Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No you have not.

You have taken several pieces of scripture, overlooked other sections, and piecemealed a "doctrine" together.

Fact: the three gospel passages I quoted, do not say that. (Jesus destroys the antichrist at His return)

Paul plainly teaches this in 2 Thessalonians 2:8

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Tthessalonians 2:8

• the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

We also know that there will be those who are caught up (raptured) at His coming, in Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians, which is also not mentioned in the Gospels.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

Paul also teaches us that the dead in Christ will rise first, at His coming, then those who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them.

• And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

• caught up together with them

The dead in Christ, and those who are alive and remain, will be caught up together, at His coming.

These scriptures are clear, that the resurrection and rapture take place at His coming.

This is when Jesus gathers together His people, alt His coming.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2 Thessalonians 2:1

• the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Paul taught us the resurrection and rapture take place at His coming.

If you have a scripture that teaches us the resurrection and rapture do not take place at His coming then please share it so we can examine it.

Paul taught the Corinthians the same thing.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:22-23

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I will say, as far as you are concerned, yes, 2 Thess. 2:8 might say that.

But the other five passages, no sir, they do not.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 teach us the gathering of His people together, and the destruction of the antichrist take place at His coming.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

JLB

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Tthessalonians 2:8

Are you that stubborn?

the Greek word is fairly ambiguous. It could mean the "lawless one" or it could mean anybody who transgresses the law.

You were given two (2) valid definitions of the Greek word.

And I even went so far as to agree and say:

"as far as you are concerned, yes, 2 Thess. 2:8 might say that."

But none of your other proof texts, say that.

Period.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 teach us the gathering of His people together, and the destruction of the antichrist take place at His coming.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

JLB

As I have said all along.

You have taken a few passages of scripture, piecemealed them together to create a "doctrine" that agrees with your theology.

And that is all you have done.

Like I said, with the exception of 2 Thess. 2:8, none of your proof texts, say Jesus will destroy the antichrist at His coming.

Period.

And that, is a fact, and there is no way around it!

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you that stubborn?

the Greek word is fairly ambiguous. It could mean the "lawless one" or it could mean anybody who transgresses the law.

You were given two (2) valid definitions of the Greek word.

And I even went so far as to agree and say:

"as far as you are concerned, yes, 2 Thess. 2:8 might say that."

But none of your other proof texts, say that.

Period.

God Bless

Till all are one.

If you don’t believe the resurrection and rapture and destruction of the antichrist or false messiah or lawless one will take at His coming, then please post the scripture that say it won’t.

At His coming, these three main things happen:

1. First: The resurrection of the dead in Christ
  2. Second: The rapture
  3. Third: The destruction of the antichrist

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I have said all along.

You have taken a few passages of scripture, piecemealed them together to create a "doctrine" that agrees with your theology.

And that is all you have done.

All you have done is state your opinion in the face of scripture.

That’s all you have done. Period.

If you don’t believe the resurrection and rapture and destruction of the antichrist or false messiah or lawless one will take at His coming, then please post the scripture that say it won’t.

JLB

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All you have done is state your opinion in the face of scripture.

That’s all you have done. Period.

JLB

I have addressed your scripture like you asked.

You said:

"Once you have honestly addressed my post and honestly answered my question" (post #59)

You keep posting the same stuff for what, 4 pages now.

And I have answered like you asked.

And here, I will say the same thing to you:

All you have done is state your opinion

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have addressed your scripture like you asked.

You said:

"Once you have honestly addressed my post and honestly answered my question" (post #59)

You keep posting the same stuff for what, 4 pages now.

And I have answered like you asked.

And here, I will say the same thing to you:

You haven't answered with scriptures, you have answered with your opinion.

Here are my scriptures that teach us the resurrection, rapture and destruction of the antichrist happen at His coming.

• the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

We also know that there will be those who are caught up (raptured) at His coming, in Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians, which is also not mentioned in the Gospels.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

Paul also teaches us that the dead in Christ will rise first, at His coming, then those who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them.

The dead in Christ, and those who are alive and remain, will be caught up together, at His coming.

These scriptures are clear, that the resurrection and rapture take place at His coming.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 Thessalonians 2:1

• the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,

If you have a scripture that teaches us the resurrection and rapture do not take place at His coming then please share it so we can examine it.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:22-23

JLB

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You haven't answered with scriptures, you have answered with your opinion.

Here are my scriptures that teach us the resurrection, rapture and destruction of the antichrist happen at His coming.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 Thessalonians 2:1

JLB

And again, you prove my point.

You have posted the same rhetoric for 4 pages now.

The same scripture, the same post, word-for-word.

I have refuted your scriptures with your own scriptures.

It is a fact, the Matthew, Mark, Luke, and your Pauline passages, with the exception of 2 Thess. 2:8, don't say what you say.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, 1 Cor 15, 1 Thess 4, do speak of Jesus returning, a rapter, and resurrection. But nowhere in those scriptures does it say specifically that Jesus will destroy the antichrist.

Like I said, you have taken 4 certain passages of scripture, piecemealed them together with 2 Thess 2, and come up with your "doctrine".

And that is exactly what you have done.

Period.

You have purposely overlooked other passages.

And here again, look at the OP:

"So after being involved in 2 Independent Baptist Churches and knowing of their teaching of the Pre Trib Rapture I was wondering is this normal for a fundamentalist view of Bible?"

You have by-passed that, and gone straight to debating.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One more thing, starting on page 2, beginning with post #39, you have repeated the same thing:

Post #43
Post #57
Post #59
Post #75
Post #77
Post #82
Post #83
Post #87
Post #93
Post #99
Post #101
Post #108.

Almost verbatim.

What do the rules say about "Spamming"?

"Repetitive posting of similar or identical posts or threads is not allowed."

Source

Now, I have answered your "proof texts".

I have given definitions according to reputable sources.

Even quoted the Gospel passages (3), and two (2) of your passages from Paul.

And not one of them say: "Christ will destroy the antichrist at His coming". Except 2 Thess. 2:8. I'll concede that one (1).

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And furthermore, there is one thing I do know that you don't.

We are discussing "eschatology".

Eschatology has been debated since the early 1st century, shortly after John, John of Patmos, John the Revelator, whatever, or whomever you choose to call the writer of Revelation.

This fact is seen very clearly in the debates, discussions, writings of the ECF's on the view of "Chiliasm".

They took the word quite literally because they expected the return of Jesus at any moment.

And not one single man, born of woman, with the exception of Jesus Christ, has a "theology" that was 100% correct, 100% of the time.

We are, after all, talking about "end times".

In the area of "eschatology" everything is "up for grabs".

You accuse me of "stating my own opinons". Well, that is the same thing you have done.

You have taken a few pieces of scripture together, and said absolutely that this is the way it will be.

That is the same thing I have dealt with in GT when a certain poster there said Revelation 3:14-22, actually addressed the church there. And in spite of being shown that by the time of John writing that passage, the church at Laodicea did not exist. Destroyed by an earthquake in AD 65-66. (Source)

So I'm sorry, but while Mt.24:30-31, Mk. 13:27-28, Lk. 21:27-28, 1 Cor. 15:22-23, 51-54, and 1 Thess. 4:13-18 do say Jesus returns, a resurrection is mentioned in 1 Cor 15:22-23,51-54, and 1 Thess. 4:13-18, and a "rapture", but none of them, as I have shown say Jesus will destroy the antichrist.

You have taken five passages, plus the passage from 2 Thess. 2:8 and formed the foundation for your beliefs.

So, here I am, asking you nicely, and politely, not to "spam" the same thing again. 12x is enough.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And furthermore, there is one thing I do know that you don't.

We are discussing "eschatology".

Eschatology has been debated since the early 1st century, shortly after John, John of Patmos, John the Revelator, whatever, or whomever you choose to call the writer of Revelation.

This fact is seen very clearly in the debates, discussions, writings of the ECF's on the view of "Chiliasm".

They took the word quite literally because they expected the return of Jesus at any moment.

And not one single man, born of woman, with the exception of Jesus Christ, has a "theology" that was 100% correct, 100% of the time.

We are, after all, talking about "end times".

In the area of "eschatology" everything is "up for grabs".

You accuse me of "stating my own opinons". Well, that is the same thing you have done.

You have taken a few pieces of scripture together, and said absolutely that this is the way it will be.

That is the same thing I have dealt with in GT when a certain poster there said Revelation 3:14-22, actually addressed the church there. And in spite of being shown that by the time of John writing that passage, the church at Laodicea did not exist. Destroyed by an earthquake in AD 65-66. (Source)

So I'm sorry, but while Mt.24:30-31, Mk. 13:27-28, Lk. 21:27-28, 1 Cor. 15:22-23, 51-54, and 1 Thess. 4:13-18 do say Jesus returns, a resurrection is mentioned in 1 Cor 15:22-23,51-54, and 1 Thess. 4:13-18, and a "rapture", but none of them, as I have shown say Jesus will destroy the antichrist.

You have taken five passages, plus the passage from 2 Thess. 2:8 and formed the foundation for your beliefs.

So, here I am, asking you nicely, and politely, not to "spam" the same thing again. 12x is enough.

God Bless

Till all are one.

So now you have agreed that Jesus will indeed destroy the antichrist at His coming, let’s move on to the resurrection and rapture.

The resurrection and rapture also occur at His coming.

Here are the scriptures that teach this:

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

• we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

and again

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 1 Corinthians 15:20-24

• Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming

Based on these scriptures, do you agree that the resurrection and rapture occur at His coming?

JLB

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So now you have agreed that Jesus will indeed destroy the antichrist at His coming, let’s move on to the resurrection and rapture.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

• we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

and again

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 1 Corinthians 15:20-24

Based on these scriptures, do you agree that the resurrection and rapture occur at His coming?

JLB

Yes, and no.

Only one verse, that you have used, says that, (Christ destroying the antichrist) your others do not.

Agree?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

and again

Spam

Shall I list your other posts on this?

Post #23
Post #25
Post #39
Post #43
Post #57
Post #59
Post #75
Post #77
Post #85
Post #87
Post #93
Post #96
Post #99
Post #108
Post #112

You have almost quoted the same section, with the same answer "Almost verbatim." (cf. 1 Thess. 4:15-18; 1 Cor. 15:20-24)

And again, I have not disputed you on whether or not those scriptures teach a rapture or resurrection.

You just don't get it.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and no.

Only one verse, that you have used, says that, (Christ destroying the antichrist) your others do not.

Agree?

God Bless

Till all are one.

And again, I have not disputed you on whether or not those scriptures teach a rapture or resurrection.

Ok. Thank you.

So you agree that at His coming, the resurrection and rapture and destruction of the antichrist take place.

Now we can move forward in our discussion about this subject.

By the way, at His coming, He destroys all the wicked, not just the antichrist.

Amen.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:3

For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3

The Day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night for those who have been persecuting the Church during the tribulation, but not for the Church, since we know the times and seasons, that were taught to us by the Lord Jesus Christ.

That Day won’t come as a surprise to us.

4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 1 Thessalonians 5:4-5

• But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, you have taken 4 certain passages of scripture, piecemealed them together with 2 Thess 2, and come up with your "doctrine".

Now you wouldn’t be trying to misrepresent what I said would you.

I posted 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 for context, then when you kept denying that Jesus destroys the antichrist at His coming, I just gave you verse 8.

If you actually read what I posted you will see.

Verse 1 sets the context, whereby the gathering together of the Church at the resurrection and rapture is mentioned in verse 1, at His coming, in which Paul explains the the false Christ comes first and is destroyed by the Lord at The coming by which the Church is gathered.

Paul encourages them that the gathering of the Church is not past, but the antichrist comes first, to work his deception and is destroyed by the brightness of .the Lord’s coming.

JLB

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you agree that at His coming, the resurrection and rapture and destruction of the antichrist take place.

No

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now you wouldn’t be trying to misrepresent what I said would you.

I posted 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 for context, then when you kept denying that Jesus destroys the antichrist at His coming, I just gave you verse 8.

You have used that same piece of scripture, and you have virtually posted the exact same message over and over again.

And, if you don't believe me, check the post #'s of your posts to verify.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have used that same piece of scripture, and you have virtually posted the exact same message over and over again.

And, if you don't believe me, check the post #'s of your posts to verify.

God Bless

Till all are one.

So which is it, you agree that the resurrection and rapture and destruction of the antichrist, take place at His coming or not?

Here is my scripture that teaches us that the gathering together of the Church, occurs at His coming, as well as the destruction of the antichrist.

Paul encourages them that the gathering of the Church is not past, but the antichrist comes first, to work his deception and is destroyed by the brightness of the Lord’s coming.

JLB

Upvote 0