✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
As did mine.

Uh, yes, it's pretty clear to most of us why questions are asked.;) And as wise as you think that may have sounded, all you are saying is you expect answers while refusing to give any...I wonder why that is?

And yes, I am very much having trust issues right about now. :)
Have you given any answers to my questions?

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If God has exhaustive foreknowledge of all that happens and will happen in our life, do we have freewill?

If God foreknew many would refuse to believe in Jesus, why did He go ahead and create them?

You may post your answers with biblical warrant.
There is no free will.
Gods foreknowledge is of persons, not events.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I always tried to look at this in the simplest way just for my own sanity. God has given us a free will that He has already seen. That doesn’t take away from our free will. How can I sit here and ask God to be in control of my life, but then be concerned that he does?? Our God IS grace!!
In spite of God's foreknowledge, do you think you can make choices to the contrary?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
If we did, He would have known.

So you can make no contrary choices for decisions apart from His foreknowledge? How do you then claim you have a freewill?

Secondly the question is not whether God would have foreknown your contrary choices but whether you are free to make a contrary choice in a particular decision about which God has foreknown your choice?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you can make no contrary choices for decisions apart from His foreknowledge? How do you then claim you have a freewill?

Secondly the question is not whether God would have foreknown your contrary choices but whether you are free to make a contrary choice in a particular decision about which God has foreknown your choice?
Him knowing what we will do has nothing to do with our doing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did God foreknow the unbelievers of Jesus would end up in endless hell? If yes, why He created them?

You don't know the answer for the first or the second?

God knew who would believe and who wouldn’t which is why the book of life was written before creation.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Him knowing what we will do has nothing to do with our doing it.
If you could make a contrary choice for a particular decision, doesn't it make His foreknowledge on that particular decision meaningless?

Do you believe the Bible is God's word?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
God knew who would believe and who wouldn’t which is why the book of life was written before creation.

Did God create them in spite of, as simply as He created the chaff to support the grain?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you could make a contrary choice for a particular decision, doesn't it make His foreknowledge on that particular decision meaningless?

Do you believe the Bible is God's word?
Logic error. As I suggested before, Him knowing what we will choose does not force our choice. It just means He knows.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Logic error. As I suggested before, Him knowing what we will choose does not force our choice. It just means He knows.

So you mean to say you can make God's foreknowledge on a particular decision go wrong by your choice that is by making a contrary choice?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Define "free". According to some definitions, God does not have free will. For example, He cannot lie.

Is the human will free, if for a particular decision, under the same conditions, humans can make a choice contrary to God's foreknowledge?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If God knew beforehand who would and wouldn't believe in His Son, do you say humans have the freewill to choose contrary to His foreknowledge?

No not at all. His foreknowledge is the result of their choice, not the other way around. He foresaw the choice they would make.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
No not at all. His foreknowledge is the result of their choice, not the other way around. He foresaw the choice they would make.

Do you mean to say humans are free to make a contrary choice under the same set of conditions for a particular decision?

Are humans free to choose the set of conditions they are in, before they make any particular decision?

Upvote 0