Do Anglicans say the Hail Mary and the RC Rosary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john23237

Jan 30, 2005
virginia
✟212,636.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
Chrystabelle said:
I was always told by my family that if I converted to Anglicanism, I would have to give up saying "Hail Marys" and the Rosary. Is this true?

I believe we did a Marian Rosary here on STR several months ago (much of it in Latin, no less). That should help answer your question. I gave up nothing when I converted from the RCC to the ECUSA, but I can honestly say that I have been given a great deal. I am respectful of, and grateful to, my "Roman" upbringing, but I have found my true spiritual home in the Anglican branch of catholicism. Some have actually referred to Anglicanism as "catholicism done right" and I have yet to see a reason to disagree. We have our problems these days, some grave to be honest, but the presence of the Christ is palpable in an Anglican Mass and the hand of Our Lord in it's work. Come join us and see for yourself. You will be in our thoughts and our prayers. John

Upvote 0

ZuZu

Contributor
Dec 16, 2005
✟20,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
john23237 said:
I believe we did a Marian Rosary here on STR several months ago (much of it in Latin, no less). That should help answer your question. I gave up nothing when I converted from the RCC to the ECUSA, but I can honestly say that I have been given a great deal. I am respectful of, and grateful to, my "Roman" upbringing, but I have found my true spiritual home in the Anglican branch of catholicism. Some have actually referred to Anglicanism as "catholicism done right" and I have yet to see a reason to disagree. We have our problems these days, some grave to be honest, but the presence of the Christ is palpable in an Anglican Mass and the hand of Our Lord in it's work. Come join us and see for yourself. You will be in our thoughts and our prayers. John
Beautiful post! Thanks for painting a wonderful picture of what the church can be. I would love to learn the Rosary in Latin...anyone have a link? Thanks! Karin :)

Upvote 0

Anij

Feb 12, 2006
✟15,221.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Chrystabelle

Mar 19, 2006
✟7,811.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
john23237 said:

I agree so much with what you have said. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In my Anglican days, I used an Orthodox Prayerrope, a Fransiscan Rosary, a Dominican (traditional Marian) Rosary, and an Anglican Rosary. Although admittably I did lean towards the Orthodox Prayer Rope. In fact I still use all of the above.

The local parish does the Anglican Rosary every sunday before Liturgy and there are more than a few who use the Dominican Rosary as well. In fact the retired priest there has been seen more than once with an Orthodox Prayerrope on his wrist.

Joe Zollars

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.