Do babies usually see their guardian angels?

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes, Maia is staring over my shoulder or out into space, where there is nothing with high contrast (dark against light or vice versa) and just trying to follow her line of sight is like looking at the white wall or something.

So I have even asked her, just because parents talk to their babies, if she is looking at an angel. I think she might just be. Also, her Grandma (my fiance's mom) is pretty devotional towards Mary, and has said that it is because she feels comfortable asking another woman and mother, and I know she does ask Mary for intercessory prayer. She told me before. I believe a holy mother would surely know just what to pray to God for.

And I just saw that scripture again, where the Lord did say that the children's angels always see the Father in heaven.

Anyways, all of this makes me feel reassured about my daughter. I thought I would share this.

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Can not say for sure, I can say that with my little girl and as a parent I am grateful beyond measure for the Guardian Angel of my child. And in that gratitude have learned to remember with fondness and love my own who guards me and guides.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I can remember my babies looking above me or away from me and giggling and wiggling in excitement like someone was amusing them. And not looking around either, but genuinely focusing like they would when looking someone in the eyes.
I am a believer that it is possible because they are innocent and all babies 'know God' innately. Or is it because God is with them til they begin to reason?

Another thing i did with my infants - i would show them the last supper [when they could just speak enough] and they always pointed to Judas and said 'Bad.'
I am talking about each child i had - so i dont think it was coincidence.

They can see what we cannot....although what proof do we have? Since they cant tell us. ;)

Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just yesterday I was watching a program on the History Channel about Angels. There was an interesting interview about a baby who was born prematurely - and her life was in serious jeopardy. It was difficult for the mother to leave her infant at the hospital each night and she was worried there would be noone there for her baby if she started to cry or was uncomfortable. She prayed that if no nurse was around if God could send His angels to hold and comfort her baby during these moments when she wasn't around. This was a fervent prayer she made every night for several weeks. Fast forward a couple of years later - the baby survived and her little girl asks her mother frequently if babies can see their guardian angels because she remembered seeing hers when she was a baby (without even knowing about her mother's prayer). This was all interviewed on the History Channel.

That aside, I have always believed that babies can sense their guardian angels in ways we adults cannot. Even toddlers. I've heard too many remarkable stories from friends about their siblings or little ones knowing or seeing departed ones or "some kind of person" who they could see but the parents couldn't. So while there is nothing official, I do personally believe that babies can see their guardian angels.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They are spiritual beings and so cannot be seen , anymore than we can see God .

The women saw angels at the tomb, and Daniel spoke with the archangel Gabriel. I think babies might get to see their angels for some comfort before they get to the point where they do not remember their infancy anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

epiclesis

Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Oregon
✟52,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My son was alone in front of the Blessed Sacrament today without me around and was content as can be.

Understand that this is amazing because he doesn't like to be alone, doesn't like to be able to see no one, and doesn't like to be without his binky - and he didn't have any of those. And was still just laying there so happy.

The thought of his peace in front of Jesus just filled me with great joy.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Angels can be made manifest to the senses, e.g., the Annunciation.

The Gospel account of the Annunciation of the incarnation of Jesus to Mary does not say that Gabriel was seen by Mary .

How angelic spirits interact with our human spirits is outside of our context of time and space . If I had been present at the time of the Annunciation , I doubt very much that I would have seen Gabriel .

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Angels can be made manifest to the senses, e.g., the Annunciation.

The account of the Annunciation of the incarnation of Jesus to Mary does not say that Mary saw Gabriel .

How angelic spirits interact with our human spirits is outside of our context of time and space . If I had been present at the time of the Annunciation , I doubt that I would have seen Gabriel .

Our contact with spiritual beings is not on a sensory level .

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We can see such things at the will of God if He so chooses. I think that we all agree on that. But seeing such things is not a usual or common thing.

Now, the stories of the saints do tell us that the very innocent, like a child, are often favored by glimpses that God gives them of His love in a special way. I can not say if that happens or not in any particular case.

I have no problem believing a baby senses the love all around him or her, even from the unseen. I know that there are many interesting stories about children at the moment of the Consecration at mass that are very touching and special.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They are spiritual beings and so cannot be seen , anymore than we can see God .

The account of the Annunciation of the incarnation of Jesus to Mary does not say that Mary saw Gabriel .

How angelic spirits interact with our human spirits is outside of our context of time and space . If I had been present at the time of the Annunciation , I doubt that I would have seen Gabriel .

Our contact with spiritual beings is not on a sensory level .
Really untrue.

Even in scriptures we are told angels appeared before Lot, Abraham and so forth.
Angels not only appeared before Lot but apparently the vile town saw them too.

Genesis 19:1
And the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of the city. And seeing them, he rose up and went to meet them: and worshipped prostrate to the ground..

Genesis 32:1
Jacob also went on the journey he had begun: and the angels of God met him.

Luke 2:15

[9] And behold an angel of the Lord stood by them, and the brightness of God shone round about them; and they feared with a great fear.
And it came to pass, after the angels departed from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another: Let us go over to Bethlehem, and let us see this word that is come to pass, which the Lord hath shewed to us.

Luke 24:23
And not finding his body, came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, who say that he is alive.

AND LASTLY!!!

Hebrews 13:1-2
  • "Let brotherly love continue.
  • Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares".

[1] Let the charity of the brotherhood abide in you. [2] And hospitality do not forget; for by this some, being not aware of it, have entertained angels.

Reactions: ivebeenshown
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh yeah, the Annunciation:

Luke 1
[26] And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, called Nazareth, [27] To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. [28] And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. [29] Who having heard, was troubled at his saying, and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. [30] And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

[27] ad virginem desponsatam viro cui nomen erat Ioseph de domo David et nomen virginis Maria [28] et ingressus angelus ad eam dixit ave gratia plena Dominus tecum benedicta tu in mulieribus [29] quae cum vidisset turbata est in sermone eius et cogitabat qualis esset ista salutatio [30] et ait angelus ei ne timeas Maria invenisti enim gratiam apud Deum

To come in, means to enter. To which an angel not showing themselves would not need to enter.

et ingressus

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]Translations:

and entering
[/FONT]

Free Online English to Latin Translators

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Oh yeah, the Annunciation:

Luke 1
[26] And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, called Nazareth, [27] To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. [28] And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. [29] Who having heard, was troubled at his saying, and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. [30] And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

[27] ad virginem desponsatam viro cui nomen erat Ioseph de domo David et nomen virginis Maria [28] et ingressus angelus ad eam dixit ave gratia plena Dominus tecum benedicta tu in mulieribus [29] quae cum vidisset turbata est in sermone eius et cogitabat qualis esset ista salutatio [30] et ait angelus ei ne timeas Maria invenisti enim gratiam apud Deum

To come in, means to enter. To which an angel not showing themselves would not need to enter.

et ingressus

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]Translations:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]and entering[/FONT]

Free Online English to Latin Translators

Yes , just as I said . The gospel account does not say that Mary saw Gabriel when Gabriel made its annunciation .

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just to remind those who are not RC and visting.

This is an RCC area in OBOB.

Here is the Congregation rule:
Congregation Forums
Forum members who are not a member of that denomination may not debate in that denomination's area. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Upvote 0