Divorce Attorneys Swamped with Pre-Divorce Strategy Clients over Hillary-Trump Election!

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This year's election is literally tearing families apart as Married men are speaking to Divorce Lawyers in droves, learning how to pre-position marital assets to prevent losing them in advance of DIVORCING their Hillary-supporting wives!

"They're coming in droves" says lifelong Divorce Attorney Cal Bregel. "I've never seen anything like this, where men are actually pre-planning to divorce their wives because the wife is going to vote for a particular political candidate" he continued.

These men want to pre-position their assets in such a way as to make them unavailable for Divorce settlements; they're hiding assets from their wives because the wife is voting Hillary!

According to Bregel, this trend began 7 or 8 months ago. One client, whom Bregel could not name due to attorney-client privilege, told him flat out "My wife is voting for that [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Hillary and I want nothing to do with Hillary or anyone who supports her."

Bregel went on to say that since then, there has been a very noticeable surge in men coming in to his office seeking similar counseling, and for the exact same reason: the election!

http://halturnershow.com/index.php/...-strategy-clients-over-hillary-trump-election

In early May, when Dr. Thomas Stossel told his wife, Dr. Kerry Maguire, of his plan to vote for Donald J. Trump in the general election, she hit him with an ultimatum.

“If you vote for Trump, I will divorce you and move to Canada,” she recalled telling him. He tried to laugh it off.

“I’m serious,” Dr. Maguire told him.

Before this spat, through nearly 20 years of marriage, politics had never caused much friction between Dr. Maguire, a dentist who is the director of the children’s outreach program at the Forsyth Institute in Cambridge, Mass., and Dr. Stossel, a hematologist and professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School.

Then came the 2016 presidential campaign. A political season that has made for hot debates in the public arena has also seeped into private lives, complicating friendships, marriages, romances and relationships among family members.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/fashion/marriage-politics-donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html

• Haha
Reactions: Uncle Siggy

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is ridiculous, that something like this can breakup families and breakup 20 years of marriage. We need to remember at the end of this election we still love each other and will be there for one another regardless of the outcome of an election.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is ridiculous, that something like this can breakup families and breakup 20 years of marriage. We need to remember at the end of this election we still love each other and will be there for one another regardless of the outcome of an election.

Agree. If people are getting divorced over politics then perhaps there is more in the marriage to be concerned with and addressed.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The sinful nature we all carry around seeks to burst forth 24/7. The Spiritual Nature is there to withstand each assault. We can yield to the former (example: anger) while putting the latter on hold. The result is destructive of every relationship. Each party needs to take time out for prayer, confession (1 John 1:9, John 14:6), and thank God for each other, the children, grandchildren and the extended family.

"Father, hear our prayer. We confess that, as in 1 John 1:9, we too often fall short, too often fail to comprehend your loving Grace. Thank You, Father, for our family. Knit us together in an everlasting bond. Thank You for Jesus! Amen!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it hard to believe a solid marriage could be broken up by this, but I'm not surprised that it could be that last proverbial straw breaking the camel's back.

Or some are looking for any reason to get out of the marriage.

There are a lot of sham marriages out there built on the superficial .

2016-10-29-18-07-05--1673819533.jpg

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
pffft...like these two are any better...

donald-trump-and-wife-melania-trump-at-a-football-game-at-metlife-F27HXE.jpg
You need what three more pics for Trump.

You point out the other side of the coin. People who use marriage like it's going steady.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums