Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well I just found it interesting, the old testament is predominately thr Jews and they themselves started writing the Binle and likewise Jesus himself was a Jew and is considered the Messiah and saviour; is this just unrelated or a coincedence or are the Jews really the Choosen people and if so why? What denotes them specifically from everyone else as a group?

It's politically incorrect but supposedly Ashekanzi Jews supposedly half the highest I.Q on average as a group then any other group or ethnicity.

A lot of paintings depicting the old testament also likewise portray individuals like Adam and Eve looking kind of particularly Jewish looking, but often instead with blonde hair and blue eyes?

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well I just found it interesting, the old testament is predominately thr Jews and they themselves started writing the Binle and likewise Jesus himself was a Jew and is considered the Messiah and saviour; is this just unrelated or a coincedence or are the Jews really the Choosen people and if so why? What denotes them specifically from everyone else as a group?

It's politically incorrect but supposedly Ashekanzi Jews supposedly half the highest I.Q on average as a group then any other group or ethnicity.

A lot of paintings depicting the old testament also likewise portray individuals like Adam and Eve looking kind of particularly Jewish looking, but often instead with blonde hair and blue eyes?
Different Christians believe different things, and different Christians have different definitions of "chosen people." I think the answer, would be, "Yes, the majority of Christians believe Jews to be the 'chosen people'," but I think few understand what it means to be the chosen people. It does not mean they Jews receive preferential treatment. It means that the Lord holds them up as an example, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad.

Reactions: BlackSabbath
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟830,504.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Jews were the chosen people once, but because they rejected Christ, they basically lost that status. At the Day of Pentecost when the Christian Church came into being, it because the New Israel, made up of all those who have Jesus Christ as their Saviour. This is the basis of Paul saying that there is neither Jew nor Gentile in the kingdom of God. When we get to glory, there will be no Jews or Gentiles. All will be one in Christ.

Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I just find that an interesting concept.

Do you think the Davidic line still exists to this day? Are the Jews really descendants of the lineages kept in the Bible?

Why did guys like Abraham get ahold of it? Did Abraham seem kooky or is it just mart? I imagined him as this really quirky guy.

Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Jews were the chosen people once, but because they rejected Christ, they basically lost that status. At the Day of Pentecost when the Christian Church came into being, it because the New Israel, made up of all those who have Jesus Christ as their Saviour. This is the basis of Paul saying that there is neither Jew nor Gentile in the kingdom of God. When we get to glory, there will be no Jews or Gentiles. All will be one in Christ.
Christ consciousness?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟830,504.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I just find that an interesting concept.

Do you think the Davidic line still exists to this day? Are the Jews really descendants of the lineages kept in the Bible?

Why did guys like Abraham get ahold of it?
Christians can trace their genealogy back only one generation. When a person accepts Christ, he or she is born of God and becomes a new creature in Christ. The Scripture says that Jesus is the first born of many brethren. If Jesus is our first-born Brother, then God the Father is our father as well. So we are just one generation away from our Father in heaven. This is why the Scripture says that delving into genealogies for religious reasons is pointless and a waste of time.

Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christians can trace their genealogy back only one generation. When a person accepts Christ, he or she is born of God and becomes a new creature in Christ. The Scripture says that Jesus is the first born of many brethren. If Jesus is our first-born Brother, then God the Father is our father as well. So we are just one generation away from our Father in heaven. This is why the Scripture says that delving into genealogies for religious reasons is pointless and a waste of time.
Yes, but I feel like there is still a place for curiosities sake.

It is good to know for example, what illnesses or health conditions one is prone to early on through being aware of your family history and perhaps lineages as a result.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟830,504.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I feel like there is still a place for curiosities sake.

It is good to know for example, what illnesses or health conditions one is prone to early on through being aware of your family history and perhaps lineages as a result.
Oh yes. That is why I said "for religious reasons". It is common sense to know our family background for the reasons you stated. That is a given. I often talk about my Danish heritage and their journey to New Zealand in 1873, where they settled, and what they did when they got here.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I just found it interesting, the old testament is predominately thr Jews and they themselves started writing the Binle and likewise Jesus himself was a Jew and is considered the Messiah and saviour; is this just unrelated or a coincedence or
The OT is predominately God teaching mankind His law (how to be His people) and the Prophets prophesying about the Messiah.
are the Jews really the Choosen people and if so why? What denotes them specifically from everyone else as a group?
All those in Christ/Messiah are God's chosen people. First the Jew, who has chosen God and Messiah from both the OT [before the cross] and NT [after the cross] then the Gentile who has chosen the Jewish Messiah.
Don't know if that is true or not, a high I.Q. will save no one.
Is there any documentation for what they looked like? If not, it is anyone's guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums