SeekingTruthInGA

Mar 15, 2005
Atlanta, GA
✟15,113.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Everyone! I am a Newbie to this sight, but I think it will be a great outlet for me to discuss the scriptural issues surrounding my divorce. My ex left me for no ther reason than she did not want to be married to a teacher. Yes our marriage had problems, but none that were not fixable. My issue now is that my ex is now in an adulterous relationship. She gave the divorcehope.com website to try and prove that she was not committing adultery. I have been reading the excerpts and also trying to find out more about the author. At this point, Stephen Gola has very little credibility as he is self-taught and believes that God talks directly to him. He also has never been divorced. Although I do believe that their are reasons for divorce and that some people do stay in a bad marriage, I also believe that there should be some scriptural basis for divorce. Over 12 years ago, we made a covenant with God that said we would stay married no matter what til death do us part. I believe that all marriages have their ups and downs and that it is during the downs that we really need to lean on God. I also believe that we should lean on God during the good times too. Gola believes that a single person is more important than a covenant with God. To me, that is like saying a single person has the right to be above the law, any law, as long as it fits their personal needs. Its like saying its okay for me to steal a car, because I need the car even though it is against the law. Gola also believes that God speaks directly to him and those of us who have studied the scriptures know that God stopped that when we crucified his son on the cross. I believe that God does speak to us, but indirectly. The best example I can give of that is that one day I was at work stressing over when I would ever get to see my girls again and prayed to God saying that my girls were in his hands and that he would do what was best for them. Five minutes later, my attorney called with word that my ex was willing to start letting me see the girls again. He does not sit us down and say "Son I want you to go teach people about divorce!" That is a direct quote from Gola's profile on the divorce .com website. I think that Gola is sincere about being a christian, but I feel he is misguided if guided at all. Does anyone out there know anything about Stephen Gola or know where I can find out more about him?

Dr. Holly

Doctoring hearts with the love of Jesus
Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello there :wave:

How wonderful that you have found this site and decided to join us. It is a wonderful community with lots of loving, caring people. I hope that you will stick around and take the time to get to know some people. I trust in God that you will find what it is you are seeking here. I’m looking forward to seeing your posts in the near future. May God bless you richly in your life. If you ever need help with anything, I am only a PM away. I’d be happy to help in any way that I can. If you have any questions regarding how to navigate the site, check out the FAQ for answers. Do take care!
As for Stephen Gola, I have not heard anything about him to be honest. I am deeply saddened to hear what you have been through, and praying that God gives you the strength to keep going and do what is right in your life. I will also pray for your ex wife that the Lord will bring her back to where she belongs. :hug: God bless you & yours!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orchids

never grow up
Nov 9, 2004
California
✟17,131.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome, and may you be blessed and fulfill what you need! ^_^

Praise God there is such a place as this. You may wish to explore the FAQ first.

This makes an opportunity to make understanding with our brothers in Christ of differing denominations. Pehaps with understanding comes acceptance and love, or at least knowledge of reasoning. May we all reason throughout the Scriptures with boldness and love.

May God Bless you!

:prayer:

Upvote 0

Paisley

Faith without works is dead. James 2:17
Mar 12, 2005
Northern California
✟4,415.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello and welcome to Christian Forums. ;)

Isn't this just the most awesome place!?! There are a lot of places to explore. First, perhaps you should check out the FAQ up in the menu at the top. I really enjoy being on Christian Forums. Hope you do too!

Hope to see you posting in the forums soon. ^_^

Upvote 0

Organist

Hammond A102
Nov 12, 2004
California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to Christian Forums! May you be blessed with lots of blessings, reputations, health, and a lot of good posts!

There are many helpful things here in the FAQ and it will get you off to a wonderful start. We do hope to see you around the forums soon, and may God bless you. :)

Hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
the%20wave.GIF

WELCOME!

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."

Christian Forums FAQ:
http://www.christianforums.com/faq.php

Christian Forums Rules:
http://www.christianforums.com/faq.php?faq=rules

What are blessings?
http://www.christianforums.com/faq....n#faq_blessings

What is reputation?
http://www.christianforums.com/faq....#faq_reputation

How do I unregister?
http://www.christianforums.com/faq....#faq_unregister

What are referrals?
http://www.christianforums.com/faq....ferrals_explain

What do the various faith icons represent?
http://www.christianforums.com/show...264&postcount=1

Reily's
http://www.christianforums.com/t113...-in-prelude-to-reillys-iv-official-title.html

Upvote 0

apricot

Ye shall know them by their fruits . . .
Mar 9, 2005
Half Moon Bay
✟9,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, and welcome to Christian Forums! :wave: Hope you can find your way around here. Actually, I'm rather new here too. There are many interesting topics and areas to get into. May God bless.

May God be praised. :angel:

P. S. Hope you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Upvote 0

VictorianVelvet

Feb 17, 2005
Northern California
Visit site
✟9,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Hello, and welcome to Christian Forums! :wave: Hope you can find your way around here easily. With a little practice you will be expert at navigating the site. You may find more information at the top menu under FAQ if you have any questions.

God bless you! :angel:

Upvote 0

KittiK

Life's just like that.....
Jan 6, 2004
Houston
✟21,370.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello! It's very nice to meet you. I have not heard of him either, but he sounds alittle 'off'. I hope I don't offend you, but I think that God doesn't give us anything we can't handle and there is something definite that you and/or your ex will learn from this. What if God has great plans for you? What if this path will lead you to something truly blessed and wonderful? Don't let this stump you and remember....He is there for you and will stand beside you. Let Him drive.
Love,
~Kitti

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.