Divorced woman can't use frozen embryos, Arizona Supreme Court rules

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The decision says a woman can't use them to have a baby if her ex-husband doesn't want to have children with her.

A divorced Arizona woman cannot use her frozen embryos when her ex-husband doesn't want children with her, the state’s highest court ruled last week.

The ruling handed down Thursday relied on a contract signed by the couple before they were married that said if they broke up, they had to agree to have a baby or donate the unused embryos.

Link: Divorced woman can't use frozen embryos, Arizona Supreme Court rules

I personally hate the idea of freezing embryos--leaving them in a suspended state indefinitely.

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I saw this in the news the other day. I find the whole thing tragic. :( :pray:

The article said there were 7 embryos. That's 7 people who's lives hang in the balance of a bad relationship.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The article said there were 7 embryos. That's 7 people who's lives hang in the balance of a bad relationship.
I know. I have read about this type of situation repeatedly. I think that is why the church continually speaks out about these type is scenarios. It’s just so sad.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad the Catholic Church is against this type of thing. I was against it before becoming fully Catholic. I saw numerous pitfalls with it.

Upvote 0