Diversity of beliefs: State your beliefs/opinions...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Due to the diversity of different theories/Ideas/beliefs/opinions on their Christian Faith...

This is a chance to show just how "radical" you are, give us info on what about your beliefs makes you a non-denom, even the most outrageous theories, what sets you apart (or makes you belong to) a particular denomination, or not....

Comments?

God Bless!

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm surprised that nobody has answered this yet, but I'll be the first.

I am a Christian first and foremost, without the need to belong to a group. I am not a "joiner"; I don't feel the need to be a part of a group where everyone believes or does the same thing, whether it's a church, a team, a fan of some celebrity, etc.

I spend a lot of time reading the Bible; it's as necessary to me as food. I don't feel the need to be taught by a pastor although I'm not opposed to it. Sooner or later, I hear God's word distorted to create an ideological "turf" that separates a denomination from the rest of the body of Christ, and then I separate myself from that group..

I view all Protestant denominations, as well as Catholics and Orthodox, as my brothers and sisters in Christ. I have no desire to be separate from them (although I sometimes disagree with their doctrines and/or traditions) but neither do I feel the need to join them.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm surprised that nobody has answered this yet, but I'll be the first.

I am a Christian first and foremost, without the need to belong to a group. I am not a "joiner"; I don't feel the need to be a part of a group where everyone believes or does the same thing, whether it's a church, a team, a fan of some celebrity, etc.

So, you feel fine being a lone wolf? What about the not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together?

I spend a lot of time reading the Bible; it's as necessary to me as food. I don't feel the need to be taught by a pastor although I'm not opposed to it. Sooner or later, I hear God's word distorted to create an ideological "turf" that separates a denomination from the rest of the body of Christ, and then I separate myself from that group..

Understandable

I view all Protestant denominations, as well as Catholics and Orthodox, as my brothers and sisters in Christ. I have no desire to be separate from them (although I sometimes disagree with their doctrines and/or traditions) but neither do I feel the need to join them.

Is there something a little radical about your own doctrine that sets you apart from these groups, or why in particular do you not feel the need to join a group? What is it about your non-denominational beliefs that makes you a non-denom?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

joshuanazar

Servant
Mar 29, 2015
In Christ
✟8,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Immediately after I was saved, I had three years where I was alone with no church to help. It was just me and God and his Word. So I got close to God and I learned from his Spirit. Because of that I grew spiritually without all of these traditions that denominations and churches do thinking that it is from God. I am not nontraditional, but anti-traditional.

Because I spent all that time without a preacher, I do not believe that they are necessary to grow spiritually when you have the Spirit of Truth. A preacher called and led by God is definitely helpful sometimes, but he cannot override what the Spirit has told me. I also don't believe that I need a preacher to pray with me when I know God hears my prayers. I think agreement is great, but I also see that some people do not have faith in God but faith in the preacher and that is wrong.

I believe that sin and salvation are attitudes that we have in regard to God and repentance is a complete change in those attitudes. I believe that salvation can only be obtained through God's grace.

My view of the church is completely different than what it actually is.
The reality is that different people from different denominations go to different churches for weekly, sometimes bi-weekly service. But my vision is that we all drop labels and realize that we are all one body, that we stop having services and have church 24/7. We should have church at work, on the streets, the supermarkets, in each others homes. We should be less focused on the buildings and more focused on the Body. Without having church in three years, I love church now. Even if they are not exactly what I believe they can be, they still share a love for Jesus.

Above all I believe in God's never ending grace and love.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am a Christian in my beliefs. Through my studies of the bible and systematic theologies, I agree with Calvinists in their understanding of the fullness of the gospel.

And what do Calvinists believe in their understanding of the fullness of the gospel?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what do Calvinists believe in their understanding of the fullness of the gospel?

God Bless!

The shortest answer is found in "What is Reformed Theology" by R. C. Sproul. I would try to summarize it in a few paragraphs, but that's what the detractors of Calvinism use to incorrectly define it.

Upvote 0