✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
S

SimplyNothing

Now that is of note. I like the mission statement because that's how I feel. I never state an actual position in regards to C & E because I wasn't there for the origin of life. I just like to be informed on the positions people hold. No idea what happened though.

Except for I'm definitely not a YECer. Nope.

Upvote 0
S

SimplyNothing

Are there any anti evolution people who aren't creationists?

That's what I think he was getting at is that they're people like me. :) They don't know what happened, they're just skeptical. Nothing wrong with that. That's likely a good thing. Skepticism leads to the right questions, and the right questions lead to debunking, or the solidification of a theory.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's what I think he was getting at is that they're people like me. :) They don't know what happened, they're just skeptical. Nothing wrong with that. That's likely a good thing. Skepticism leads to the right questions, and the right questions lead to debunking, or the solidification of a theory.

The IDK position mention I always view as redundant to mention.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whyso? It's presumptuous to say otherwise.

Because IDK is always a position someone can have on pretty much anything, so why bother mentioning it unless people try to claim an issue is extremely black and white? To be honest though, you are the first person I have spoken to on here who had that position in regards to evolution.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now would you politely highlight the names in your list that belong to people either working for or affiliated with creationist organizations (people that profit from creationism).
I'll pass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now that is of note. I like the mission statement because that's how I feel. I never state an actual position in regards to C & E because I wasn't there for the origin of life. I just like to be informed on the positions people hold. No idea what happened though.

Except for I'm definitely not a YECer. Nope.
Be careful, bro.

You need to put roots down somewhere.

And I love your avatar! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Be careful, bro.

You need to put roots down somewhere.

And I love your avatar! :thumbsup:

Why? He stated he is not convinced. Why would he put down roots just for the sake of putting down roots, when he isn't convinced?

Sounds like just trying to fool yourself.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, we all have consciences. It's quite easy to imagine that when one is searching one's feelings one is communing with something 'out there'. But one isn't I'm afraid.
No one loves you I'm afraid. Love does not exists. It's just your imagination, your mind's way of making you feel appreciated and accepted by others. But love is not real I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
O

Only Me

No one loves you I'm afraid. Love does not exists. It's just your imagination, your mind's way of making you feel appreciated and accepted by others. But love is not real I'm afraid.
That is true, unless someone tells you and then shows you how much they love you then you will never be loved, even some parents reject their children.

That's one of the reasons why gods were invented to have someone in our brains who loved and cared for us,
if no one in our life gave us love we could always be sure of our gods love.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So they were humans in every conceivable way but not humans. Why did the prehistoric humans go extinct? How did they?
Probably the same way dinosaurs went.
Why do they appear to be so similar to modern H.Sapiens?
Because they were recreated from prehistoric H.Sapiens to modern H.Sapiens. Recreation with modification.
Why can we observe fossil and genetic evidence that shows no extinctions of H. Sapiens only to be followed up with new similar H. Sapiens?
Because the period during the extinction was too short to be geologically noticeable.
Silly, why create life only to let it die out only to re-create it all over again!?
Why did God create humans knowing a vast majority of humans will live in poverty? Such questions are pointless.
If the presumption is that he knows all and he knowing all that we would rather all of life go extinct all that shows is what a sadist he really is. Why would an omniscient being have to start over? "Starting over" demonstrates a lack of knowledge, foresight or in your pretzel of logic that this all-knowing god was different to the suffering of all of life and let it all die for kicks. Again, all of it really makes the idea of a re-creation and this gods omniscience very dubious.
He did what He did because He is all-knowing and we are not. He sees what we cannot and knows what we do not, which makes Him a better judge of His own actions than we are. In other words, we are too ignorant and stupid to comprehend God's actions on our own, which puts us in no position to judge Him.
Came together in a day by magic?
No, by miracle.
How can we test that to know it's true?
Science is not about testing for truth, so why do you care? Science is about theories held tentatively, not about truth. Those who know God knows the truth because God reveals truth.
But it also has explanations for how it came to exist (gravity).
Sure, gravity created matter and matter created gravity. Circular reasoning much. :doh:
What history? The parts you interpret or the parts you don't? The only asserted history for the bible of creation is in the bible all of which cannot be tested for. Ironically, there is no single mention of a creation, then extinction then creation, but I don't want to let that interpretation you're reading into it to cause too much cognitive dissonance.
Inferences can be made from the Bible when scientific evidence is considered. There was prehistoric life that is now extinct and now there is modern life. You infer decent with modification. I infer recreation with modification.
Really, so why can we find numerous independent cultures & societies writing about it & the wars and being decimated from its rule?
Numerous independent individuals from different cultures & societies also wrote the Bible over the span of thousands of years. So?
It's ok, I'm sure all the wars the Visigoths and Vandals had with the Roman Empire really never occurred.
No, they are just made up stories you read about in a book.
How so? It literally states creation in days, not billions of years.
Genesis 1 does not say the earth planet or the water on it was created. The creation story begins on day 1 with the appearance of light shining on a preexisting flooded earth. That preexisting earth allows for an old earth interpretation since the biblical account does not tell us how long the earth was there. It can therefore be inferred, based on the biblical account as well as scientific evidence, that Genesis 1 is about a preexisting earth planet being refurbished and reoccupied in six days.
Oh I see. So, take the bible figuratively and interpret where needed but when your interpretation is in any possible conflict with science data just assert the single interpretation you're using is actually correct. Wow, logic is overwhelming!
Nope. I take Genesis 1 literally. That literal view allows for an old earth interpretation, but not for an evolution interpretation. Therefore, evolution theory can take a hike.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I did read it. I do not post links to literature I have not previously read myself. And of course there is more we don't know that we know. That doesn't make it non existent. Were you asleep when you copied the second sentence? "We know how much dark energy there is ..."
No you don't. You know how much God-energy there is.

And by the way, the effect of God-energy on the universe was known by the ancients thousands of years before scientists discovered it:

"This is what God the LORD says - He who created the heavens and stretched them out...My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts." - (Isa 42:5, 45:12).
I don't have a problem with you calling it God-energy instead of dark energy. The fact is it is detectable and measurable.
Yes, God-energy is detectable and measurable. Scientists just chose to call it dark-energy because they are too ashamed to call it what it is - God-energy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is true, unless someone tells you and then shows you how much they love you then you will never be loved
If love is not real, how can it be told or shown? Words and actions are not love. Anyone can talk and act without love.

Love is figment of human imagination. It's not real I'm afraid. Unless you can prove it is. Do you have evidence that love exists?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can one who believes in special creation carry on the duties and functions of a scientist ..

Such people formed the foundations for modern science.
"Yes" would be the answer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.