Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the few years I was with that movement I never encountered an Arian or other non-Trinitarian. But that being said, the way they often explain it is a bit of a Modalism approach, in that using the states of water aka liquid, solid, and gas was a typical way of explaining the Trinity. But what can you expect when so many of them eschew formal theological schooling, and don't see the importance of studying the ancient creeds, church fathers, etc.

Here is the formal statement of Rhema Bible Training Center (the place where WOF officially started)

What We Believe

THE GODHEAD—Our God is One, but manifested in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (Deut. 6:4; Phil. 2:6). God the Father is greater than all; the Sender of the Word (Logos) and the Begetter (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14). The Son is the Word flesh-covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14). The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16; John 15:26).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Son is the Word flesh-covered,

That phrase is interesting it's got some heretical possibilities compared to "True God and True Man" hypostatic union.

An old long lost internet friend who was raised Assembly of God, but became a professor of theology and more liberal complained how many evangelicals see Jesus as "God in a Man suit" which I think is something like Monothelitism, Jesus has the flesh of a man, but not the other psychological attributes that would really make him fully or truly human.

• Informative
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In the few years I was with that movement I never encountered an Arian or other non-Trinitarian. But that being said, the way they often explain it is a bit of a Modalism approach, in that using the states of water aka liquid, solid, and gas was a typical way of explaining the Trinity. But what can you expect when so many of them eschew formal theological schooling, and don't see the importance of studying the ancient creeds, church fathers, etc.

Here is the formal statement of Rhema Bible Training Center (the place where WOF officially started)

What We Believe

THE GODHEAD—Our God is One, but manifested in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (Deut. 6:4; Phil. 2:6). God the Father is greater than all; the Sender of the Word (Logos) and the Begetter (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14). The Son is the Word flesh-covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14). The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16; John 15:26).

What we believe?
Why are you posting here?
Why are you quoting yourself?

Seriously who cares?
Have a ball!

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What we believe?
Why are you posting here?
Why are you quoting yourself?

Seriously who cares?
Have a ball!

Your kind of late to the party....

I'm here because I was WOF in the early 90s and I like answering theology questions.... and by the way, your attitude reminds me why I left that movement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do all WOF believes in the Trinity?

Hey Daniel.... I don't know of any Word of faith believer that don't believe in the Trinity. I'm referring to real Word of Faith believers. There are some of our critics that mention several names of who they think are WOF when actually...there not WOF at all. Have a great day.

Word-of-Faith (2020_05_10 22_13_39 UTC).gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well I'm guessing he might be talking about someone like TD Jakes. He once was a Oneness pastor who embraced Prosperity etc. teaching etc. He now is a Trinitarian (so I'm reading today), but has attracted more recent controversy for being more open minded on gays in church.

Benny Hinn also got lumped in with WOF for years because he experimented with some Faith and Prosperity teaching those kind of teachings. But he wan't really that WOF, he is his own thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rhema and Kenneth Hagin ministries uses the same doctrinal stance as the AOG, and most Pentecostal Charismatic denominations.

Straight from PC Nelson and The foundations of Pentecostal Theology. (VanCleaf).

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well I'm guessing he might be talking about someone like TD Jakes. He once was a Oneness pastor who embraced Prosperity etc. teaching etc. He now is a Trinitarian (so I'm reading today), but has attracted more recent controversy for being more open minded on gays in church.

Benny Hinn also got lumped in with WOF for years because he experimented with some Faith and Prosperity teaching those kind of teachings. But he wan't really that WOF, he is his own thing.

Hey Pavel...
Yeah, TD is getting some criticism for being open minded to the gay community and were curious how that turns out for him. I'm sure that he sought the Lord about it...and, if we think about it... how else does the Church of Jesus Christ reach them? If not us (the Church) then who? Let's pray he gets the victory as he ministers God's Love to them.

TD Jake's in my research is not Word of Faith... and any concern about him is his close relationship with Oprah... but then again, she needs to receive Christ also. Many things are happening and time is getting shorter to reach them.

As for Benny Hinn, he's sorta in a class by himself.

Word-of-Faith (3) (2020_05_10 22_13_39 UTC).gif

Upvote 0