Christians are so inconsistent regarding his supposed emptying himself of his deity. When it suits them (as it suits you now) they say he emptied himself, but when they try to defend his deity, they say only a deity can work miracles, forgive sins, etc.

Here is the ESV translation which is far more accurate;

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Notice verse 5. Does it mean that we should have the same mind as Messiah Yeshua before or after his earthly birth? Paul is telling the Philippians to have the same mind as Messiah Yeshua . If Yeshua pre-existed as God, he certainly did not carry the name Messiah Yeshua. That name can only be applied to the historical Yeshua, not the being who supposedly pre-existed as God. Yeshua did not officially become "the Anointed" or "the Messiah" or "Christ" until he was baptized with the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:38).

As a child, Yeshua "waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him" (Luke 2:40). Even at that time Yeshua knew who he was, knew who his Father was (Luke 2:49), and knew what he had to do. By the time of his baptism he was so filled with wisdom, knowledge, Spirit, and power that Paul says he was "in the form (or likeness) of God." It does not say he "was God." Yet, Yeshua did not allow that power and wisdom to corrupt him. Nor did he, for one moment, consider himself YHWH's equal. He knew his Father was greater than himself (John 10:29; 13:16; 14:28).

Yeshua did not strip himself of any deity. He simply humbled himself and made himself of no reputation even though he was far more knowledgeable and powerful than any of his contemporaries. Instead of glorifying himself and expecting others to serve him, he chose to become a servant. He became like most men, common and unassuming as compared to the politically powerful and famous.

In addition to not exalting himself in the eyes of man, he further humbled himself by becoming totally obedient to the laws and will of His Father YHWH. As a reward for his obedience, YHWH has highly exalted him.

You do realize that God is not soul. He is "spirit." They were two different immaterial invisible essences to the Lord God of Israel prior to the Incarnation! .

In the OT, we see in Scripture the Lord God of Israel possessing TWO NATURES! Yes, before the Incarnation! Before taking on sinless human flesh to tabernacle within!

How was that?

Leviticus 26:10-12

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new.
Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul (God is spirit!)

will not reject you.'I will also walk among you and
be your God, and you shall be My people."

Judges 10:16

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst
and to serve Jehovah, so that his soul became impatient
because of the trouble of Israel." (two natures!)

Psalm 11:5

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one,
and anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates." (two natures!)

Isaiah 1:14

Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates.
They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them."

God is spirit! (John 4:24) Not, soul.

That means the Lord God of Israel possessed two natures in union even prior to the Incarnation! In the Incarnation the Lord God's soul entered the body born of Mary, and He refused to retain His right to the full powers of Deity that He had previously operated with as the Lord God of Israel! For he had to make Himself to be as a man. If not as a man? He could not die in our place!​

(Those OT passages state that He had two natures before the Incarnation!)
I totally disagree, YHWH does not have a soul. When Scripture says, "my soul" or "his soul", it is an idiom for "I" and "he". See Bullinger's "Figures of Speech Used in the Bible."

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You read the man made "incarnation" doctrine into the text. I certainly would not use the bogus paraphrase you used above. "Something to be used to his own advantage"?? Christians are so inconsistent regarding his supposed emptying himself of his deity. When it suits them (as it suits you now) they say he emptied himself, but when they try to defend his deity, they say only a deity can work miracles, forgive sins, etc.

Here is the ESV translation which is far more accurate;

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Notice verse 5. Does it mean that we should have the same mind as Messiah Yeshua before or after his earthly birth? Paul is telling the Philippians to have the same mind as Messiah Yeshua.

Its saying not to become conceited. "Look at Christ as your example."

Paul was warning against a temptation by some who were under his excellent teachings. Paul was unlike most teachers we see today who make stuff up to protect their bias and prejudices. Paul described what kind of mind set the mature believerr should have because of them knowing what will be their position in eternity. He warned to have the same kind of thinking a Christ....Which was? Even though Hew knew he was God? Suffered in weakness as a man would.

I totally disagree, YHWH does not have a soul. When Scripture says, "my soul" or "his soul", it is an idiom for "I" and "he". See Bullinger's "Figures of Speech Used in the Bible."

Disagree. I don't care if you do. Nor, should I try to stop you. God the Holy Spirit must open our eyes to that truth. You have been given it. Now? "You totally disagree." Feel free to. Just like Eve felt free to. Just like Adam felt free to. Has not the Word said the Lord God of Israel has a soul? Who cares.....

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He warned to have the same kind of thinking a Christ....Which was? Even though Hew knew he was God? Suffered in weakness as a man would.
Yeshua did not know he was God. Nor did he ever say he was God. Those are thoughts that Christians add into the texts. He certainly knew he was an elohim, but not "God" as in "the only true God".

God the Holy Spirit must open our eyes to that truth.
"God the Holy Spirit"?? Where do you find that phrase in Scripture? Perhaps you meant "the Holy Spirit of God".

I can say the same thing to you, that the Holy Spirit must open our eyes to the truth (of what I teach), but that would accomplish nothing except to turn this conversation personal rather than doctrinal.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeshua did not know he was God. Nor did he ever say he was God.

He knew he was God. He would never dare say he was .... Nor, did He manifest his powers of Deity though the Father granted Him the authority to "take it up again." That is why He pleased the Father when he refused to do so. For He was willing to suffer so that God's plan for redemption could be completed.

1 Corinthian 2:7-10

No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden
and that God destined for our glory before time began. None
of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they
would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him.

It says? The things God has prepared for those who love Him???

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so,would I
have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and
take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." Jn 14:2-3

Now stop boring me.. "please." :holy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He knew he was God. He would never dare say he was ....
So we agree he never said he was God. What Scriptures do you have to support your belief that "he knew he was God"? That seems like an assumption to me.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So we agree he never said he was God. What Scriptures do you have to support your belief that "he knew he was God"? That seems like an assumption to me.
He would never say it directly. Always indirectly when he did.

Come on. You have been trough this a million times by now. You just want to keep in shape? ^_^ trying to perfect it?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He would never say it directly. Always indirectly when he did.
OK. So let's review some of the facts.

1) Yeshua never said he was God
2) There are no Scriptures stating Yeshua knew he was God.
3) There are no Scriptures stating that Yeshua purposely abstained from using his supposed powers as the only true God.
4) There are Scriptures telling us that it was Father YHWH's power that worked through Yeshua to accomplish miracles, etc. Yeshua himself said he could do nothing by himself.
5) Yeshua himself said (before and after his resurrection) that he has a God. That God is his Father YHWH. A time will come after death is destroyed that the Son will be subject (ruled over) by his Father.
In post #150 you wrote, "He knew he was God. He would never dare say he was ...." (Bold mine) Why wouldn't he say he was God? I'm sure you will come up with some reason, so I will take that one step further. Why didn't he say he was God in Revelation, or at other times after his resurrection, when there were no possible threats on his life? Instead, he tells us about his God. The very fact that he has a God over him proves that the Son is NOT the only true God.

Come on. You have been trough this a million times by now. You just want to keep in shape? ^_^ trying to perfect it?
Actually, you are the first person in my life to ever say, "He knew he was God". So I truly wanted to know which Scriptures taught that. Since you haven't given me any, I assume there are none. Also, I don't come on these forums so I can perfect what I know. I come here to share what I know, to share the light that I have. If people choose to reject it, shut their eyes to it and say all manner of evil against me, I will endure it out of love for them and the truth.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He was not supposed to. Its why he commanded the demons who were proclaiming who he was to shut up.
The issue was not about not claiming to be God, but of not claiming to be the Messiah or the Son of God (Luke 4:41).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The issue was not about not claiming to be God, but of not claiming to be the Messiah or the Son of God (Luke 4:41).
Your father is human, I presume? Ddid he beget a monkey?

Jesus is not "a" son of God. He is "The" Son of God. Like Father - like Son.

There is a reason God chose certain termns to be used to describe the Trinity. And, there is a reason why some men will not be able to perceive it as well. For, its not logic alone. It must be a gift by grace to know Truths that will remain oblivious to those who are stuck in their natural realm in their thinking. Why? God is the judge of each one of us.

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said,
"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because

you have hidden these things from the wise and learned,
and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this
is what you were pleased to do."
(Luke 10:21)​

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon
Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to

you, but My Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 16:17)

We are not kept here on earth taking an academic quiz. There are some amongst us who have always taken great pride in their ability to achieve academic excellence. A pride that they stubbornly refuse to let go of after entering into regeneration.. Let go of so God could replace their natural sense of self esteem with spiritual self esteem.

These differences in perceiving the Word of God, therefore, must exist. Being so as to reveal who we are in Christ.. Or, outside of Christ. Then the evaluation takes place in Heaven.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing
was made that has been made."
(John 1:3)​

Now I am not stupid. I am not going to play games with that one. I would have to be in total denial if I tried.

If all things were made through Him? Then He had to be there when all things were being made!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your father is human, I presume? Ddid he beget a monkey?

Jesus is not "a" son of God. He is "The" Son of God. Like Father - like Son.
That is what I said, "the Son of God".

There is a reason God chose certain termns to be used to describe the Trinity. And, there is a reason why some men will not be able to perceive it as well. For, its not logic alone. It must be a gift by grace to know Truths that will remain oblivious to those who are stuck in their natural realm in their thinking. Why? God is the judge of each one of us.

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said,
"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because

you have hidden these things from the wise and learned,
and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this
is what you were pleased to do."
(Luke 10:21)​

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon
Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to

you, but My Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 16:17)

We are not kept here on earth taking an academic quiz. There are some amongst us who have always taken great pride in their ability to achieve academic excellence. A pride that they stubbornly refuse to let go of after entering into regeneration.. Let go of so God could replace their natural sense of self esteem with spiritual self esteem.

These differences in perceiving the Word of God, therefore, must exist. Being so as to reveal who we are in Christ.. Or, outside of Christ. Then the evaluation takes place in Heaven.
You can personally attack my spirituality all you want. It doesn't phase me. It just reveals the fact that you have no Scripture to back up your claims so you resort to bringing my spirituality into question.

As for Matthew 16:16-17, that is exactly what YHWH revealed to me as well; that Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of the living God (YHWH). He did not reveal to Peter that Yeshua was God.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing
was made that has been made."
(John 1:3)​

Now I am not stupid. I am not going to play games with that one. I would have to be in total denial if I tried.

If all things were made through Him? Then He had to be there when all things were being made!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, you are not stupid. You are just guilty of reading Yeshua into the text of John 1:3. The "logos" was not a person, but a thing (the Father's spoken words, thoughts, plan of salvation, etc.). Several important Bible translations prior to the KJV such as Tyndale's Bible, The Great Bible, The Geneva Bible, The Bishop's Bible, etc., translate the verse as follows;

"All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made." Tyndale​

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth,
visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him."
Col 1:15-16​

"The twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne
and worship him who lives for ever and ever.

They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created

and have their being.” Rev 4:10-11

I'm not stupid. I am simply very patient. I am also a born again Jew.
Does the word "shloym" mean anything to you?

Upvote 0