Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The general theme here is man's love for God, and God's love for man. Just prior to this, I asked if God's love had any power. I asked if God's love had an effect on a man.
There's a recording on the link that may explain whether or not God's love has any power.
The Power Of Love

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good point.

God treats His people different from those who are not Christ's. Becoming God's child changes our relationship with Him and Him toward us, because we have made that decision to become a child of God.
It can also go the other way if I quit sowing after the spirit, I will loss my eternal life (Gal. 6:9).

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I thought that is what I had said. I am not denying that it is not God that draws men to himself, what I am saying is man still has to decide what he will do in response to God's love.
Maybe we are talking past each other. So let's do this one step at a time.

You said God's love chsnges us. In what way does it change us?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Natural man cannot perceive what goes on in the spiritual world around him or in him. It is our natural sense that guide us. That is what I meant. God reaches out to all people for he wills that all people be saved yet we know that very few will be. So two things.

Either Universalism is correct and all people will be saved regardless of believing. Or there is something greater meant.

“And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:46‬ ‭ESV‬‬

No man, must decide if he will accept God's love that reaches out to him or if he will reject him.

It doesn't sound possible that "natural man" can come to God.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It can also go the other way if I quit sowing after the spirit, I will loss my eternal life (Gal. 6:9).
So then the Holy Spirit has left you then? Or are you saying you are perfect at sowing only after the spirit?

Because if we always sowed after the spirit we would not be sinful.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I hope I don't come off that way but what I'm saying is I chose to love him cause I finnaly recognized he truly loved me. I'm not saying the love forces you to love him back if that was the case I wouldn't have went so long talking bad about him. I know people who have rejected his love also so yes we all have to make a choice is what I'm trying to say god doesn't force us. He didn't force me either

You say that God loved you, and all people, all of the time, yet this love did no good for you until a certain point in time. You were only aware of His love for you at a certain point in time. What caused that awareness?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope this doesn't take it off topic, but what does the Holy Spirit do to enable us to love God?
The bible says they that love me obey my commandments and it speaks of how those that love him are righteous.

The Holy Spirit enables someone who has The Spirit to obey his commandments and be righteous. Without The Holy spirit it's not possible.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't sound possible that "natural man" can come to God.
Then tell us how it happens then. Because according to you, no one would ever come to God.

Unless this is a lesson in Calvinism, then it all makes sense where you always intended to go with this thread.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would you agree or disagree that our nature is at enmity with God? If so, what would make us change to want to love God?

If you are hell bound there is no reason to Love God and all mature adults start out hell bound.

For us to Love God, all we have to do is humbly accept God’s Love in the form of Forgiveness and our Love comes as a gift from God automatically. “…he that is forgiven much Loves much…”.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You say that God loved you, and all people, all of the time, yet this love did no good for you until a certain point in time. You were only aware of His love for you at a certain point in time. What caused that awareness?

This love did good for me actually beyond just that period of time becuase of his love he enabled me to even still be alive and live to be saved when many die for speaking against God. That's love right there, becuase of his love there was breath in my body becuase of his love he kept me in a truth preaching church to even know about salvation. Because of his love he answered some of the prayers I had even when I wasn't devoting myself to him.

Now I guess you can say I wasn't aware that he was perfect in his love, I believe he was a loving God just felt he had flaws. Now what caused me to be aware of this flawless love I can't say, I'm a young guy who hasnt' been a live that long but you still forget things that happened some time ago. I can't say what caused that sudden awareness. Good question though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If you are hell bound there is no reason to Love God and all mature adults start out hell bound.

For us to Love God, all we have to do is humbly accept God’s Love in the form of Forgiveness and our Love comes as a gift from God automatically. “…he that is forgiven much Loves much…”.

Let me save Hammster the reply: That doesn't answer the question.

• Haha
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me save Hammster the reply: That doesn't answer the question.
The question was: "what would make us change to want to love God?", And I was saying "...he that is forgiven much Loves much...", so we have to humbly accept God's forgiveness of the unbelievable huge debt sin creates, so than we will automatically have a huge Love for God and His children, since we will have a unbelievable huge Love (Godly type Love).

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The bible says they that love me obey my commandments and it speaks of how those that love him are righteous.

The Holy Spirit enables someone who has The Spirit to obey his commandments and be righteous. Without The Holy spirit it's not possible.
So without the Holy Spirit, you'd be able to love God, but not keep His commandments, correct?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The question was: "what would make us change to want to love God?", And I was saying "...he that is forgiven much Loves much...", so we have to humbly accept God's forgiveness of the unbelievable huge debt sin creates, so than we will automatically have a huge Love for God and His children, since we will have a unbelievable huge Love (Godly type Love).
So in your theology, we accept forgiveness and then we love God.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then tell us how it happens then. Because according to you, no one would ever come to God.

Unless this is a lesson in Calvinism, then it all makes sense where you always intended to go with this thread.

That is exactly where this thread was intended to go which is why I bowed out. Such talk completely ignores scripture that states God wants every single person to be saved. All people, not just some. Unless I misunderstood it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That is exactly where this thread was intended to go which is why I bowed out. Such talk completely ignores scripture that states God wants every single person to be saved. All people, not just some. Unless I misunderstood it.
You have. :)

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

The thread is regarding man's love for God, as it says. The question is: do all men love God?

The obvious answer is: no. The next question is logically: why not? Another question, which is very related, is Does God love all men? From there, if He does love all men, why don't all men love Him in return. It's been a great discussion, but if you don't agree, then you are free to not participate. Hope you do, though.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like a purely intellectual, unemotional pursuit (and they call Calvinists, the "frozen chosen")

Did God's love lead you to repentance, or was this strictly a legal transaction?

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thread is regarding man's love for God, as it says. The question is: do all men love God?

The obvious answer is: no. The next question is logically: why not?
Because they choose not to.

Another question, which is very related, is Does God love all men?
Of course He does.

From there, if He does love all men, why don't all men love Him in return.
Because God's love doesn't force love in return. People are free to accept or reject God's love. God is not a spiritual rapist.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

The obvious answer is: no. The next question is logically: why not? Another question, which is very related, is Does God love all men? From there, if He does love all men, why don't all men love Him in return. It's been a great discussion, but if you don't agree, then you are free to not participate. Hope you do, though.
So if the question is "do all men love God"? Then you must be disregarding what scripture already tells us on the subject and are seeking opinions?

Can you claify are you looking for what God's Word has to say on the subject or people's opinions?

Maybe that is the confusing point.

Upvote 0