Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's really lovely. And it's interesting to me to hear how different it is from my own church's liturgies, even though Egyptians of course also speak Arabic. :) Of course the text is different in this case, but even just the cadence -- it's quite different, even if we're both using fusha/literary register. I suppose it's part of the Greco-Arab chant style. Very nice.

Will you be posting the EO liturgies in different languages regularly? If so, I read some time ago that there are some services occasionally in Romani for the Roma people in the Balkans who have been EO for some time since settling in places like Bulgaria, etc. Do you know where to find those/can you post them? I found an audio file of one Romani liturgy a long time ago, but I can't for the life of me remember where. I'd be interested to hear liturgies in these smaller, lesser known languages, like maybe if the Russian Orthodox have services in any of the Turkic languages of Siberia like Chulym, Sakha, Khakas, etc.

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's really lovely. And it's interesting to me to hear how different it is from my own church's liturgies, even though Egyptians of course also speak Arabic. :) Of course the text is different in this case, but even just the cadence -- it's quite different, even if we're both using fusha/literary register. I suppose it's part of the Greco-Arab chant style. Very nice.

Will you be posting the EO liturgies in different languages regularly? If so, I read some time ago that there are some services occasionally in Romani for the Roma people in the Balkans who have been EO for some time since settling in places like Bulgaria, etc. Do you know where to find those/can you post them? I found an audio file of one Romani liturgy a long time ago, but I can't for the life of me remember where. I'd be interested to hear liturgies in these smaller, lesser known languages, like maybe if the Russian Orthodox have services in any of the Turkic languages of Siberia like Chulym, Sakha, Khakas, etc.

I will see what I can find. :)

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics