Divorce and remarriage

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have also heard that. But I have heard too that the verb tense makes the adultery continuous and to not be deceived, adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven.
footnote: In heaven, there are no adulterers, no thieves, no liars, no gays, no idolators, no one who is greedy....

So, if someone on earth is an adulterer, a thief, a liar, a gay, an idolator, or greedy,

how can they hope to enter the Kingdom of Yahuweh (heaven) ?

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well ... if he's remarried and has had children by the other woman .... isn't that adultery?
Would they be bastards or belong to the former husband according to the reasoning on this thread? Good question.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟678,372.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What is your contention? I'm lost...
I think the Lord is giving us the way of perfection. We grow into this to be like Jesus with time and with help and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

People (I don't mean you) have taken His perfect will out of context and applied it legalistically as if we were living in a world where hardened hearts did not exist anymore.

Because of the Roman Church and Protestant churches, a lot of Christians throughout history have been subjected to abuse and horrible injustice bec they could not divorce their spouses when churches controlled legislation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Because of the Roman Church and Protestant churches, a lot of Christians throughout history have been subjected to abuse and horrible injustice bec they could not divorce their spouses when churches controlled legislation.
No.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟678,372.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is no divorce recognized by God in the New Testament. So people remain married to their original spouse until death. All subsequent marriages are adultery and need to be repented of.
I guess people who live together without getting married got the right idea. They don't have to divorce and then commit adultery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who chooses to follow Jesus, WILL SUFFER painful persecution.

They do not run from suffering, but rather embrace it. (Jesus says)
I don’t think the word embrace is used anywhere in the bible that I can think of.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don’t think the word embrace is used anywhere in the bible that I can think of.
I found it in an internet search in the Bible. Also, the whole idea is found often - as in
the Epistles where it is written
Jesus suffered willingly,
and we (all Ekklesia)
are to have the same attitude to suffer willingly without complaining.... obediently without drawing back....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Matthew 9:13

Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
He gives mercy to those who obey Him. He offers forgiveness to those who repent,
not to those who continually rebel against Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found it in an internet search in the Bible. Also, the whole idea is found often - as in
the Epistles where it is written
Jesus suffered willingly,
and we (all Ekklesia)
are to have the same attitude to suffer willingly without complaining.... obediently without drawing back....
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Rather a mistermeaner when the thread is about testing God.

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
He gives mercy to those who obey Him. He offers forgiveness to those who repent,
not to those who continually rebel against Him.

Opinion duly noted and dismissed.

BTW, I have repented of anything and everything that I did that caused my ex-wife not to be happy with me, but God did bring me my girlfriend, so apparently God is fine with divorce and remarriage in certain circumstances, otherwise he wouldn't have brought me my girlfriend and me to her after we prayed the same thing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This may be a bit off topic, but for those of you who don't believe prophesy is for today:

Exhibit A:
This is always a hot topic. There's a good chance this thread will get crazy. :) But I'll say this:

I believe this is one area where the church has majorly missed it... no matter how you come down on it. People get passionate about the issue and tend to not treat others as they would want to be treated. All while waving scripture in their faces. It's a complicated and emotional issue and we should never forget to treat people with dignity and respect regardless of our theology.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(relax... it's just a little good natured fun)

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟678,372.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am married to a divorced man, and this has been a hard subject. His first wife left and married someone else. We did not know what the Bible said. I wasn't saved at the time and I dont know what to do.
Love the Lord first and your husband second.

Upvote 0