Hotsprings
✟29,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello im in desperate need of advice...im in the middle of divorce .after 10 years of abuse and sexual immorality.... I have grown tired of the abandonment and responsibilities my husband has abandoned. The problem is my husband says he has recommited hisself to christ and wants us to stayed married. But I do not trust him with our family anymore though his abuse of me in front of our children for years. And me being distraught for years of his inappropriate contentography addictions and filandering. I am completely unable to trust him ...i dont even have a desire to touch him i am disgusted. He now says i am going against God because he has changed after 10 years of abuse and adultery. I feel broken down because of all this and the needs of my autistic son and adhd daughter dont make it easier. I need advice and prayers

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rose, welcome to the forums. I will pray for you and your whole situation, that you might find peace and the strength and courage to do God's will for you. He loves you and always wants the best for you.

I have no advice, but it sounds like you have biblical grounds for divorce based on a longstanding pattern of infidelity and abuse, and it sounds like you have reason to mistrust his intentions at this time. It is hard to give advice based on a single internet post, but he sounds to be trying to manipulate you if he has previously shown no sign of repenting and changing. I will also pray for discernment for you that your way might be clear.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

RoseforChrist

Jun 21, 2017
Hotsprings
✟29,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rose, welcome to the forums. I will pray for you and your whole situation, that you might find peace and the strength and courage to do God's will for you. He loves you and always wants the best for you.

I have no advice, but it sounds like you have biblical grounds for divorce based on a longstanding pattern of infidelity and abuse, and it sounds like you have reason to mistrust his intentions at this time. It is hard to give advice based on a single internet post, but he sounds to be trying to manipulate you if he has previously shown no sign of repenting and changing. I will also pray for discernment for you that your way might be clear.

God bless you.
Thanks so much for your thoughtful prayers and guidance. Sincerely rose

• Friendly
Reactions: Grim88
Upvote 0

RoseforChrist

Jun 21, 2017
Hotsprings
✟29,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is Rose supposed to repent of? Wasted 10 years of her life? Her husband is to love her as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it. She can forgive him, but that does not mean she has to stay married to someone that cheated on her for years
ty for your support

• Friendly
Reactions: Grim88
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello im in desperate need of advice...im in the middle of divorce .after 10 years of abuse and sexual immorality.... I have grown tired of the abandonment and responsibilities my husband has abandoned. The problem is my husband says he has recommited hisself to christ and wants us to stayed married. But I do not trust him with our family anymore though his abuse of me in front of our children for years. And me being distraught for years of his inappropriate contentography addictions and filandering. I am completely unable to trust him ...i dont even have a desire to touch him i am disgusted. He now says i am going against God because he has changed after 10 years of abuse and adultery. I feel broken down because of all this and the needs of my autistic son and adhd daughter dont make it easier. I need advice and prayers
Please keep an open mind and heart. Im sorry if someone has been rude to you and am praying for you :prayer: Its very nice to meet you and hopefully you can find some comfort here on CF.

Upvote 0

macek

Apr 21, 2017
Ljubljana
✟65,547.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its a complex issue and it would be best not to jump to conclusions. As far as scripture goes, Grim88 is correct in that the husband is given the right to divorce as he is the head of the family and answers to Christ. Problem is that her husband is in a bad position (unless he repents, changes his ways, learns humility and obedience) as he will answer for his actions. When Adam and Eve were in transgression it was upon Adam that responsibility fell for he was the head of his family. However i heartily disagree with Grim88 second comment about man having weakness and that its okay to reside in lust. Its not and therein lies the problem. A man should lead his family in righteousness and holiness and be example to the family in Christ name.

Long story short, i have no advice for you, Rose but i will pray for you, your husband and your family. If you love him and wish him to be saved and delivered from his addictions, pray for him and find it in your heart to forgive him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RoseforChrist

Jun 21, 2017
Hotsprings
✟29,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please keep an open mind and heart. Im sorry if someone has been rude to you and am praying for you :prayer: Its very nice to meet you and hopefully you can find some comfort here on CF.
Thank you

Upvote 0

RoseforChrist

Jun 21, 2017
Hotsprings
✟29,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its a complex issue and it would be best not to jump to conclusions. As far as scripture goes, Grim88 is correct in that the husband is given the right to divorce as he is the head of the family and answers to Christ. Problem is that her husband is in a bad position (unless he repents, changes his ways, learns humility and obedience) as he will answer for his actions. When Adam and Eve were in transgression it was upon Adam that responsibility fell for he was the head of his family. However i heartily disagree with Grim88 second comment about man having weakness and that its okay to reside in lust. Its not and therein lies the problem. A man should lead his family in righteousness and holiness and be example to the family in Christ name.

Long story short, i have no advice for you, Rose but i will pray for you, your husband and your family. If you love him and wish him to be saved and delivered from his addictions, pray for him and find it in your heart to forgive him.
Thank you for your prayer and i do forgive him. But my focus is now on my children.

Upvote 0

RoseforChrist

Jun 21, 2017
Hotsprings
✟29,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She has no trust as to his words and does not even want to touch him. Some questions I have are - Why did she wait so many years and now wants a divorce and also - what has made him want to return to Christ? Was he ever saved as he thinks? The Bible shows you must remain a believer to be saved. If ye - continue in the faith...
I have waited because i truly believed his words as any good wife should but his actions proved otherwise. And i realized my wanting to keep our family together was doing more harm to our children than good sincerely rose

Upvote 0

RoseforChrist

Jun 21, 2017
Hotsprings
✟29,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She has no trust as to his words and does not even want to touch him. Some questions I have are - Why did she wait so many years and now wants a divorce and also - what has made him want to return to Christ? Was he ever saved as he thinks? The Bible shows you must remain a believer to be saved. If ye - continue in the faith...
He returned to christ when i completely left our home

Upvote 0