DIVORCE in the body of Christ

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It depends on what side of the theological fence you are in terms of whether we are able to make decisions on our own concerning holiness, or whether we are totally helpless (ie: Arminianism/Calvinism). Actually God is not as worried as some of us are over these doctrinal distinctions. He has blessed and used people who hold either theology.

Those who love Jesus have a new heart. This new heart hungers after holiness. But we have this sin nature that trips us up and hinders us much of the time. Paul says that we must keep our bodies under subjection, so there is a part we have to play in order to maintain our walk with the Lord, and to do this, we follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit within us, rather than be in bondage to another human being. But in saying that, if someone you look up to and respect makes you aware of a moral issue that needs to be put right, then the Holy Spirit will confirm that if it comes from God.

If we didn't have a sinful nature, and were able to follow our new hearts; and were able to hear God's voice clearly all the time, Christians would get married to the right partners and would achieve successful marriages. Sadly, this is not the case, and divorce happens, and it is a matter of after falling down, both partners need to get up again and find out God's will for their respective lives even if they cannot be reconciled.

The worst that can happen is divorced people being treated with judgmentalism and legalism, instead of allowing the kindness of God forgive and heal them. Jesus is in the business of saving sinners, divorced people included. Legalism and judgmentalism drives people away from Jesus, but showing them the love of Jesus, draws them to Him where He can forgive, heal, and guide them in His paths of righteousness.

We need to remember: divorce is not the unforgiveable sin.

What a wonderful post Oscarr!

When you truly find the Lord, that is what you find!

Yet there are two sides: One that tells us to follow the Scriptures, and the other saying to follow the Lord according to the Scriptures. I don't believe a person can truly understand is unless they start listening to the Lord.

So one person will give you the impression that the unforgiveable sin is divorce, but the Lord forgives and forgets all our mistakes if we will just believe that He is there for us. If you believe He is there for you, then you will talk to Him and want to know what He has to say to you. Maybe not all the time, because we get busy and forget His is always with us, but if you believe you will again remember to turn to Him and the more your turn to Him the more you will again turn to Him.

The person turning to the Scriptures may think turning to the Scriptures is the same thing as turning to Him, but it is not. The Scriptures are right, but you can't understand them until you get into a personal relationship with the Lord.

When you listen to Him, you will find that He forgives and forgets your sins. You will be reproved by Him, but not condemmed. He wants to help you in so many ways. I could not tell you about all the ways He will help you. He'll help you pick out what food to eat, what clothes to wear if you'll let Him. So He will certainly help you with your relationships. If you want your marriage to be the best it can be, try listening to Him for advice.

Jesus Christ is the answer, but He is not the Scrptures, He is the One who had them written. So get to know the author and He will explain the book and so very much more.

The unforgiveable sin then is 'not believing' He is there for you; to help you, to advise you, to teach you. That is why is was written, "whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

He who believes is Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed. (Jn 3:18)

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I would hate to lose the woman I loved, it would be something traditional to fight for, to save her honour, sanctity, love, seed... in a break in or war. But then the same things happen in the illusion of freedom.

Most young girls who are abused are done so to, by mum's boyfriend.

I'd hate to lose these things, they are literally what matters most in life. Friendship, love, esteem, sanctity, honour, trust, dignity, history of the body.

For people, charismatics who practice holiness, divorce effects 10%, not 50%.

If I were you, I would practice abstinence. Unless there is Bible basis for divorce.

The person married to more than one person, needs be sanctified to be set apart again, by the Spirit infilling.

Upvote 0