On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
certainly not and I will fully explain it, take precious time out my life to explain it you but first lets clear something up...

I think the pedophilia priests are pseudos in so much as they pretend to love God and others. They love themselves. but lemme explain something to you straight up. I am not like these other Catholics here and you will not talk to me like you do these. If u really do not want to listen, then do not ask. I was answering Michie.

I will be more then happy to break this all down and explain it to you but I will not put up with comments like this one. ^ i am in no way one of the apologist for the Church when it comes to sex abuse and the pathetic way it was handled .

The fact is this, sacraments are given, conferred by humans but they really come from Christ, not them. Christ is with God in heaven and humans are down here. The priest acts on Christs behalf even if he's a creep and a sicko. Lay people can confer the sacrament of baptism on other people in emergency cases because its God working, not the person, the grace does not come from the person but from God.

and redemption from the fall is FREE!!!!!!! it does not depend on ANYONE or ANYTHING. Its given and we have it and once we do have it- we the person, us, ourselves, have to accept it in order for it to be fruitful in our lives. We can forsake it if we choose to.

So, no, the state of the soul of the person conferring the grace on the person for God is not what will make it valid on not. the priest must be ordained properly. and if he is a sicko then guess what? that is his bad and God will deal with him but when he confers the sacraments, he is doing it on Christ behalf and its God doing it so his state of soul does not matter. this is not the OT where the priest sins matter. Christ is the high priest, there is only ONE and its Jesus and the priest here is only physically doing the ritual on His behalf.

That clears your position. They are not Catholic, only wolves. Other Catholics disagree with you. I am just trying to understand how some think the Body can be in hell. Given you think they are not Catholic, then the question doesn't apply.

Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I understand that. But once you reject it unto death... what then? What good does it do? That is what I'm trying to find out. I know what Scripture says. What does the Church say?

Something about a mortal sin.

I don't understand how that person would still be a Catholic? Part of the Body in hell?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So, you think the pedophile priest is still catholic, rather than a wolf in sheep's clothing?

There's never a possibility that someone just got wet in their baptism? Catholic theology does not allow for that?
Every priest, pedophile or not, is a sinner, just like you and me.

Christ does not just wet anyone in a baptism. Even one in a Protestant church. In those churches, though, the baptism means more to Christ than it does to the baptised, at least according to what 'baptsim' means in Protestant Churches. Baptism means what Christ intended it to mean, regardless of the state of the person receiving it.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

This thread has gone through a clean-up and you may notice that some posts have been either edited or completely deleted. This was done to remove any rule violations and to help get the thread back on track with the opening post's topic. Please be mindful of all of CF Rules and remember: if you don't have anything positive to add to the conversation, please don't post.

As a reminder:
Sticky: OBOB Statement of Faith
House Rules-
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic. Non-Catholic members should not be creating posts that are debating Catholic beliefs and doctrine and/or trying to teach different doctrine than what the Catholic Church teaches. Please respect this!
This thread will now be re-opened-- thank you for your patience during this thread clean up!
MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0