America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
So... I've been sorta interested in what makes people tick... especially the ones who are nothing like me at all. And yeah, I could've said what's your sign? and let it go at that... but I'm more about the here and now, these days. So... even if the Movie is getting to be a thing of the past... what isn't, am I right? How much do you know about yourself? is probably the right question to ask.

From the Movie Divergent: What's your Faction?

Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Dauntless, Erudite

Divergent Factions Quiz: Take the aptitude test from the book

Then try this one... it's much better.

Divergent Faction Quiz. 100% Accurate Divergent Test

Last edited:

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So... I've been sorta interested in what makes people tick... especially the ones who are nothing like me at all. And yeah, I could've said what's your sign? and let it go at that... but I'm more about the here and now, these days. So... even if the Movie is getting to be a thing of the past... what isn't, am I right? How much do you know about yourself? is probably the right question to ask.

From the Movie Divergent: What's your Faction?

Divergent Factions Quiz: Take the aptitude test from the book
Until Christ opens ones eyes directly it is impossible to see The Truth including that about oneself. Illuminating.

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Agreed. And then we have a goal, don't we?

But I've been wondering psych 101 type questions.

How easy is it... to be less than Divergent?

Selfless without being kind? Kind without being selfless?
A brave soldier without being selfless? Selfless without being brave?
Honest without being smart? Smart without being honest?
Honest without being kind? Kind without being honest?

Astrology and Personality Type: the Lion, the Moon, and the Wardrobe

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Try this:
Personality Type Indicator

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mine:
INTPs like yourself make up about 4% of the population.

As an INTP, you are creative, flexible, and analytical. You enjoy thinking about complex problems and theories. You tend to think about things logically and rationally in nearly any situation. You are able to quickly consider many factors and communicate your ideas to others. Because of this, you usually win arguments.

You hold yourself and others to a very high standard. You always try to learn from your mistakes and do your best to avoid making the same errors again in the future. You hold others to a very high standard and expect people to follow through on their responsibilities.

You are an excellent problem-solver. You enjoy setting goals for yourself, and you are always looking for ways to better yourself. You value education and knowledge highly and tend to be academically successful. In your work life, you are able to visualize where your project or company is headed and communicate this with others.

While you enjoy playing the devil’s advocate and are often correct, you may come off as pushy or rude when sharing your ideas with others. You must remind yourself to make others feel heard, even when you don’t agree. Others may view you as impatient and harsh.

In addition, you are not as skilled at making plans and completing projects as you are at seeing various possibilities. This makes you well-suited to work with others in formulating ideas, but the planning and implementation should be left to others.

Because you do not like mistakes, you may become impatient with others who are less competent than you are. You focus more on efficiency than the needs and feelings of others, which can often be problematic. You are best fit for leadership roles and may have trouble working as part of a team—especially if your team members are feeling (F) types.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Mine:
Not many people end up being Erudite. That is because intelligence is beyond knowledge. The Erudite community encourages its members to fight idiocy and unawareness. And the fact that you fell into this Faction shows you care about such matters as well. It is great that you value learning new stuff and experiencing novel things. However, do not forget that you are prone to vanity and narcissism. So, use your intelligence to help others rather than humiliating them for what they lack.

In the Briggs/Myers system, I'm an extreme INTP/ENTP. So I'd probably always get the same results here. And now, I think we've hijacked the thread. Maybe we should take it elsewhere.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: The 16 Personality Types

INTJs like yourself make up 2.9% of the population.

You are a great problem solver. To you, there is no problem that cannot be overcome, and you enjoy nothing more than reaching your goals. You are very achievement-oriented and intelligent. You have the rare ability to visualize the future you desire, and you are able to put it into a plan of action. This is evident in both your personal life and work life. In your personal life, you enjoy setting goals for yourself, and you’re always looking for ways to better yourself. In your work life, you are able to visualize where your project or company is headed and make a plan to achieve your goals. You hold yourself and others to a very high standard. You always try to learn from your mistakes, doing your best to avoid making the same ones again in the future.

While you enjoy solving problems, you may come off as pushy when sharing your ideas with others. You have no problem playing the devil’s advocate and poking holes in others’ arguments and ideas. This can be especially problematic with people who are “F” (Feeling) types, as they can be sensitive to criticism. You must remind yourself to make others feel heard, even when you don’t agree.

Because you do not like mistakes, you may become impatient with people who are less competent than yourself. You focus more on efficiency than the needs and feelings of others, which can often be problematic. Sometimes, you may have trouble working as part of a team.

Similarly, your desire for efficiency and practicality may lead you to neglect thinking about the bigger picture or complex theories. You may have a tendency to make decisions without considering all of the possible options. Others may view you as impatient.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
INTJs like yourself make up 2.9% of the population.

I'm actually INTP, sometimes ENTP on those tests. But yes, we're a very small minority among others. It's why we often feel like aliens when we are kids. The good news for us, is that as we get older, there's more of us in honors HS classes and college, so we fit in better.

And fortunately, INTPs in particular tend to be quiet, but with big egos, so we don't worry too much about what everyone else thinks.

I when I was teaching, I often gave the inventory to kids, telling them that the results they got were their own business, and they didn't need to tell anyone else what they got, but knowing this could help them study more effectively. For example, INTPs benefit by the 'big picture', so they should go to the back of the chapter, read the summary, and then read the chapter to get the details that fit into the overall concept. That would be completely wrong for ESFJs, which respond well to classic teaching ideas ("you need to build the foundation before you build the house"). Not surprisingly, most teachers are SFs, who are about 45 percent of the population.

Does that mean that I had to vary my presentations to deal with all the different ways that kids learn? Yes. That's what it means. And to that end, I helped each kid find his or her own best way of learning the subject matter.

Over the years, I've had a lot of kids tell me at the end of the term that they wished someone had helped them do this from their first day of school. Some NTs and NFs may never have been exposed to teaching that appealed to their strengths.

You can read too much into this kind of thing, but most of my students thought it made learning easier for them, once they tried the methods that are said to be most efficient for their temperaments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I'm actually INTP, sometimes ENTP on those tests. But yes, we're a very small minority among others. It's why we often feel like aliens when we are kids. The good news for us, is that as we get older, there's more of us in honors HS classes and college, so we fit in better.

And fortunately, INTPs in particular tend to be quiet, but with big egos, so we don't worry too much about what everyone else thinks.

I when I was teaching, I often gave the inventory to kids, telling them that the results they got were their own business, and they didn't need to tell anyone else what they got, but knowing this could help them study more effectively. For example, INTPs benefit by the 'big picture', so they should go to the back of the chapter, read the summary, and then read the chapter to get the details that fit into the overall concept. That would be completely wrong for ESFJs, which respond well to classic teaching ideas ("you need to build the foundation before you build the house"). Not surprisingly, most teachers are SFs, who are about 45 percent of the population.

Well, that explains it, then. Even the word "feelings" tends to raise my gag reflext. And if I have to hear one more time "you just gotta have something to say, don't you?!"... maaaann.. If I bother thinking about something, then I have an opinion about it. I don't even begin to understand how any other way works. Just talking to hear oneself talk, or wasting time pretending to listen to things I don't even remotely care about... I just don't get it.

Yeah... so, some people say that these personality tests are a jumping off point to start changing who you are... by how you react to other people, apparently. Whatever makes them think this is a good idea, seems to be based on their collective SF personality...? But what makes them think their way is better than what the non-SF has going on? ....... It's a big world, so there should be room for the odd-balls... on some little island.

Aaaanny way... I went looking for different personality tests... to get that second opinion I like to find, but rarely need... and found this:

The Big Five Personality Test

I like the Big Five Personality Test. The really big plus-side, is the ability to change your answer if you're distracted by another thought that's trying to lead you down a different path, so that you check the totally oposite box... Because that's how my mind works. I see connections EVERYwhere. Ever see that picture of what neurons and synapses look like? Well, sometimes the inside of my head must look like a string of lights on a Christmas tree... the random blinking kind.

But wanna know the really odd thing about all of this?

I haven't changed at all, from the time I was an embryo... according to my Astrology Natal Chart... Personality itself seems to be set in stone, period, exclamation point. And, no... I don't believe the predictive part... worrying about what they say's going to happen won't help you, IMO.

So... "I can't help when I was born", might be the right thing to say, when they tell you to change who you are. You could just tell them you can't, but they'll just tell you to work at it... blah blah blah

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟244,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

I'm hardcore INTP.

One nice advantage of being INTP is that we can pay very little attention in classes, put off assignments and studying to the last minute, and still somehow ace the tests.

I qualified for the Erudite faction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums