✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why ignore ANY SCRIPTURE ?
I assume you don't advocate cutting off people's hands or tearing out their eyes. And I'm very sure the Lord neither intended this nor intended to say that the divorced go to hell or should be cutoff, etc. The lord preached compassion and forgiveness. If He didn't, then I misunderstood Him completely.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I assume you don't advocate cutting off people's hands or tearing out their eyes. And I'm very sure the Lord neither intended this nor intended to say that the divorced go to hell or should be cutoff, etc. The lord preached compassion and forgiveness. If He didn't, then I misunderstood Him completely.
I have no opinion what you understand of Him,
but you don't understand the verse I quoted apparently.
It is very simple, not just simple, and it is truth.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have no opinion what you understand of Him, but you don't understand the verse I quoted apparently. It is very simple, not just simple, and it is truth.
2Co 3:6 He has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

If you want to condemn people whom the Lord poured His blood for their salvation based on your understanding of the letter rather than the Spirit and context, only God can teach us all.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
2Co 3:6 He has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

If you want to condemn people whom the Lord poured His blood for their salvation based on your understanding of the letter rather than the Spirit and context, only God can teach us all.
There's no basis for you to assume such things as you do.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus said adultery is grounds for divorce. An abused spouse is not living in a workable marriage. Marriage is about love not hate. If you're life is not safe then leaving is okay. Jesus said not to kill.
I don't know if what Jesus said sbout the other things mentioned here , per se, and according to the Hebrew way of life and Hebrew knowledge of Yahweh and His Word
can be discussed in this section. Perhaps another time, in another section ? ..... (i.e. no debate here)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
After reading the comments in this forum I will have to say I am grateful I am an Orthodox Christian. God is a loving and merciful God. I'm not hearing that here. He knows what's best for others.
Once again, I don't know if what Jesus said sbout the other things mentioned here , per se, and according to the Hebrew way of life and Hebrew knowledge of Yahweh....

One thing I am pretty sure though is agreed upon, is Jesus Words > "I have not come to bring peace, but a sword..." ..... (i.e. not always seeming nice and sweet, not always seeming "loving and merciful", until revealed by the Father to each person, and scourging is necessary).....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am confused what you actually are talking about. Oh, well.
Welcome in the Christian Forums. I'm relatively new, also. I recently learned that if you click on a member's name you get a short menu where you can put them on ignore. It saves a lot of headache. There are other useful choices in that menu, also.

Upvote 0

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have not been watching this thread closely, but when I read inappropriate content what comes to my mind is the lack of respect for another human being that most likely is being human trafficked and what they really need is for someone to rescue them so they can be healed and not abused.
A Christian is someone who is Christlike. That seeks to be pure. inappropriate content is not a Christlike activity. It not only kills the spirit of those that are forced to do it, but also is killing the one who participates in it.
Dr. Phil said either you are a contributor in life to make it better or someone that contaminants life. Godly contributors bare righteous fruit and ungodly acts contaminants one's soul. Contaminant - to be impure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0