Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God has exhaustive foreknowledge of all that happens and will happen in our life, do we have freewill?

If God foreknew many would refuse to believe in Jesus, why did He go ahead and create them?

You may post your answers with biblical warrant.

Straightforward question: As a believer, what difference would it make to you? Does your faith depend on the answer to that question?

As far as I can see in scripture, as far as I've seen in my own life, free will does nothing but send us to hell.

"Not my will, but Thine."

"Thy will be done."

If that is what we believe, then of what importance is the question to us?

That's a serious question: If you got an answer either way, what would you do with it?

And if it wouldn't make a difference, then why spend a moment fretting over it?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Straightforward question: As a believer, what difference would it make to you? Does your faith depend on the answer to that question?

As far as I can see in scripture, as far as I've seen in my own life, free will does nothing but send us to hell.

"Not my will, but Thine."

"Thy will be done."

If that is what we believe, then of what importance is the question to us?

That's a serious question: If you got an answer either way, what would you do with it?

And if it wouldn't make a difference, then why spend a moment fretting over it?
"Thy will be done."

Romans 9:19: " For who hath resisted his will?"

In light of the above, is it "Thy will be done" or "Thy will is done"?

fretting over it?
John 17:3: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent".

In view of the above, does raising a question to know God amount to fretting?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Hebrews 11:3: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God".

In view of the above, is faith given by God to understand about God?

Don't you want to know more about God through faith?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 11:3: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God".

In view of the above, is faith given by God to understand about God?

Don't you want to know more about God through faith?

No answer to my question?

Okay. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
As a believer, what difference would it make to you?

Does it make a difference to me as a believer as I know God more through faith?

Now can you answer mine?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you mean to say your will is arbitrary?

Did you arbitrarily choose to ask God to begin your faith or He began it by His arbitrary will?
Why does freedom equal arbitrary? I can have lots of influences on my decision but still make a free choice.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You choose to believe, God then chooses to save you. God began it, because he convicts. You can accept or reject his leading.
Within our timeframe, perhaps.
Since God is not constrained by time,
and since He provided Everything Needed for us for all time, Before He Created Anything,
He Knew Perfectly our every thought throughout our lives and in our hearts and minds...

As Jesus told the disciples "you did not choose Me, I chose you" is truth, without
changing that He also says "Choose TODAY who you will serve" giving men the choice to make themselves freely of their own choice....

REJOICING IN HIM DAILY ! RELYING ON THE FATHER FOR ALL THINGS ALWAYS !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There doesn't have to be a reason. You are creating a false dilemma.
I think "repeating" a false dilemma is more accurate - it was a false dilemma long ago, spurred on by sin and by the enemy... before any of us here today were born ....

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Jesus told the disciples "you did not choose Me, I chose you" is truth, without
changing that He also says "Choose TODAY who you will serve" giving men the choice to make themselves freely of their own choice....
Personally, I read that verse as Jesus choosing the disciples and us for certain tasks.
"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit— fruit that will remain— so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you. 17This is My command to you: Love one another.…"

A lot of people read "I chose you." as "I chose you for salvation and passed by others." I don't think the context merits that interpretation.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So how should this be interpreted?

John 1:13 KJV
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Who's will mattered?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Personally, I read that verse as Jesus choosing the disciples and us for certain tasks.
"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit— fruit that will remain— so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you. 17This is My command to you: Love one another.…"

A lot of people read "I chose you." as "I chose you for salvation and passed by others." I don't think the context merits that interpretation.
Simply, Yahweh chose before the Creation of the world (or anything) who to draw to Himself, and also appointed before any of us existed anywhere except in His Plan,
appointed good works for us daily to do.
He always knew what we would always thing, every choise, every hope, every life on earth, and chose to do as He Pleases "with the clay"... (He is the Potter) ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So how should this be interpreted?

John 1:13 KJV
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Who's will mattered?
DO not , no, do not interpret that. Simply believe His Word, as He Reveals this.
His Word is TRUTH and He does not permit 'private' interpretatoin, but HE GLADLY AND GENEROUSLY , FREELY,
tells us to ask for (HIS) Wisdom , which He will give to us , which He has given freely, extravagantly generously (since not one of us deserves even to be saved!)
as long as we are not , as He Says , double-minded. (the double-minded should not expect anything from God... ) as written.

Upvote 0