Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I see him everyday on tv. He or his church buy a lot of airtime where i live. Its as if he owns his own channel.

Wow, that's amaaaazing that he's still going, as old as he is....and tragic.

Praying for him, that God a'rights anything that is askew regarding his beliefs that would prompt him to say and claim such things. He's old. He could die any day.

God have mercy.

Praying.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see him everyday on tv. He or his church buy a lot of airtime where i live. Its as if he owns his own channel.

I admit i haven't listened to Mr Angly because i never trusted him, but in my limited exposure to his teaching i never heard him or his church ask for money.

Make no mistake, and as you alluded to with all that TV air time, he gets the money, and plenty of it.

Some of these people are more sneaky than others, and though for many of us there are too many other things working against EA to not know what he is, the move not to be as blatant with begging for money, could work very well for him.

Jaded? Yes, I absolutely am. :)

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I heard a healing preacher on TV say that if you have the Holy Spirit you will speak in tongues. He said its the evidence of the holy spirit. Any comments are welcome.
I believe that speaking in tongues is often a sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit.

I speak in tongues myself.

But all tongues, as practiced in the church now days, are not necessarily biblical tongues.

God's people, who are sealed with the Spirit of God, do not "all" speak in tongues.

That is true whether we are talking about tongues as practiced in the Church for her edification or in private for the edification of the individual.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe that speaking in tongues is often a sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit.

I speak in tongues myself.

But all tongues, as practiced in the church now days, are not necessarily biblical tongues.

God's people, who are sealed with the Spirit of God, do not "all" speak in tongues.

That is true whether we are talking about tongues as practiced in the Church for her edification or in private for the edification of the individual.

There have been many testimonies that agree that that is true. Some "tongues" spoken are demonic.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
I heard a healing preacher on TV say that if you have the Holy Spirit you will speak in tongues. He said its the evidence of the holy spirit. Any comments are welcome.
This is completely true.
Read Acts.

Yes speaking or rather praying in tongues is the only Bible evidence
given as proof of Holy Spirit baptism

Jesus himself said it would be so in Mark 16:17

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That's not true many can speak in tongues, I do myself.

Yeah? Someone interprets it for you?

I don't believe anyone speaks in tongues; it's glossolalia.

Most people that believe they speak in tongues seldom follow the rules when doing so. Anyone speaking in tongues must be interpreted. No more than two or three should speak tongues at the same time, and it must be interpreted.

Tons of videos on the internet show congregations reduced to babbling like a playschool. It is nonsense, satanic, and far from Biblical.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah? Someone interprets it for you?

I don't believe anyone speaks in tongues; it's glossolalia.

Most people that believe they speak in tongues seldom follow the rules when doing so. Anyone speaking in tongues must be interpreted. No more than two or three should speak tongues at the same time, and it must be interpreted.

Tons of videos on the internet show congregations reduced to babbling like a playschool. It is nonsense, satanic, and far from Biblical.
Wow. I can't believe you said that. How are tongues not biblical... I received the gift of tongues in church...I wasn't dabbling in the occult for you to call tongues demonic is blasphemous

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes speaking or rather praying in tongues is the only Bible evidence
given as proof of Holy Spirit baptism

Jesus himself said it would be so in Mark 16:17
Those signs in Mark that you are referring to are signs of apostle, not signs of all believers who have the Holy Spirit. Tongues is a gift of the Spirit and not all have the same gifts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my personal bible studies recently I did some on spiritual gifts. I do believe in the gifts being for all believers but had always taken the view that where 1 Corinthians speaks of believers having different gifts meant that it meant not all would speak in tongues etc. In the recent study I changed my view on that and now believe that the Spiritual Gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians are over and above the "normal" ability on all believers.

A better example to show what I mean is healing as it has an easier to understand result. I have prayed for lots of people for healing. Some of them have been healed of the particular disease and it includes about 6 people with cancer. There was not an immediate reaction in them that they felt and knew they had been healed, but over time they were given the all clear. This included some people who had been told they were terminal and/or the medical profession were surprised at the unexpected healing. But I consider the gift of healing to be over and above this where someone will be prayed for and something miraculous will happen, like a friend who told me (and I believe him) that he prayed for someone and saw a leg that was shorter than the other grow longer in front of his eyes. I dont have the spiritual gift of healing that my friend does.

In a similar way, I believe that all believers have the ability to speak in tongues, but this is not the same as the gift of tongues. Speaking in tongues is allowing the Holy Spirit to speak in the spiritual language, but the gift of tongues goes further and includes the spontaneous speaking in tongues that is effectively outside of the speakers control. It also includes speaking in other languages. As an example of this I heard of one preacher who spoke in tongues and had a Russian gypsy or something like that tell him after the meeting he had spoken in her native language that only a few hundred (or maybe thousand, I cant remember for sure now) people in the world spoke. And he spoke it perfectly.

I am not great at taking notes at the best of times and as t as my personal study I ddint record the bible verses that led me to this conclusion. I wish I had now, but maybe if you do your own research you can see how I came to this conclusion.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How did you translate yourself? or do you not know what you're saying and you need a translator to interpret your tongues for you?
I dont translate. I just let the spirit speak through me. Or i pray god give me understanding.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow. I can't believe you said that. How are tongues not biblical... I received the gift of tongues in church...I was dabbling in the occult for you to call tongues demonic is blasphemous

What people call tongues today is nothing but glossolalia. It is nothing but mindless babble.

The gifts were given and employed during the Apostolic era. They were used to add weight to the claim when the Apostles evangelised.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if people existed today with the gift of healing like they did in Scripture, would they be on TV in a $5000 suit with a scrolling donation number 'healing' actors, or would they be on the streets actually healing people for all to see in the name of Christ, to bring people to Christ?

The same is true of tongues. It does not exist in the world we live in now. It did in the past, but now it is nothing but glossolalia.

It's funny you should mention the occult, though, because we see the Charismatic movement -- a 'theology' based around very experiential aspects of faith -- sweeping across Africa. Africa has a long history of people believing and practising 'black magic', 'voodoo' and that sort of thing. So is it any surprise why they're so prepared to believe the nonsensical? People 'exorcising demons' on stage and suddenly rocks falling out of their vaginas?(I wish I was joking, but one of the most famous preachers there does this sort of thing)

People believe what they want to believe and for some, especially those whose minds are already attuned to believing the unbelievable, or needing some sort of feeling in order to have their faith validated(we see this with music too in Charismatic circles where people assume it's the Holy Spirit when in fact it's a very basic physiological process we learn about in High School).

So yes, it is Satanic. What better way for Satan to deceive people long-term than to convince them their unrighteousness is righteous?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
like a friend who told me (and I believe him) that he prayed for someone and saw a leg that was shorter than the other grow longer in front of his eyes. I dont have the spiritual gift of healing that my friend does.
If healers can make legs longer, why don't they go to shriners hospital and help all those kids who have deformities?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What people call tongues today is nothing but glossolalia. It is nothing but mindless babble.

The gifts were given and employed during the Apostolic era. They were used to add weight to the claim when the Apostles evangelised.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if people existed today with the gift of healing like they did in Scripture, would they be on TV in a $5000 suit with a scrolling donation number 'healing' actors, or would they be on the streets actually healing people for all to see in the name of Christ, to bring people to Christ?

The same is true of tongues. It does not exist in the world we live in now. It did in the past, but now it is nothing but glossolalia.

It's funny you should mention the occult, though, because we see the Charismatic movement -- a 'theology' based around very experiential aspects of faith -- sweeping across Africa. Africa has a long history of people believing and practising 'black magic', 'voodoo' and that sort of thing. So is it any surprise why they're so prepared to believe the nonsensical? People 'exorcising demons' on stage and suddenly rocks falling out of their vaginas?(I wish I was joking, but one of the most famous preachers there does this sort of thing)

People believe what they want to believe and for some, especially those whose minds are already attuned to believing the unbelievable, or needing some sort of feeling in order to have their faith validated(we see this with music too in Charismatic circles where people assume it's the Holy Spirit when in fact it's a very basic physiological process we learn about in High School).

So yes, it is Satanic. What better way for Satan to deceive people long-term than to convince them their unrighteousness is righteous?
No its not. I didn't receive this gift of tongues from a psychic nor was I dabbling in the occult. This is a gift from God...for you to attribute something holy from god and say its demonic is a very statement.

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
No its not. I didn't receive this gift of tongues from a psychic nor was I dabbling in the occult. This is a gift from God...for you to attribute something holy from god and say its demonic is a very statement.

You believe it's from God. What you believe is irrelevant, what Scripture proclaims is true. Weigh it against Scripture. That is the true test; all things must be viewed through a Biblical lens.

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You believe it's from God. What you believe is irrelevant, what Scripture proclaims is true. Weigh it against Scripture. That is the true test; all things must be viewed through a Biblical lens.
So you think my gift is demonic? Though I havent been subject myself to anytjing like that..like the occult

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is why we see no miracles in our present day people have no faith. People dont even believe in Gods gift..the gifts he gives to his believers.
What about all those children at Shriners hospital and St Judes? Why no healers helping these children? Thats why i dont believe in healers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0